300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
    They're not. It's one of the requirements for the job. There's always the remote possibility that if you aren't from the Chicagoland area that you could get a district south but don't hold your breath counting on it. It's a very remote chance. You'd have a better chance winning the lottery. Those on the job get first shot at any openings. New guys backfill.
    If you're not willing to move then don't bother applying.
    hi ispcapt,

the majority of graduating cadets will go to the chicago area as their first assignment?

Comment

Originally posted by ilcitycop View Post
      hi ispcapt,
      the majority of graduating cadets will go to the chicago area as their first assignment?
      Usually. Rarely other districts will pick up 1 or 2. Safe bet is D-Chicago, D-2, D-5, D-15 getting most if not all new Troops. With fewer classes and longer intervals between classes that's even more so. Troops in those districts have been waiting for a while to get their transfers. Troops in the districts get to transfer first to their preferences, then new Troops backfill where needed.
      183 FBINA

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

NOTICE:

APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE ISP TROOPER POSITION WILL OPEN MARCH 1, 2011.

AND

RECRUITMENT TESTING WILL BE HELD IN MAY OR JUNE at Triton College in River Grove, IL. Everyone submitting an acceptable application will be invited to the Recruitment Test. An exact date for testing has not been determined at this time. Only web-site accessible applications will be accepted. No paper/hard copy applications will be accepted.

PLEASE NOTE: The Merit Board recently voted to charge an application fee of $13.00 per application. At the time of application, if financial hardship can be proven, this fee may be waived.

ALSO…There is NO information available at this time regarding when the next Academy class with take place.
          Please check this web-site weekly for updates on the application process and recruitment testing.

| 01/24/2011 |

Comment

This notice is on the Illinois Merit board site. http://www.illinoistrooper.com/
            Last edited by dmwn; 01-24-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I truly hope the test is in May!!!!

Comment

Awesome news!!!
                "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

I should have my Associates by then. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedDrum5 View Post
                    I should have my Associates by then. Fingers crossed!
                    Need a Bachelors Degree

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                      He can have an Associates, as long as he is ex-military with at least three years of service. His profile says he has six years of service, so he can apply.
                      Ah interesting, did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                        He can have an Associates, as long as he is ex-military with at least three years of service. His profile says he has six years of service, so he can apply.

Yup. Except I can still be in right? I'm in Guard, so its not full time.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedDrum5 View Post
                          Yup. Except I can still be in right? I'm in Guard, so its not full time.
                          Straight off the Merit Board website:
                          http://www.illinoistrooper.com/requirements.html
                          An Associate of Arts Degree (or Associate of Science Degree or Associate of Applied Science Degree, ONLY if the degree is in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice) or equivalent course work* AND meet one of the following two job experience requirements: 3 consecutive years of continuous, full time service, as a police officer, with the same police agency OR three consecutive years of active military duty.
                          183 FBINA

Comment

I'm hoping the test doesn't occur until after May 14, as this is the date I graduate with my Bachelor's. I'm currently completing an internship with them, so this is very exciting news.

Comment

ISP has some strict vision reqs. 20/40 uncorrected or better.

Comment

Originally posted by park88 View Post
                                ISP has some strict vision reqs. 20/40 uncorrected or better.
                                If you have uncorrected vision then it can be 20/40. If you have corrected vision then it needs to be 20/20.
                                183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6417 users online. 365 members and 6052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X