Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To cy19:

Comment

• Lol. Nice. I figure as much. Just wondering to what degree of pain lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by co0508 View Post
        Question: For hiring qualifications. Will ISP recognize my sworn time/ Peace Officer certification from Cook County Sheriff Dept? Or do I need to be police officer certified to qualify for the 3 years of LE experience? I don't have a degree but I do have the credit hours plus 6 years on the job with County. I'm hearing different things from different troopers. Some say yes, some say no.
        Here is the link to the merit boards website with the minimum requirements: http://illinoistrooper.com/requirements.html

If that doesn't answer your question, then I would suggest calling the merit board directly and ask them. They are the ones who will decide if you can test based on your qualifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by cy19 View Post
          Hey guys. I just registered and Im scheduled for 119. While I've been keeping up with my PT I am curious what kind of program we can expect from Trooper Clarke.
          Trooper Clark, will throw a little of everything at you. About 2 days a week you will run 3-5 miles. The other 2 days you'll do workout stations (inside and out) with pushups, abs, mountain climbers, up downs, pull ups, suicide sprints, etc. Basically anything you can think of he will throw it at you. There will also be crossing training mixed in as well. It will be 50 mins of strenuous exercise. Then every Friday, you will complete a timed mile and a half run. Should be fun!!!

Comment

• Thanks for the help. Im really not a good runner so I reckon I need to try to make it up to 6 miles before the class starts. Thanks again!

Comment

• i dont know how it is 4 the state but when i left cook county 4 cpd....i didnt ask about the pension bc it is a whole different WORLD......I strongly believe that it will not count because when i was in the academy 4 cpd....i had to re-take the state exam because i was not a LE certified official....its is different...i showed them my sate qualification from county and they called the state and it did not qualify...it had to say Law Enforcement.... keep in mind tho that if u get to isp and u take the state exam.....as far as i ,u never have to take the state exam again, even if u go to another dept within illinois that is.

Comment

• As i spoke to a trooper today on the beautiful west side of chicago, i had the pleasure of having a brief conversation about isp.... my main topic was about the pension.....isp has a great one,80% however the troooper further related that the class she/he was in was the last class to get 80% of the pension..Is that true? Has ISP lowered their pension at all? Is it still 80%?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjose3712 View Post
                  As i spoke to a trooper today on the beautiful west side of chicago, i had the pleasure of having a brief conversation about isp.... my main topic was about the pension.....isp has a great one,80% however the troooper further related that the class she/he was in was the last class to get 80% of the pension..Is that true? Has ISP lowered their pension at all? Is it still 80%?
                  It has changed, but Im not sure what the specifics are. It use to be if you worked 26.8 yrs and you received 80% of your salary. Now, the most you can get, I believe, is 80% of $106K max. So even if your salary the last day of work is over that, you can only get 80% of $106K. I think the minimum retirement age is now 55 yrs old with 30yrs of service or 60 yrs old with 25 yrs of service. I could be mistaken, but I believe this is fairly accurate. However, if you were previously in the state retirement system or a reciprocal system you are eligible for the old formula. Hope this helps...

Comment

• Thanks, for the info on the isp pension........Its is still better than CPD...we get 50% with 20yrs of service and 75% with 29yrs and a day of service at a P.O. rate max out of $83k.....Yes ur input did help and it somewhat fairly seems like it has not changed at all from what the merit board has on the website...Thnx again......As Always, #1 priority be safe and come home to your family.........

Comment

• To those of you on here who have been confirmed to start cc119, have they told you if you will choose your district prior to starting, or will you not find out where you're going until part way through the academy?

Comment

• I believe it won't be disclosed until Academy time from what I've been told by about 3 different people.

Comment

• When I got my call I had to state that I would take an assignment anywhere in the state. So I don't think we'll known until the academy starts or after.

Comment

• The last two or three classes knew before we walked in. I was told 119 wont know until sometime into the academy. The tollway (d15) is expected to get somewhere between 15-20 new troops and I would guess a majority of the rest will go to D-Chicago with a few sprinkled around the rest of the state. D2 and D5 didnt get any out of the last class, so I wouldnt be shocked if they both got a few as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puddy928 View Post
                              To those of you on here who have been confirmed to start cc119, have they told you if you will choose your district prior to starting, or will you not find out where you're going until part way through the academy?
                              I was told they are unsure of what districts will be open at this point. I was also told they were unsure of how many would be going to each open district. However, approximately 15 will be going to the tollway. I was advised CC119 wont pick their district of assignment until sometime around the half way point (week 12-13).

Comment

• Thanks for the responses about the districts... assuming they will have to clear/honor the transfer lists prior to the cadets getting their district assignments

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 201 members and 3702 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X