Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the FOID card that is something worth knowing and I am sure an ISP trooper would know. However, what happens if you are an out-of-state applicant? There is no way of acquiring an FOID card because you do not reside in the state of Illinois. It is not like you get in the academy and they are like "here's your gun". I am sure you will go through many classes first on handling a weapon, then play with the plastic, toy gun for a while, then hands on with an unloaded real weapon and lastly qualify with it. So, by the time you are done with the academy you have acquired your FOID card.

Comment

• Just got confirmation from a couple of my buddies. They just got their call!!!
      CC119 set for Aug21. Check in day!!! Great job n great luck to you all!!!
      Next up....Bkgrnds for CC120! When??? Who knows! LOLLLL

Comment

• yea dog!!!!

Comment

• Out of state people can't get FOID cards so they can't have one before they start the academy. The weapon and ammo are department issue and will not be transported from the academy by cadets until after they graduate. If you don't have a FOID, you will be provided the application while in the academy and they will rush yours through. Out of state people will also have to get an IL driver's license before the end of the academy. I don't know of anyone in the department that doesn't have a FOID but technically you don't need one while on duty.

Congrats to those of you who will be heading to the academy in a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Comment

• Big shout out to Glock_Ya for posting that info! And as he posted....you guys got your calls within a week of that posting! Now that's REAL TALK!!!!

Comment

• Let's hope this start date sticks, I need some seniority!

Comment

• My buddy/co-worker got a call today also! Good luck to everyone in the academy and stay safe out there!

Comment

• Glad to hear CC119 is starting soon....later than I had originally heard, but still great none the less. No Prob Que Dog, just wanted to pass on the good news and keep hope alive! As far as the FOID card question, I would still apply now. Although you are exempt from having one while "engaged in the performance of your duties" you must technically have one if you plan to possess a firearm or ammunition off hours, away from work (or academy), etc. It would be a great idea to apply now. Good luck to all starting CC119 and and hopefully CC120 and 121 will be close behind!

Comment

• so everyone going into cc119 what day / year (lol) did you put in your app/test?

Comment

• There were 2 dates that the candidates for 119 tested. Jan 23, 2010 and May 15, 2010. Dont hold me to this but from what I'm hearing the Merit board still wants to have 120 start before the year ends! They are working on it but don't be surprised if it's not until early next year. That's just how it goes but you better keeeeep working out!!!

Comment

• Does anyone know how many are going to the Academy?

Comment

• They are only taking 65 cadets for this class. Go to iltroopers41.org

Comment

• I think 65 is the number they are hoping to graduate. I heard they are hoping to start the class with 70-75 cadets.

Comment

• Hey guys. I just registered and Im scheduled for 119. While I've been keeping up with my PT I am curious what kind of program we can expect from Trooper Clarke.

Comment

• Question: For hiring qualifications. Will ISP recognize my sworn time/ Peace Officer certification from Cook County Sheriff Dept? Or do I need to be police officer certified to qualify for the 3 years of LE experience? I don't have a degree but I do have the credit hours plus 6 years on the job with County. I'm hearing different things from different troopers. Some say yes, some say no.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 93401 users online. 176 members and 93225 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X