Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT standards, as in, the POWER test? Don't you need to pass that before even going to the academy?
    It's not exactly the same as the POWER test as the ISP test has a bit tighter requirements but yes talking about the PT test used during the testing. I've never understood how someone could fail the PT test at the academy. Everyone knows they have to pass the PT test the first week at the academy and they know exactly what's on the test since they've already passed it at least once. Even knowing that there will be people who show up the 1st day and haven't been staying in shape. Everyone takes the PT test on the first Monday. Those who fail do a retest on Thursday. Usually 1 or 2 still won't pass the 2nd try. Fail the 2nd time and they're out. CC119 had 1 fail the 2nd try.

Also, if a suburban department uses ISP, I know it isnt the entire 6 months, but do the suburb PD recruits go through the same things as the ISP recruit?
    Nope, not entirely. The ISP cadets get several courses local recruits do not get. In other courses the local recruits do not get it as indepth. If you're talking the PT the local recruits will get not quite the same level of intensity for the duration but they too have to pass the PT test the 1st week or they'll be gone too.
    183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus259
      Hey Capt, when you say "the standards are tighter". Are you referring to the standards that are posted on the ISP website? The 99% bench, 12:30 1.5, etc? Or do they have different standards when you get there?
      He is talking about the ones on the website. The POWER test that you guys have passed for local departments has slightly easier requirements than the ISP PFIT test.

Comment

• What ISPTPR22 said.
        Here is a link to the POWER test:
        http://www.ptb.state.il.us/pdf/POWER.pdf
        Here's a link to the ISP PFIT test:
        http://www.isp.state.il.us/employ/fitness.cfm
        183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus259
          Too many ISP names!!! ahhhhh!!! lol

OK, so I was right. I've seen the ISP Power test standards. I can see how they are tighter then normal, but still manageable. The normal Power test that suburbs and what not use are just downgraded a tad. I know ISP tests you on the Power tests randomly as well. Do the standards ever change, or is it the same test always? I remember someone saying to graduate, that the test was something like a 120% bench, 10 minute 1.5, etc. Though I haven't found that any where?
          You are taking little bits of something I posted a little while ago about passing the PFIT to get into the academy and the "expectations" of your PFIT performance while you are in the academy.

You can get in with the bare minimum requirements, 99% bench, 12:51 mile, 38 sit ups, 16.5 sit and reach.

Once you get to the academy however your PFIT coordinator's job is too get you to max out and test to your potential. The goal for CC118 was an 80% overall on the PFIT. That is where some of those numbers you quoted come from. Will you fail if you stay at 40%? No. Will you have the "opportunity" to do significantly more work to "encourage" you to do better? Yes. In case you cant read between the lines, by your third PFIT if you haven't made it up to the 80th percentile, expect to be doing extra PT, and from what I saw and heard, its not fun. (FYI, out of 40 cadets in CC118, i think 6-8 were not at the 80th percentile by week 18 or so)

Everything I wrote above assumes Tpr. Clark is the PFIT coordinator or someone of a like mind.

Comment

• 6 left the first week. 1 didnt show. 2 quit. 2 failed the pfit. and 1 got injured on the run and never finished the pfit. he either quit or was let go. 2 more failed to return on Sunday. We are down to 66. It has been a rough 2 weeks, but we are holding strong.

As far as the retirement...If you are not in the state retirement system or a reciprocal system you go into the new tier 2 system. you still need 26.8 years, but can not draw your pension until age 60. I also believe you can not draw anymore than 80% OF $106k at retirement.

Good luck to all those applying for CC120 and I hope they start it soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by dmwn View Post
              Thanks for the information Que Dog. You have done a great job keeing everyone informed and keeping this blog positive. Thanks for all of your help. I know "most" are gaining good positive information from you. Keep it up.
              Wowwwww!
              Thanks a million dmwn!
              Where in the heck and how in the heck have ya been buddy?!? I'm just looking over the old post and just realized it was actually you who gave me those kind words of encouragement!!!! It means ALOT to me! Sincerely. I know there have been and will continue to be naysayers(nowadays called haters)....who have and will continue to post negative comments and put out negative energy. It's sad, but that's what haters do and I have no clue what motivates them/him/her/it. In time, nature will take it's course and things will work out in the end as I truly believe that positivity brings about Good Karma! Take care bigguy, Thanks again and God Bless You!

Comment

• Did I see this correctly da Gov. is going to lay off some 1,000 state employees today. Wow, that news is very unsettling. Keeping positive attitude and perservering through.

Comment

• Did he say what department of the state that those employees are from???

Comment

• Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out now. It just said 1,000 state employees will recieve pink slips today.

Comment

• It wont be ISP. Already understaffed as it is with about another 250 Troops retiring at the end of 2011. Cuts will more than likely happen in other Depts. on the administration level.
                      Last edited by Que_Dog7; 09-06-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Ok, makes sense. What's goood team?

Comment

• Threats of layoffs and budget cuts are nothing new. If you go back through these pages of this thread you'll read about topic for the last couple to few classes.

Comment

• Aint nothin to it but to do it Bruh. On my way to the gym to run right as I type this reply. NIU had our Alumni pic-a-nic last Sunday. Many many of Bruhs hooked up. Fun Times!!!! Roo

Comment

• QuePsi,

Where did you hear that 1000 State Employees would be getting pink slips today?

Comment

• Originally posted by xnd1029 View Post
                                QuePsi,

Where did you hear that 1000 State Employees would be getting pink slips today?
                                http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...129290828.html

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7...eductions.html

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...nion-pat-quinn

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ois&id=8343204

None of those above articles say "lay off 1000" today, but there clearly is talk in the air.
                                Last edited by ISPTPR22; 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5548 users online. 296 members and 5252 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X