Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info Que Dog. I hate waiting but I have been doing it since June 6th of last year. A few more months or however long it takes will not make much of a difference. The current troopers are going to start getting overworked if they havent all ready with the retirements that have happened or the ones that are going to happen in 2012.. Stay Ready everyone for CC120

Comment

• Well,
      Gov. Quinn has made it official and waived the college educational requirements for military vets who were honorably discharged from the military with an Afghan or Iraqi campaign medal. I feel they rightfully deserve it to the utmost. I know personally as a citizen of the U.S. that I appreciate these young men and women who not only joined the military at such a very young age but put their lives on the line to represent and protect the American Dream that we as citizens have the priviledge of living our lives to the fullest and being able to do such things as pursue a career in LE! Godspeed....

From the ISP Merit Board website:
      NOTICE:
      A law went into effect December 19, 2011 regarding education requirements for Illinois State Police trooper applicants. This new law states, "All persons who have been HONORABLY DISCHARGED and who have been awarded an AFGHAN or IRAQI CAMPAIGN MEDAL by the military" do not need to meet the college education requirement.
      The application process is not open at this time. When the application process opens up again, this new law will provide such military personnel who have been honorably discharged, without college education, the opportunity to apply.
      Pre-Employment Requirements| 02/06/2012 |

Comment

• How much longer does Class 119 have?

Comment

• Graduation ceremony is Friday Feb10 at 11:30am. Congratulations to all my buddies who made it! See you all at the ceremony. Proud of you all!!!! Godspeed.

Comment

• Verrrrrryyyy Inspirational!!!

Extremely motivating!!! Just witnessed CC119 being sworn in! Fabulous ceremony. Truly awesome!!!
            Congrats to all 63 Troopers of CC119 including Martin123, Wannabe50h, 2814AD and Glock_Ya! Great job all. Now make some room at the Academy for CC120 :-D

Comment

• Congrats everyone... Hopefully they get some more troops in d-chicago. I'm pretty sure theres only a single trooper on I94 from I90 until Lake Cook Rd. For those those that just graduated, is Trooper Clark still the PT Instructor? Also those working already, haven't been able to ask anyone yet, but when your dealing with the speeders over 86mph, I heard you guys print and process them on scene? sounds like a rumor to me but if its true... beats me taking trips on and off the interstate all night.
              Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

• I spoke with Trooper Clark about running strategies for abt 10mins. He's still the instructor. Theres 13 going to D-Chgo,5 to D-1, 5 to D-2, 3 to D-5, 1 to D-6, 3 to D-7, 2 to D-8, 3 to D-10, 18 to D-15, 7 to D-16, 2 to D-20 and 1 to D-22.

Comment

• Congrats CC119!

Comment

• Congrats CC119. Thanks for making this week a rather funny one! Marching through the hall by a line of cadets saying my name made it hard to not laugh. Good thing Sevi wasn't watching :x

7 weeks left for recruit class 480-23!

Comment

• Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
                      Congrats everyone... Hopefully they get some more troops in d-chicago. I'm pretty sure theres only a single trooper on I94 from I90 until Lake Cook Rd. For those those that just graduated, is Trooper Clark still the PT Instructor? Also those working already, haven't been able to ask anyone yet, but when your dealing with the speeders over 86mph, I heard you guys print and process them on scene? sounds like a rumor to me but if its true... beats me taking trips on and off the interstate all night.
                      That stretch of 294 is patrol 311, and yes it is covered by one trooper. That is approximately a 10 mile stretch and in all honesty, one of our shorter patrols. Except when there is snow, the 311 patrol is not a crazy patrol.

Onto your second point. We do not print 86 mph speeders, we write them, bond them and send them away just like any other stop. Unless it is your commands wish, I would never print those. In fact I would probably begin amending all tickets to 85 mph in a 55 mph zone if I had to print everyone 31 mph and over. That is an immense waste of time.

Comment

• Congrats to all of CC119! Don't show up day 1 drunk please. We need all 18 of you who are coming to D15.

Comment

• On a side note,
                          I spoke with Linda Sczurko of the Merit Board. A VERY nice lady who has been around for YEARS! Matter of fact, she has been around so long on the Merit Board that she has assisted with processing anyone who has either tested with or made it into the ever so coveted ISP Fraternity within the past 26 years. She is retiring in May so if you know her or are close to her you may want to reach out to her and congratulate her on a VERY well done career!!!! God Bless ya Linda! MUCH LUV

Comment

• Trooper injured in crash that kills man in his back seat

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4687672.story

By Peter Nickeas Tribune reporter

4:09 a.m. CST, February 11, 2012

A man keeping warm in the back of an Illinois State Police squad car was killed Saturday morning when another car rear ended it, also injuring the state trooper.

The man, 42, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital and pronounced dead, State Police Master Sgt. Bart Lamb said. His family hasn’t been notified of the death.

His car was disabled in an accident before 1 a.m. and partially blocking the left lane of eastbound traffic on Interstate 290 near Mill Road in Addison, Lamb said.

The trooper, in his 20s, was using his car and lights to block that lane when another car rear ended the squad car about 1:20 a.m. The two were waiting for a tow truck.

It’s not clear what caused the first accident because the investigating trooper was injured.

He suffered a concussion and was taken to Loyola Hospital, Lamb said.

The 32-year-old man driving the second car was taken to Alexian Brothers Medical Center.

The extent of his injuries wasn’t immediately available, Lamb said.

He hasn’t been charged or cited with any crimes but the crash is still under investigation, Lamb said.

Check back for more information.

[email protected]

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune
                            chi-illinois-state-police-car-hit-at-scene-of-accident-20120210

Comment

• Speedy recovery to the trooper , sad about the civilian just trying to keep warm for the tow truck I hope the person who hit the trooper is charged accordingly if anything they violated Scott's law that time of night, rear ending a squad with all light on probably was under the influence of something

Comment

• Rode with most of the Trooper's shown in that video during my internship last year. Hits pretty close to home...reminds you that anything can happen at anytime. Stay safe out there everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4707 users online. 322 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X