300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluphi View Post
    Question for ISPCAPT: If we passed the test and got the email, does that mean we scored high enough to be considered for BI's? in other words If a 74% was passing thats just good enough to swim in the pool for 8 to 9 months and try again right? or does the email go to everyone who scored 89 percent or better?
    Each phase is an elimination process where the pool gets smaller with each phase. Eventually the process will slow until the governor and legislature agree upon starting a new class and the number that will be in the class. Then, as an example, they agree to hire 50 new Troops. The Merit Board will send to the Background Unit something in the neighborhood of 150 names. Those whose names were forwarded will be notified. Some will drop out due to having been hired elsewhere, no longer interested, they suddenly realize they really will have to move, or whatever reason. Of the 150 maybe 120 remain. BI will be conducted on the 120. Of those quite a few will have some serious issues with their background. If the pool gets down to 55-60 names then the BU may request more names to increase the number of those with favorable backgrounds. The completed background packages are then sent to the Merit Board and they will shuffle thru them into the "yea" and "nay" piles. Those in the "yea" pile are then invited to interview. Those in the "nay" pile are out of the running. During the interviews some will be dropped. Those who get the thumbs up then to for physicals. Hopefully by this point there will be 50 remaining. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't.
    The top 50 get invited to class. Some will decline and withdraw. If there are more than 50 in the pool then the next person on the list gets the call to show. After the class starts typically 1 or 2 will drop out within the first day or 2. By the end of the 1st week a couple more will drop out and possibly 1 or 2 more will fail the PT test. If the list still has someone eligible they may get the call to see if they want to show up on short notice. By the time the 2nd week starts whatever is in the class is what it is. If they had authorization to hire 50 but there's only 45 remaining then the class will continue with only the 45.
    On average by the time graduation comes the class has lost 20%-25%. So if a class starts with 50 most likely less than 40 will graduate.
    183 FBINA

Comment

• Thank you ISPCAPT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
        A word of caution to those of you in the process.
        I've seen people dropped from the process with just a hint they compromised the test and talked about it to others. There is no recourse and no appeal. I've seen it happen to people even after they get to the academy and their employment terminated.
        Don't kid yourself to think social internet sites and chat rooms aren't checked. We have computer people who do that checking.
        Don't get yourself knocked out of a job by talking too much. You can easily be replaced. There are people standing in line a mile long for this job and you're just a name on a list. Doesn't matter where you are in the process you can easily be dropped and someone else hired.
        Damn CAPT....You shut the whole blog down with that one ....lmao!!!
        Last edited by ISP4ME; 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Wowww....I can almost hear an echo on this thread...on this thread...thread...HELLOooo....lloooo...ooo?
          Hahaha...People, it really IS ok to still post on here and ask questions regarding the PROCESS...not regarding the exams...Dont be thkarred(scared) to continue posting on here. It's not illegal! :-P
          CAPT just wants to ensure that the integrity of this beloved process is kept intact. You won't get canned by asking general questions, it's when a person asks for answers to the exam, especially when they have yet to take it, ruins the fun of coming on this thread and seeking knowledge from CAPT and other Troopers. That's what this thread is for and is all about. I truly HOPE and believe that no one on this professional thread would actually ruin their chances of being hired by trying to cheat or be "slick" and gain an unfair advantage. I sure as heck won't assist ANYONE in that way no matter what. Nor will I ruin my chances after all I've done to work so hard to get into the ever so coveted and elusive eligibility pool. So keep asking, keep posting and especially keep this thread professional as it is set to a higher standard than other threads that I browse!

Great luck to all hopefuls going through medicals and orientation this week for CC119! I have a couple of buddies and one true blue friend who I KNOW will all make it to the other side! Go guys! You're my inspiration! Knowing ISP is a mission that can realistically be accomplished! Godspeed and God Bless! I hope to see all 3 of you on the other side sometime soon!!!!! GO ISP!!!

Comment

• I have heard that they may have CC120 in December or January but who knows and we wont until the BI's start but I was wanting to know if that is the case and they have a class towards the end of the year, when would the BI's start? After BI then what comes next, interviews then physicals?? What is the process?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi to all and good luck on the process.
              Does anyone know what are you allow to bring to the academy?

Comment

• as in the test? i havent received an email from them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josjua1 View Post
                  Hi to all and good luck on the process.
                  Are you in the process for CC119?

Comment

Are you talking about what to bring for the test or what to bring if you are selected for a cadet class?

Comment

If you are in the CC119 process, you'll find out at orientation. I think it's tomorrow. If you're not in that process and are not asking about the testing in Springfield, you will find out at orientation when you get that notification. As far as the Springfield test, if that's what you're asking about, you'll receive an email with all the details in a couple of days. We got our email a week before our June 4th test date.

Comment

• Does ISP usually hold a test once a year? Reason I am asking is because I see they have a Bachelor's degree requirement and I wont have my BS until Jan. of 2012.

Any info on 2012 testing?

Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by park88 View Post
                          Does ISP usually hold a test once a year? Reason I am asking is because I see they have a Bachelor's degree requirement and I wont have my BS until Jan. of 2012.

Any info on 2012 testing?

Much appreciated.
                          Depends on the State of Illinois budget how many and how often the tests are conducted. You should refer to the site below to stay informed on the testing process. Good luck.

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/

QUEST FOR NOTIFICATION

At this time, no date has been set for the Merit Board's next Trooper Test, so we are NOT currently accepting applications.

If you would like to receive an email notification when the application process resumes, fill out the form in the link below to provide your contact information.

Notification Request| 06/06/2011 |

Comment

• Originally posted by ILTPR View Post
                            Are you talking about what to bring for the test or what to bring if you are selected for a cadet class?
                            Yes

Comment

• :-/
                              Yes for which one???

Comment

Yes
                                I'll answer both for you...

Test Day-Comfortable clothes to perform your PFIT in, (shorts, t-shirt, gym shoes), bring a snack and something to drink if you want, you will be there awhile.

Academy-You will have an orientation approx 4-6 weeks before the start of the academy where they will give you an entire list of items that you need to purchase/bring. 98% of it you will end up buying because it all has to match identically to the other cadets, so black shorts with a white nike swoosh does not cut it when "black shorts" are listed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 101291 users online. 169 members and 101122 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X