Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont think its in the budget for tasers. when i was in the academy, there were motorcycle troops qualifying at the range and decided to watch my get tasered when i finished my taser course. at first they were all gung ho about them, after watching me go down, they all agreed they wanted nothing to do with them. then again i did get shot in the back with a single dart then fisnihed off with a drive stun in the back of my thigh... sucks to be me... anyways i overheard them say that the budget was the reason at the time.
    Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

• the troopers were told they could have a taser but they needed to buy the $1000 version with the camera built in, with their own money. needless to say none of them want to drop a grand on a taser.
      Last edited by Glawk; 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
        I have a question that I didn't get to ask you guys: How come ISP does not issue tasers at all?
        Liability.

Comment

• I never noticed that they didn't have Tasers, and I see them on a regular basis.ISP, if anyone should have them, as their back ups and assist cars are spread out. 5 or 10 minutes jamming with some mutt seems like hours when waiting for that assist. If anyone, they could really use the advantage of having them.

BTW, good job, ISP at the "party" downtown, I know our guys appreciated it..I should say that I'm sorry I couldn't attend, but in reality, I'm not....

Comment

• I agree completely. I happen to be lucky enough to have ISP backup, as well as many of the local suburbs within 5-10 minutes of me. The majority of the rest of the state isn't so lucky. They could be waiting a lot longer than 5-10 minutes for the nearest backup to arrive.

There was a personal purchase debate for us, however that was tabled and never really got off the ground. If they make it a personal purchase item, I would be more than happy to buy my own. I've seen a few local departments voice the word "taser" or put the little red dot in the center of someone's chest and some of the biggest, baddest guys have immediately complied. I'd rather not fight someone on the right shoulder of 294 with rush hour traffic blazing past me. Any tool that can help that, I'm all for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
              I agree completely. I happen to be lucky enough to have ISP backup, as well as many of the local suburbs within 5-10 minutes of me. The majority of the rest of the state isn't so lucky. They could be waiting a lot longer than 5-10 minutes for the nearest backup to arrive.

There was a personal purchase debate for us, however that was tabled and never really got off the ground. If they make it a personal purchase item, I would be more than happy to buy my own. I've seen a few local departments voice the word "taser" or put the little red dot in the center of someone's chest and some of the biggest, baddest guys have immediately complied. I'd rather not fight someone on the right shoulder of 294 with rush hour traffic blazing past me. Any tool that can help that, I'm all for.
              I talked with a Trooper who worked in one of the southern districts (which one I cannot remember), who said there are some evenings where three Troopers are covering 1000 square miles. If there was ever a case for a taser, that would be it.

On the other hand, I did meet a few guys this weekend who would be twice as intimidating as that little red dot. Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasiuplguy View Post
                How did your interview go 41?
                It went well. We sat at the kitchen table and he went over my application and asked me a few questions, real basic things. He explained to me what his job is as far as the background goes. I was expecting him to want to take a look around the house, or at least my bedroom, but to my surprise he did not mention anything about that. Since then he has screened the neighborhoods (past and present) and called my personal references.

Comment

• when i had Indiana state police came to my house they went onto my computer and looked at my facebook and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                    when i had Indiana state police came to my house they went onto my computer and looked at my facebook and stuff
                    Don't worry, it/they (facebook/myspace/twitter etc) have already been checked. If/when you get to the academy you will learn all about it.

For all of you, I would strongly suggest either getting rid of your facebook page, or limiting it to your family only. Anything that is posted on there can be considered reflecting poorly upon the department and you will be toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
                      I talked with a Trooper who worked in one of the southern districts (which one I cannot remember), who said there are some evenings where three Troopers are covering 1000 square miles. If there was ever a case for a taser, that would be it.

On the other hand, I did meet a few guys this weekend who would be twice as intimidating as that little red dot. Yikes.
                      This is very frequent in the central/southern districts. Many week nights there are 2 or 3 on covering 10 counties. There are arguements both ways for tasers. Personally I think the bad guys are better off having a taser deployed on them then taking a couple swings of the night stick or a 45 hollow point. District 21 had a case where a taser could have stopped an OIS.

Comment

• Go over to ispeeved and read the first post called "Start Burning up them Phones Now" Dated Thursday, May 24, 2012. This might be good for those of us who did not get the call. Maybe not immediately but in the future.
                        Last edited by burwill; 05-25-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• FYI....
                          The bill DID actually pass the Senate vote this morning. They're hoping for a house vote today and a signature by Gov. Quinn...
                          Great Luck to all!

Comment

• Good Afternoon All,

Does anybody happen to know what the salary/benefit changes have been for new hires? I.E. longevity pay, pension, time off, healthcare, etc. I have heard rumors a lot has changed for the Troopers that have been hired recently and moving forward. I quickly searched the thread but could not locate any specific info and the Merit Board website is vague. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Has anyone else received a letter but yet to get a phone call from a background investigator? Take care.

Comment

• Whats up fellas. Just got my fbi background sheet. Im going through the background process and i want to be as accurate as i possibly can. Last contact i had with the police was early an mid nineties while in the marines. I know i didnt do any time. But want to know how would i know if i had a fine or if the case was dropped or just had probation.

Only information i have is the date, agency and charge counts but it doesnt show guilty, innocent. Fine or probation. Dropped, etc.

Any help will be appreciated. Or PM me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4265 users online. 293 members and 3972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X