Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new news?

Comment

• A HUGE congrats to all the Troopers who were promoted yesterday! GODSPEED!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjose3712 View Post
        ILTRP and ISPCAPT, thanks for the response. Its understandable now!!! Like always there is always dat someone who will fu.k it up for other ones. Its common sense if you ask me, no matter where you want to go or transfer............U HAVE TO PAY UR DUES...............I don't know of any law enforcement agency who JUST gives out badges and if there is, someone Pet me know........U WILL PAY UR DO'S.............I could just imagine the attitiude in a fast track program compelled with L.E. Officer's...........COCKINESS.........This is absolutely not the way to do things, especially acting like one. Look's like 6mths will be the fixed goal.
        A piece of advice: if you want to be taken seriously don't write like a high school girl texting her bff.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
          A piece of advice: if you want to be taken seriously don't write like a high school girl texting her bff.
          quote of the day lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
            I'll second that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
              I'll second that.
              OMG! I CU guyz r h8n on d00d. U C h8n ain't d way 2 liv. LOL! TTFN! C U l8rz!

Comment

• Yep, yep, yep. Well anyway...back to business...My Spidey senses are tingling as we near the year's end. Many more retirements means at some point CC120 will BURST into full steam ahead. My fellow eligibility poolmates, once again just because it's been about six months since our recruitment testing with a lot of downtime in between doesn't mean things won't popoff at the blink of an eye and go full steam ahead. Some of us have remained focused and continue to workout as if the Academy starts tomorrow. Others kinda figured that you will have time to play catch up and that is not the game to play with the ISP program if you are serious...from what I'm told over n over again. Start working out now because there's still time and you just may be that person who makes it into the Academy but you're physically unprepared. Should God so allow me the opportunity of a blessing into CC120, being physically prepared won't be something that I will be worried about. God Bless you all and Great Luck. Happy Holidays!!!!

Comment

• http://www.examiner.com/wounded-warr...state-troopers

Comment

• I assume this will apply to all future ISP testing processes, and will not affect the current pool?

Comment

• Mjaga
                      The current 300+/- people in the pool are more than enough for CC120. All of our testing and educational background verifications are confirmed and ready for processing whenever that may begin. I don't think they would hold up with starting CC120 so that more can be added to a pool which is already full of a lot of candidates...and includes some military vets, but in a day and age of constant change, anything is possible. I'm quite certain Gov. Quinn hasn't forgotten about CC120 and knows at some point that class must begin. Although the length of time may feel like he's forgotten, we still have not waited as long as the last couple to few classes have waited to begin. CC118 took 9 months. CC119 took 15 months for some who tested in May 2010 and 19 months for those who tested in Jan 2010...but CC119's pool was combined from 2 testing classes because the pool was diminshed somewhat from processing those who went into CC118. Know how I know? Because Unfortunately I was there and had to watch both classes go through processing without me.
                      :-(
                      I refused to let that happen again. THAT'S why I'm working my butt off to stay in shape. Been on that other side of the fence long enough! Not gonna play games, take vacations or shortcuts. I owe it to myself to continue working out daily as if I got the call for CC120 and not get caught off guard.

Comment

• I don't see why they would do anything to change the current pool, but as you said, who knows. Thank you always for your input....I know most of us appreciate the info you provide! If you excuse me, I have a shift to finish before making my way to the gym

Comment

• Good for them. The Veterans coming back from Afganistan and Iraq deserve every bit of having that requirement waived. Thanks Vets for all you have done!
                          "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

• For all the people waiting on CC120, be patient and your time will come. Continue to stay in shape, and prepare as if the academy were to start tomorrow. I know several people who have waited years for this opportunity, and are finally getting their shot. Stay focused, stay positive, and stay safe!
                            Merry Christmas!
                            Last edited by GlockNSig; 12-23-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Hey fellow candidates, hope all is well and everyone is staying in fighting trim. Haven't heard anything yet, but my faith is strong that one of these days a call will be recieved and notice given to report to CC120. Stay blessed and keep this forum going.

Comment

• Well let's see....
                                There was a significant number of retirees from ISP in 2011. I don't know the exact number but there was a large number eligible from the large number of Troopers who graduated in 1985 & 86. CC119 graduates on Feb10...with 63 Cadets. With the number of Troops retiring compared to the number of Cadets graduating, it's hard to keep up and the numbers keep dropping. This is information(projected retirement numbers) than can Googled. There's something like 1,100 eligible to retire over a 5 year timeframe.

So with that bit of info, just know with CC119 out of the way, CC120 will be discussed at some point in time. I don't think things are being discussed now. Just realize that us candidates on the outside looking in are not the only ones who want CC120 to begin. ISP and the Merit Board are pushing hard for 120 to start. It's just a $$$ issue. Unless good ole Gov. Quinn is able to scrape up some cash from somewhere, talks will be in limbo...if they even make it into the limbo stage. Again, this cycle has happened over n over. Being told there's nooooo money and that there will be no classes in the near future. Then BAM!!!! BI's, Orals, Medicals, Orientation, then it's another waiting period....Then all of a sudden $$$ comes out of nowhere, a Cadet Class begins and catches a few candidates off guard because they stopped working out during the waiting game. They get tested the second day at the Academy and then sent home by the end of the 1st week because they failed to stay in shape. I've heard it happening in each class that goes into session. I've said it once and will say it again....DO NOT BE THAT GUY AND GET CAUGHT OFF GUARD!!!! There are waaaaay enough Troopers on this blog who have preached this over n over because they've actually seen it themselves. I've only heard about it and that's enough for me to believe it. If you REALLY want to become an ISP TROOPER, after you apply and get into the pool, there's no such thing as having a LAZY DAY! Better get used to and if possible try running n working out at 5:30/6am because that will help you BEGIN to get adjusted to the lifestyle of a Cadet. You can't roll over in your bed in the Academy and say, Naw I'm too tired or I'm too sick to run or workout today. You'll be back the crib before ya know it! God Bless and hope those of us on here make it!
                                Last edited by Que_Dog7; 01-12-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5375 users online. 327 members and 5048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X