Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is a long stretch, but when do you guys expect the State Police to take applications again?

Comment

• Hey Park
      A good indicator of when the app. process will open up is when you see others on this blog posting info about their BI's have started. That's how it's been the past few years. If you check the Merit Board website when you here about background news for CC120 there should be an announcement soon after regarding the applications opening up. Great Luck to you and the rest of us on here!

Comment

• dmwn
        You've been a member of this forum as long as I have and as always you have done nothing less than give positive, encouraging info! We need people like you on here to keep this thread alive. Pure CLASSINESS and PROFESSIONALISM! Thanks bigguy
        Last edited by Que_Dog7; 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone else listen to Gov. Quinn's budget address? I just want to make sure I heard him correctly before I post any information. Thanks

Comment

• I heard some interesting news burwill. I didn't hear his speech but I was informed some possible great news for CC120 & 121.

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
              I heard some interesting news burwill. I didn't hear his speech but I was informed some possible great news for CC120 & 121.
              Great! He said in his speech with "Facility consolidations include 24 DHS offices and 13 Illinois State Police telecommunications centers". This could help fund two cadet classes. I believe this is the correct part of the speech. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am reading over the Efficiencies Fact Sheet – FY2013 Budget now just to make sure I understood what he was saying in his speech.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to give it a once over.

http://www2.illinois.gov/budget/Docu...3%20Budget.pdf

Thanks QueDog7
              Last edited by burwill; 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Yeah
                I heard the exact same thing. 2 cadet classes being funded! I truly hope so and we know the Troops out there need the help! I'm soooo ready to get this process outta limbo!

Comment

• "The $1.2 million in cost reductions will be allocated toward two new FY13 cadet classes for ISP." found on bottom of page 9 of the Budget Plan. Keep in mind, it is not in etched in stone but is the first time in at least two years I have read this in the plan.

Comment

• Do think they will fill both classes with the current pool or they will test again for the second class??

Comment

• I selfishly hope they don't test until the end of this year. Won't have my bachelors degree until December

Comment

• They will have to test again because after BI's are done for CC120 there won't be enough candidates left in the elig. pool. Last Cadet Class there were 175 candidates who went through BI's out of 300 who were in the pool. That info is stated in the Merit Board's minutes from their April 2011 meeting. It's on their website. This pool for CC120 had 311 as of June 2011 but I'm quite sure that a few have left the pool from either getting hired elsewhere or are just plain old not interested any longer. So as a guess there may be less than 300 in the pool after a 9 month wait. That just increases our chances a tad bit but still got so very far to go! Haha

Comment

• For those of you that don't know, the State of Illinois' Fiscal Year begins July 1, so that would be the earliest a new class would begin if what Quinn stated today comes to fruition. Having said that, I would guess BI's would start during the new fiscal year and then the class or classes would begin.

Comment

• Well I finally heard a rumor about some BIs starting. It is believed to be in the initial stages. Hope it is true and not just rumor. I'll update if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalMP View Post
                              Well I finally heard a rumor about some BIs starting. It is believed to be in the initial stages. Hope it is true and not just rumor. I'll update if possible.
                              Pay no attention to the rumors. I was at the Background Unit today. They've heard nothing.
                              183 FBINA

Comment

• Just goes to show even when I'm in the belly of the beast (Academyland) there are plenty of rumors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5579 users online. 336 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X