300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mjaga View Post
    I'm hoping the test doesn't occur until after May 14, as this is the date I graduate with my Bachelor's. I'm currently completing an internship with them, so this is very exciting news.
    Last year they tested on the day I walked across the stage which was May 15. That really sucked for me because there was no way I could walk across the stage and making it to testing all in the same day. I will not miss the opportunity this time.

Comment

Ok. Sounds like theres several of us on here who will be testing in May/June. Lets all keep in touch because it will help in the long run should we all make it in...
      Roll call,
      Que_Dog7 is definitely testing! That makes one. LOL
      Who else?

Comment

The only way I won't be there is if I'm in the academy for another department. Since I don't see that happening, I'll see you all there.
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

Well looks like I misread the website. Attention to detail at its best. I guess six years of National Guard doesn't equal out to 3 years active.

Good luck guys!

Comment

I will be there!

Comment

Originally posted by dmwn View Post
              NOTICE:

APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE ISP TROOPER POSITION WILL OPEN MARCH 1, 2011.

AND

RECRUITMENT TESTING WILL BE HELD IN MAY OR JUNE at Triton College in River Grove, IL. Everyone submitting an acceptable application will be invited to the Recruitment Test. An exact date for testing has not been determined at this time. Only web-site accessible applications will be accepted. No paper/hard copy applications will be accepted.

PLEASE NOTE: The Merit Board recently voted to charge an application fee of $13.00 per application. At the time of application, if financial hardship can be proven, this fee may be waived.

ALSO…There is NO information available at this time regarding when the next Academy class with take place.
              Please check this web-site weekly for updates on the application process and recruitment testing.

| 01/24/2011 |
              Awesome news!
              "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                If you have uncorrected vision then it can be 20/40. If you have corrected vision then it needs to be 20/20.
                Ah you are correct, I misread that section. Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Good luck to everyone. The best thing any of you can do now to prepare is get in the best physical shape you can. Read the Merit Board and ISP website for the PT test. Do not run on treadmills. Hit the streets. Get working on upper body and flexibility. The PT test typically washes out 2/3 to 3/4 of the applicants. That doesn't make any sense because everyone can find the standards on the website. They're not a surprise.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

Hello ISPCAPT; I am in my mid 40's and for the past 1.50 years I have ran 6 miles 3 times a day. Within the last 2 mos, a marine buddy of mine took me through a vigorous workout. Pull ups, sit ups, planks and 3 other weight excercises in addition to running 3 miles that day for two hours! For two days I couldn't lift my arms!
                    But now I see running and strength conditioning is a must for me. Do you think a guy I mentioned would make it through the academy???

Comment

I have a few questions about the current ISP financial situation:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't ISP just close a few districts and law off troopers? If that is true; a few questions:

1.) If Troopers are laid off due to financial situations, does the current contract let them get hired back first before new Troopers?

2.) Is is a good idea to test for ISP given current financial situation the state of Illinois is in? We have a governor who solves problems by raising taxes and closing ISP districts...just doesn't feel too safe right now.

3.) The news read that ISP was contemplating closing district Chicago; is this still on the plate?

I will be taking the test, but I am a little apprehensive given the budget crisis and lack of leadership within the state government to bail us out the proper way. Thanks-

Comment

Originally posted by MOPE THOMPER View Post
                        I have a few questions about the current ISP financial situation:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't ISP just close a few districts and law off troopers? If that is true; a few questions:

1.) If Troopers are laid off due to financial situations, does the current contract let them get hired back first before new Troopers?

2.) Is is a good idea to test for ISP given current financial situation the state of Illinois is in? We have a governor who solves problems by raising taxes and closing ISP districts...just doesn't feel too safe right now.

3.) The news read that ISP was contemplating closing district Chicago; is this still on the plate?

I will be taking the test, but I am a little apprehensive given the budget crisis and lack of leadership within the state government to bail us out the proper way. Thanks-
                        There was talk of ISP districts being closed, but this never happened. To my knowledge, no Trooper's were laid off. I did not hear/read this anywhere.

It would be interesting to see District Chicago removed. I would assume they would disperse the workload over several other District's?
                        Last edited by Mjaga; 01-26-2011, 05:53 PM. Reason: Unconfirmed information.

Comment

CAPT correct me if Im wrong but there are no districts that have closed. No layoffs. ISP has enough $$ to meet payroll, its just that theres little money to pay for an academy which is very expensive but good ole ISP has other ways to fund an academy such as the gaming board to name one resource. Theres noooo way Im gonna pass up a chance of living a life long dream!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twhitt10 View Post
                            Do you think a guy I mentioned would make it through the academy???
                            People have the most difficulty passing the PT before they ever get to the academy. Once they're at the academy, since everyone has to pass the PT again the first day or be sent home, then the academy is mostly a mental game. If you can pass the PT to get in then it's a matter of keeping a positive mental attitude.
                            As far as how good of shape does a person need to be - the answer is as good of shape as you can possibly be. The better condition from the start is one less headache during the academy. A person cannot be in too good condition.

Originally posted by MOPE THOMPER View Post
                            Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't ISP just close a few districts and law off troopers?
                            No districts have been closed.
                            No Troopers have been laid off.
                            District Chicago is still there, fully operational, and will likely remain so for as long as there is an ISP.

Anyone laid off are hired back before any new hires.

I don't know of a PD or SO anywhere in the state that isn't having financial problems. Any agency at any time could decide to lay off people. One never knows what the future might hold.
                            As far as the ISP, there has only been 1 time when new Troops were laid off. That was 1 cadet class that graduated the end of June and the legislature had not passed a new budget so all were laid off for 1 day until the new budget passed. Those laid off were given an extra, paid day off for the day they missed.
                            183 FBINA

Comment

ISCAPT; Thanks for the info! Everyone appreciates good wisdom! And no one wants to fail!

Comment

Sorry to all! I run 6 miles , 3 times a week totaling 18 miles !!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3994 users online. 280 members and 3714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X