Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously? You have gotten 3 or 4 PM's from me. Scroll back through this thread if you dont remember.

Comment

• I was told that all BI information was required to be turned in to Springfield by this past Friday. Does anyone have any idea approximately how long it will be before we start hearing about advancement to formal interviews for July 11 and 12? Thanks.

Comment

• Most BIs aren't due in until this coming week, the rest the following week. Some are completed and in already. They'll all be reviewed to make sure all leads have been covered. I'll be doing that this week. Then they'll all be sent to the Merit Board who will review them. Could take the MB 2-3 weeks to get thru them all and then get notices out.
        183 FBINA

Comment

• Thank you so much for the information.

Comment

• Since the HB 196 was passed by the Senate and House, anyone see the ISP/MB getting another class in the near future? Also, if someone is on the eligibility list and has not received notification for a BI, would it not be feasible for the MB to extend the eligibility timeframe for those individuals on the list (which would expire in June) for a class in the near future, instead of retesting again and going through that process (spending $$ for testing, time for the dept., etc)? Thinking logically and not like a lawmaker.

Comment

• It does make sense to have another class before they test again since the merit board said there's enough in the pool for another class. There's a couple of factors that fit into the equation though, if you think about it...because the number of people in the pool tested more than a year ago, the number of people no longer interested has increased and will continue to increase until another process of BI's begin. If that number has depleted significantly before the next round of BI's start, then they have to test again. Otherwise, there will be a very low number of candidates going through BI's and even less who make it into the Academy.

As far as HB196 goes, there has to be enough time to have the bill finalized, up n running, then enough time to build up enough money as funds are placed into the Merit Board funding on a monthly basis. THEN that's when things will start to pick up. They may plan on a large class for CC121 and may just hold off until funds are secured, test again, then have a larger class. Of course this is speculation.

Comment

• Que_Dog...Thanks for the reply. I'm just concerned and more anxious to get the opportunity. Being on the list still waiting is not a great feeling, but I know that I am not the only one and I am sure you can relate to that. The thought of re-testing again is not pleasing, but I want this bad enough. Will continue to prep and hopefully, one day I will be given the opportunity. Thanks Again.

Comment

• I have a few questions about D15 Tollway. If you have recently graduated the academy or are currently working D15 could you PM me if you are willing to answer a few questions. Thanks for your time....

BURNIE

Comment

• My BI started...for my internship lol. I'm actually surprised they have time to do an intern BI at the same time as all of you guys and gals. Best of luck and I'm looking forward to working with District 2!

Comment

• Hey everyone, I am working for Cook County DOC as a sworn Officer, and I am interested in ISP. I won't have my three years till May 10 2013 and I will be done with my B.S about 6 months later. How long is the process from merit board application till test? How long can someone sit till they get hired after taking the test? I am just trying to plan for the future. I am on the Cook County Sheriffs Police list, but politics run everything.....

Comment

• we tested july last year. a month ago they started backgrounds for the top 50%.

Comment

• Glawk any idea when you guys are testing again?? Thanks

Comment

• Okay thank you and good luck with everything.

Comment

• http://www.illinoistrooper.com/appcontact.php

Comment

• Usually, from the time the app opens up until the actual day of the test is about 60-90days. The Merit Board said that this time around, they won't test until the process for CC121 begins. That can change though...as everything can. The current list is a little more than a year old and by the time the process for CC121 begins, those in the pool may wait at the least, a total of 15-16 months before backgrounds begin for 121. Now that the HB196 has passed, things will pick up again within the next year or so, and have larger class sizes. Maybe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4883 users online. 297 members and 4586 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X