Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im entering late in the game. I am curious if anyone knows when the next ISP test in Chicagoland area will be? Or will I be waiting forever like CPD? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Vigilante99 View Post
      Mjaga...Congratulations and best of luck! In regards to your question(s), I recieved the same information, in the same order and timeframe. I do think the timeline is very "tight", however, I did have an internship with the ISP. Which I am assuming helped with the BI.
      I also completed an internship with ISP last spring, maybe they just re-used those BI results?

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
      lol mjaga. just email Julie Webster and copy paste that post. seems like you passed everything without trying. they must really want you.
      Glawk...who wouldn't want me?! Ok just kidding...they should have came calling a little sooner tho.

Originally posted by OfficerDown88 View Post
      Does ISP conduct a polygraph and psych or after passing the oral interview do you move straight to the medical?
      According to Troopers on my internship, some did and some didn't. It sounds like in the past they conducted a poly if they felt they needed to, but I'm not sure that they require it.

Comment

• Forgive me if this has been covered, but does anyone know when the ISP will conduct its next test for Troopers?

Comment

• Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
          Forgive me if this has been covered, but does anyone know when the ISP will conduct its next test for Troopers?
          They're still working off the people that tested last year.

I would guess sometime in the summer of 2013. Someone posted a link in this thread to fill out an interest card.

Comment

• got my letter in the mail today. i was hoping the interview would be in chicago, god im so naive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glawk View Post
              got my letter in the mail today. i was hoping the interview would be in chicago, god im so naive.
              Chicago would have been nice! Check your inbox...

Comment

• My letter came today as well. I'm scheduled to work that day, so I'm taking it as fates way of telling me that ISP is not in my best interest at the moment. Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mjaga View Post
                  My letter came today as well. I'm scheduled to work that day, so I'm taking it as fates way of telling me that ISP is not in my best interest at the moment. Good luck to everyone else!
                  You must not want it that bad. I took off work for both interview dates awhile ago in preparation that I got the interview!

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerDown88 View Post
                    You must not want it that bad. I took off work for both interview dates awhile ago in preparation that I got the interview!
                    I'm starting week 2 of Field Training with my current dept and my sched is already laid out until mid-August. How do you think it would look to my PD if the new recruit already started asking for dates off (esp dates I'm scheduled to work)? On top of that...for another police agency?

I tested for almost 2 years to get where I'm at....I'm not going to risk throwing that all away just for an interview.

Good luck to you and everyone else at the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mjaga View Post
                      I'm starting week 2 of Field Training with my current dept and my sched is already laid out until mid-August. How do you think it would look to my PD if the new recruit already started asking for dates off (esp dates I'm scheduled to work)? On top of that...for another police agency?

I tested for almost 2 years to get where I'm at....I'm not going to risk throwing that all away just for an interview.

Good luck to you and everyone else at the interview.
                      Ah well that makes sense. Never mind then.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMM View Post
                        They're still working off the people that tested last year.

I would guess sometime in the summer of 2013. Someone posted a link in this thread to fill out an interest card.
                        Nothing is currently scheduled...but here is the link. You should also keep an eye on this sight as it will have the most up to date info on when and where the next tests will be held. My guess would be they will test at the end of this year or early next year.

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/appcontact.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                          got my letter in the mail today. i was hoping the interview would be in chicago, god im so naive.
                          Just so you know, if you make it past the orals, you will be headed back down to Springfield for a 1-day orientation. ***Fair warning*** Just because you make it past orals and are invited to orientation, DOES NOT MEAN you will be hired and invited to begin the academy on Day 1. We had 10-12 that were not invited to the first day and most of them were placed in the alternate pool.

Comment

• was there a reason for this 10-12 to be alternates? did they make a fool of themselves at the orientation? budgets?

Comment

• There are only so many slots funded for each class. Just because you pass everything doesn't mean getting hired. Hopefully there will be more who pass everything than there are slots. If a class size is set at 60 then hopefully at least 70 will have passed and be on the list. Not all of those 70 will ever get hired.
                              183 FBINA

Comment

• The good and/or bad news (depending on your perspective) is we used every alternate for our class, so if you made it past orientation without a major issue coming up (unreported injury etc), you were given a shot by the beginning of the second week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3685 users online. 251 members and 3434 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X