Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QuePsi View Post
    Tha Bruhs!
    Thanks a million Que Team!!!! I only try my best to keep the positivity and hope alive because we all are on here for the same reason....to become State Troopers! So with that notion I keep it all in perspective and will continue passing on whatever info I come across that I think or believe will be helpful. This is and will remain a CLASSY thread
    :-D

Comment

• Enjoy:

http://www.wics.com/newsroom/top_sto...vid_4454.shtml

Comment

• And that was only two minutes of it....good to see you made it back Martin.

Comment

• Glad Z decided to come back. Wish him the best of luck. I wonder if he got to stay under the old pension.

Comment

• Hey thanks Mueller, I'm under the old pension and my ID is still the same. Nice to hear from all of you guys, take care and stay safe. One more thing, four months after my three knee surgeries I qualified with a 10:17 mile and a half, but as you boys already know the goal is to get back into 8's. Stay Safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin123 View Post
              Hey thanks Mueller, I'm under the old pension and my ID is still the same. Nice to hear from all of you guys, take care and stay safe. One more thing, four months after my three knee surgeries I qualified with a 10:17 mile and a half, but as you boys already know the goal is to get back into 8's. Stay Safe
              I'm proud as hell of ya bigguy! Glad to say I know you!!! You are a perfect example of what the word Perseverance means! Watch how time will fly by and you'll be on the other side before you know it. Godspeed my brother from another mother. LOL. One week has already passed.

Comment

• Z isn't the only one to stay under the old pension! There were a handful of people eligible for it because you automatically get it if you were under SERS...... OR a reciprocal system.... prior to Jan of this year! Glad my foot was in the door, because I sure dont want to work until age 60!

Comment

• I wonder how they are all holding up! I heard 6 people already dropped out?

Comment

• Originally posted by nzayed89 View Post
                    I wonder how they are all holding up! I heard 6 people already dropped out?
                    That was just by Friday of the 1st week. I haven't talked to anyone this week to see how many showed up Sunday and how many left so far this week.
                    That's a pretty typical number to lose the first week. If 119 stays on average they'll lose another 10-15 by the end.
                    183 FBINA

Comment

• That is crazy that there could be that many more drop out by the end of this week.. Sounds like the ISP Academy will turn men into babies really quick..

Has anyone heard any talk about CC120.. I know its a long ways off but i am still patiently waiting along with the rest of the pool

Comment

• "I wonder how they are all holding up! I heard 6 people already dropped out?"..........Did 6 dropped out or did they get fired? Wonder how many are actually in the class as we speak. Wonder how many will make it? oes anyone know if th pension system changed at all? Is it still 80% for 26yrs and 8months, with the same age that is?

Comment

• Did 6 dropped out or did they get fired?
                          Both. Some quit, some were let go.

Wonder how many are actually in the class as we speak.
                          68 finished the first week.

Wonder how many will make it?
                          Normal loss is about 20% of those who start.

oes anyone know if th pension system changed at all? Is it still 80% for 26yrs and 8months, with the same age that is?
                          It changed but I don't know all the details. It's not as good as it was but a lot better than regular state employment.
                          183 FBINA

Comment

• Hey ISPCAPT, whats usually the most common thing people are let go for?

Comment

• Originally posted by nzayed89 View Post
                              Hey ISPCAPT, whats usually the most common thing people are let go for?
                              Failing PT standards is probably the most common the first week. That will usually get 1 or2. After that integrity issues, failing mandatory tests, can't pass qualification shoots, can't pass EVOC (emergency driving), screwing up on their days off. Occasionally someone will pull something new and original to get themselves fired.
                              183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                                Failing PT standards is probably the most common the first week. That will usually get 1 or2. After that integrity issues, failing mandatory tests, can't pass qualification shoots, can't pass EVOC (emergency driving), screwing up on their days off. Occasionally someone will pull something new and original to get themselves fired.
                                PT standards, as in, the POWER test? Don't you need to pass that before even going to the academy? Also, if a suburban department uses ISP, I know it isnt the entire 6 months, but do the suburb PD recruits go through the same things as the ISP recruits?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3526 users online. 178 members and 3348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X