Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i should probably remove my window tints if i go to the academy right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glawk View Post
      so i should probably remove my window tints if i go to the academy right?
      For the love of God yes remove them. You don't want any attention towards you. I went in state as a recruit. It will be the worst 6 months of your life, but the best feeling in the world when you graduate.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone who has received good news!! Hopefully we get our letters next week for medicals/vision.

Comment

• To: Que Dog7
          i was one of the 89 interview last week. congrads to all 71 that made it. in my case, i was one who didnt make the cut.

Question : am I still consider for cadet class 121? am i still in the 150 pool? or do i need to start from the beginning again since i took my oral interview.

i just want to know, what is my next step and chances. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
          Nope. They still have about 150-160. They didn't specify. Again, that can change as things sometimes does...it's all based on the need at that particular time. For now, they said the current list will be for CC121. ***Update***
          backgrounds for CC121 will begin in Aug or Sept!
          Fresh off of the press! REAL TALK...just found out.

Comment

• That is a great question. Unfortunately I don't believe if you didn't make the cut past orals that they will keep you. If it were the case for CC120, then they would keep whatever alternates left over after week 2 of 120 has begun and place them into CC121's class....but I don't think there will be any alternates this time around. The Merit Board did say though that they PLAN on having 2 more classes after CC120 this FY. One in the winter and one in the Spring. The Spring class will be from those who test in Nov. and Dec. So if you have to retest, at least you won't have to wait a long time like the previous candidates had to wait to be processed for an upcoming Cadet Class. Great luck to ya.

Comment

• New to the forum. Hoping that I get a call for the next class.

Comment

• Does anyone know if cadets are covered by health insurance beginning the day we step foot into the academy? (Just trying to plan ahead.). Also -- I currently participate in IMRF retirement, am not quite vested, and am wondering if it will roll over into ISP's retirement program. Any information is greatly appreciated! Congrats to all who are certified. To all others - hang in there!

Comment

• Got the call for medical and vision

Comment

• Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                    Got the call for medical and vision
                    Same. Do they let you know if you passed right away?

Comment

• Same call and email. Going to Chicago August 4 for the medical. I hear the Amtrak is down, any truth to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by asarose View Post
                        Does anyone know if cadets are covered by health insurance beginning the day we step foot into the academy? (Just trying to plan ahead.). Also -- I currently participate in IMRF retirement, am not quite vested, and am wondering if it will roll over into ISP's retirement program. Any information is greatly appreciated! Congrats to all who are certified. To all others - hang in there!
                        Yes you are covered from day one at the academy. I cant speak to the IMRF question, however, within the first week you will have a presentation done regarding retirements/insurance etc.

Comment

• Same call & email. Was starting to get a lil' anxious.

Glad these exams are close to home in the city for me. 10 minute drive as opposed to 190 miles...I'll take it.

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many they expect to have in the next class?

Comment

• hey ISPTPR22,

how long can my hair be for the academy? like what number buzz should i get? ive had lovely long curly hair all my life so i have no idea what im doing lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4561 users online. 305 members and 4256 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X