Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon everyone I’m new to the thread.. I’m in the process for class 132. Since receiving notification that the PFIT has been postponed I received another email saying I’ve been moved forward in the process to the background investigation. Has anyone here been through the entire process or can anyone give any insight on what to expect?

Comment

• Did you take your power test yet?

Comment

• Nope, it was supposed to be held on the 28th and 29th but it’s postponed. They moved some people on to background checks without taking it.

Comment

• sounds fair

Comment

• Just put in my app for 134. I’m really excited to hear back and I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you guys next year in Springfield.

Comment

• danny121583
              danny121583 commented
              Editing a comment
              What step in the process are you in? Isn't it 133 for Summer 2021?

• They must’ve moved people with the highest scores forward. I received a 77% and did not receive an email.

Comment

• bluesent
              bluesent commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a call few weeks ago from a BI. I think everyone moves forward and you just have to wait for someone to call you. It's the same class #. Something I remember someone telling me (I know its vague) about 1 out of 10-20 applicants are hireable. Also talking to a recruiter for ISP he said they were short by the HUNDREDS.

I hope you hear something in the coming month.

• I think I finished the BI.

Comment

• danny121583
              danny121583 commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you put in your application?

• Well I guess I didn't fail after all. The PFIT was scheduled for sometime this month. I guess they were just grilling the hell out of me.

I got an e-mail stating the class starts in August of this year (2020).
            Last edited by bluesent; 05-12-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• StarkJones
              StarkJones commented
              Editing a comment
              Class 132 Hopeful... They came to my house yesterday. The interview wasn’t that bad, it only took 45 mins. They wore masks so it was hard to read their reactions to my responses. An hr later I got an email with my PFIT time and date. They did say that the results of my packet would be sent to the Merit Board and they will make the decision. Just because I got an invite to the PFIT, doesn’t mean anything, I could still NOT be picked.

• bluesent
              bluesent commented
              Editing a comment
              StarkJones Mine took HOURS and they were interrogating me and read me my miranda rights and were playing good cop/bad cop. They were giving me that silent judgment look and doing the whole 9 poker face. This was litterally the most brutal police BI went through so far.. It was brutal and the people they assigned for my BI were like special anti terrorism detectives or something like that.

Where were your BI from? Mine I won't say exactly but from the chicago-metro region.

• StarkJones
              StarkJones commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t ask and they didn’t say. Did you do yours at your house as well?

• bluesent
              bluesent commented
              Editing a comment
              StarkJones No I didn't do it at my residency.
              Last edited by bluesent; 05-14-2020, 04:41 PM.

• I received an email from them stating that I have been deemed an acceptable applicant. To wait for further notice on the recruitment test. Any of you guys or gals have some pointers to give me? What to expect in this whole process? Or even maybe when I will hear from them about the recruitment test? Anything would be helpful and useful. Sending thank you ahead of time.

Comment

• bluesent
              bluesent commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a pretty long process. This forum has a lot of good information but obviously it is 200+ pages long.. You can see the interesting stuff by skimming through it when this forum was a lot more active. You can see a lot of documentation about the academy and the process. Ya a lot of it is people asking the same questions and stuff and time does change but a lot of still relevant data.

• Hey guys, I will be at my pfit test tomorrow .
            anyone else have theirs scheduled?
            finished the BI a week or 2 ago and it was pretty hard but after the PFIT looks like a much better process

Comment

• StarkJones
              StarkJones commented
              Editing a comment
              I have mine Friday. Good luck!

• IH8DARONA20
              IH8DARONA20 commented
              Editing a comment
              I finished the BI last week and I have the PFIT scheduled for the 28th. How did the PFIT process go? Did you do every event individually.. was the run a down and back or laps..etc

• StarkJones
              StarkJones commented
              Editing a comment
              How did everyone do on the PT test? Anyone hear back yet? I passed... but still nothing... I don’t know if I should move on or wait a little longer...

• danny121583
              danny121583 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long did your BI take? Why was it hard?

• Covid delaying everything
            "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

Comment

• I have been certified by the ISP Merit board, did anyone else get the e-mail?

Comment

• danny121583
                danny121583 commented
                Editing a comment
                How long did the whole process take for you?

• schc379
                schc379 commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied in December 2019, between the testing, PFIT, Interviews, and Physical you’re looking at roughly 6 months. COVID delayed a lot of things though, so it could be different next time. I’d expect 6 months, and if it’s sooner than it’s even better.

• danny121583
                danny121583 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome. So are you scheduled for CC132? If everything goes well I should be in CC133 which will be next year.

• Has anyone done the 10 week fast track for laterals?

Comment

• Hello everyone. Does anyone have info on the class starting next year? I believe there is one scheduled to start in August 2020.

Comment

• Hello, we have created a what’s app for the cc133 class. Hope to see you there.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H39FJKczYh94oczq4WHOSQ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6161 users online. 333 members and 5828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X