300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjose3712 View Post
    "The last Fast Track class went thru almost 10 yrs ago. The program didn't work out so well. No plans at this time to run any more."

If you don't mind me asking, why did the Fast Track Program that went thru almost 10 yrs ago didn't work out so well?
    From what I understand, it was difficult to get all of the required training squeezed into a shorter class and getting fast tracked troopers to adopt the ISP way of doing things (vs doing it the way they did at their old department).

Comment

• Originally posted by ILTPR View Post
      From what I understand, it was difficult to get all of the required training squeezed into a shorter class and getting fast tracked troopers to adopt the ISP way of doing things (vs doing it the way they did at their old department).
      That's kind of the long and short of it.
      First was trying to get enough people for a Fast Track class. They had to have 3 consecutive yrs as a full time LE and pass the Fast Track tests to get into the class. The test was the same test the cadets in the full term class had to pass. Quite a few couldn't pass the tests. Quite a few who couldn't pass the tests were offerred the full term academy but turned it down because they didn't want to spend the extra 12 or whatever weeks. Attitudes really showed.
      Another issue was the Fast Track class was to run at the same time a full term class would run. That way if a Fast Tracker wasn't hacking it they would be sent to the full term class. Trying to schedule courses and instructors for both classes running at the same time but different courses being taught at the same time was a real logistical problem.
      Another problem was as ILTPR idenfied was basically attitude.
      So what really killed Fast Track were 2 things - it was a PITA to run logistically and attitudes/performance by many in the classes. They killed it themselves.
      183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
        That's kind of the long and short of it.
        First was trying to get enough people for a Fast Track class. They had to have 3 consecutive yrs as a full time LE and pass the Fast Track tests to get into the class. The test was the same test the cadets in the full term class had to pass. Quite a few couldn't pass the tests. Quite a few who couldn't pass the tests were offerred the full term academy but turned it down because they didn't want to spend the extra 12 or whatever weeks. Attitudes really showed.
        Another issue was the Fast Track class was to run at the same time a full term class would run. That way if a Fast Tracker wasn't hacking it they would be sent to the full term class. Trying to schedule courses and instructors for both classes running at the same time but different courses being taught at the same time was a real logistical problem.
        Another problem was as ILTPR idenfied was basically attitude.
        So what really killed Fast Track were 2 things - it was a PITA to run logistically and attitudes/performance by many in the classes. They killed it themselves.
        ILTRP and ISPCAPT, thanks for the response. Its understandable now!!! Like always there is always dat someone who will fu.k it up for other ones. Its common sense if you ask me, no matter where you want to go or transfer............U HAVE TO PAY UR DUES...............I don't know of any law enforcement agency who JUST gives out badges and if there is, someone PLEASE let me know........U WILL PAY UR DO'S.............I could just imagine the attitiude in a fast track program compelled with L.E. Officer's...........COCKINESS.........This is absolutely not the way to do things, especially acting like one. Look's like 6mths will be the fixed goal.

Comment

• Tattoos

Are there any restrictions on tattoos below the elbow? I know some departments have issues if the show in uniform.

Comment

• Class 120.

Does anyone happen to know approximately when they are planning on having class 120 begin? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsanchez1984 View Post
              Does anyone happen to know approximately when they are planning on having class 120 begin? Thanks.
              No. CC119 didnt have a firm start date until approx 1 month before it began. Same with CC118. There will be tentative dates floated out there once backgrounds and interviews in Springfield are completed. Until those start, and there will be plenty of talk on here about backgrounds beginning, nothing is planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                No. CC119 didnt have a firm start date until approx 1 month before it began. Same with CC118. There will be tentative dates floated out there once backgrounds and interviews in Springfield are completed. Until those start, and there will be plenty of talk on here about backgrounds beginning, nothing is planned.
                I greatly appreciate the response pal. Take care.

Comment

• November 9, 2011....

....Marks the halfway point for CC119!!!
                  keeeeeep on grinding away Cadets, for the end is coming as time is flying by!!!!
                  Proud of my buddies & friends who are blazing the trail for CC120!!!! Feb10 will be here before you know it. The year's just about done and time will speed up during this holiday season. Great luck to ya all, stay safe, finish strong and hurry up n get outta the way for CC120! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
                    ....Marks the halfway point for CC119!!!
                    keeeeeep on grinding away Cadets, for the end is coming as time is flying by!!!!
                    Proud of my buddies & friends who are blazing the trail for CC120!!!! Feb10 will be here before you know it. The year's just about done and time will speed up during this holiday season. Great luck to ya all, stay safe, finish strong and hurry up n get outta the way for CC120! Haha

Trust me, We're ready to be done and out of your way.....But actually, half way is not until next week!!!! We are ready for Feb 10! Nov 16 will start the downward roll....

Has anyone heard about backgrounds for CC120 starting?!?! There was rumors floating around this week that backgrounds had started, but I dont know if it truth or just rumors.....

Comment

• I cant wait for Feb 10, or more accurately, mid June when you guys are off FTO. The 18 guys who are coming to D15 are needed, especially for my seniority purposes!

Comment

• I have several buddies who I tested with and we are located in various regions across the state. None of us have heard anything nor received any calls about BI's starting. Will definitely keep ya posted when they do if I am so blessed to be one of the chosen out of the pool.

Comment

• Cc 120

I heard it again this week.....Backgrounds have started for CC120. Tentative start date is April 2012.... Good Luck to all those who get calls. Please keep us posted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glock_Ya View Post
                            I heard it again this week.....Backgrounds have started for CC120. Tentative start date is April 2012.... Good Luck to all those who get calls. Please keep us posted!
                            Sorry, just a rumor. There was no funding found to start a class at all next year. Everyone is trying to allocate funds or make cuts for another class to get set-up. Absolutely no truth for BIs starting because the state isn't going to waste funds for something that isn't going to happen in the fore seeable future. Doesn't mean that it won't happen but right now it isn't happening. Sorry for the bad news but no since in getting excited if nothing is going to happen.

Comment

• MetalMP is correct. No way would backgrounds be starting in November for an April class. If there was an April class then backgrounds would start in about February.
                              At this point there is nothing about an April class starting. There is nothing in the budget for any more classes in FY 12.
                              Someone needs to quit listening to rumors and get back to worrying about finishing the Academy.
                              183 FBINA

Comment

• Ouch...

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up! Heard the info from a couple sources and one of the guys said a friend of his was contacted for BI's. Thought the info may be credible and wanted to keep hopes alive...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3137 users online. 206 members and 2931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X