Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what pace runs during PT are held? The information we got at orientation stated 3 miles in 30 minutes. That seems like the minimum requirement though. Thanks.

Comment

• SPRINGFIELD – Illinois State Police (ISP) Director Hiram Grau announced the start date of Cadet Class 119.*Seventy-four cadets will enroll in an extensive 25-week training program on August 21, 2011, and are expected to graduate in February 2012.

Comment

• Congrats to all my buddies geared to begin training for 119!!! Godspeed n God Bless you all. No need to wish you luck because I know in my heart you will make it! Now, get outta da way n make room for us geared for 120! LOL. My spidey senses are tingling and hoping something pops off for us in the near future. I heard they still would like to have two classes this year. Kind of a bit of a far stretch of hope but my Fingers n toes are crossed!!!!
        Last edited by Que_Dog7; 08-13-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3863567.story

Looks like all of Illinois now knows of the class

Comment

• if I have my paramedic liscense how can I use it as a trooper?
            Also does any one know if isp will help my get ce to keep my certification ?

Comment

• I'm sure it can do nothing less than help you having a paramedic license but from what I'm told ISP has their own way of training you in every aspect of becoming a Trooper. For example, if you're already a police officer and certified with firearms, you will be taught how to shoot all over again....the ISP way. So even though you're a paramedic, you will be trained in First Responder/CPR as ISP wants a Trooper to administer it. I guess it's because as you perform duties as a Trooper you are trained to do things the ISP way because if you perform outside of what you've been trained as a Trooper, there are liability risks if/when things go wrong. Here's a topic straight from the ISP Academy section of the website:

The cadet will learn to give immediate care to a person who has been injured or suddenly taken ill and become certified in First Responder and CPR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josjua1 View Post
                if I have my paramedic liscense how can I use it as a trooper?
                Also does any one know if isp will help my get ce to keep my certification ?
                Pretty much no. You'll find that in a class there will be RNs, LPNs, pilots, maybe an attorney, and others with professional licenses. Unless the license is required for the job where the person is assigned then you're on your own to keep up with the CE if you want to keep that license.
                183 FBINA

Comment

• Well,
                  I spoke with the Merit Board yesterday and inquired about CC120. To make a long story short....unless a magic wand is waved by good ole Gov. Quinn, grab a Snickers bar because we're not goin anywhere for a while. That's not too hard to believe being as that CC119 was on n off again....which is nothing new, but again, that could alllllll change with a split decision and a stroke of a pen from Quinn but as of now, today, at 9:10am....there's no way CC120 will even begin backgrounds this year.

Comment

• Just as an FYI, for those of you that dont know, the states budget runs July 1 to June 30, so if there isnt any money for this fiscal year, you may be waiting until July 1 of next year.

Comment

• That is not the news that I wanted to hear this morning? If it takes until the next fiscal year for us to get cc120 process started, will we have to retest and re-enter into the eligibilty pool or would we stay in it and they test new people and add those people into our already formed pool????

Thanks

Comment

• We will remain in the pool until the Merit Board prepares for another class. We have over 300 applicants currently in the pool. That's more than enough to hold another class. They won't test again until another class is scheduled. The Merit Board Director said he's shooting for early Spring.
                        Last edited by Que_Dog7; 08-17-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Hey Q, I was wondering if you were the guy at the testing that was showing alot of E when we were at the track. Took me some time to find ya.

Comment

• I wish I could find out how well or not so well I did on the exam. I would love to work for ISP, but don't wanna make a committment somewhere else and then ISP comes calling.

Comment

• It is a waiting game with ISP... I tested with them on Jan 23, 2010... I am now going to academy for them.... QuePsi, I would say take what you can right now... Lots of people out there and not a lot of job openings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd0306 View Post
                                It is a waiting game with ISP... I tested with them on Jan 23, 2010... I am now going to academy for them.... QuePsi, I would say take what you can right now... Lots of people out there and not a lot of job openings.
                                Amen Brother

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158280 users online. 133 members and 158147 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X