Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully we hear* today

Comment

• I took the agility test in Oak Lawn over a week ago and about 60 people showed up. I like my chances for cc128.

Comment

• Today was exciting, I hope to be back next month.

So far I found the cadet uniform items listed on the O'Herron website, anyone know of any other stores they would recommend? Specifically places that can also do alterations.

Comment

• Does anyone know if you took the written in 2014 or2015 will those people be first on the eligibility list?

Comment

• Nairbic
            Nairbic commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a little confused, being on the eligibility list means you passed your written, but your Background has not started, from your last few posts it sounds like you're pretty far along. Are you talking about the final class list for CC-127? If so, I believe at this point they are picking people based off how they were ranked during the Oral Interviews. If you feel good about your interview you could be in a good place.

• jimmy939
            jimmy939 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Nairbic I think it is one list and they are ranking it based on everything that you have completed to determine who they believe are the best candidates. I do hope that most (hopefully all) of the people that attended orientation will get a chance at the academy though. Could just be wishful thinking but the drop out rate is fairly high.

• Yea that makes more sense, hopefully we hear by next week

Comment

• I went to Chicago Uniform Company today and was able to find everything that I need for the cadet uniform, the staff was very friendly. I picked up 3 trousers, 3 long sleeve shirts and the cover, I'm holding off on having the shirts and pants altered until the final offers of employment go out. It came out to roughly $300, I plan on buying the short sleeve shirts when I go back for the alterations.

Btw, they gave me a 10% discount for purchasing 6 uniform items.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nairbic View Post
              I went to Chicago Uniform Company today and was able to find everything that I need for the cadet uniform, the staff was very friendly. I picked up 3 trousers, 3 long sleeve shirts and the cover, I'm holding off on having the shirts and pants altered until the final offers of employment go out. It came out to roughly $300, I plan on buying the short sleeve shirts when I go back for the alterations.

Btw, they gave me a 10% discount for purchasing 6 uniform items.
              What's the return policy in case you don't get hired?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                scotty_appleton814 commented
                Editing a comment
                I only say that because anything can happen between now and the final offer.

• Nairbic
                Nairbic commented
                Editing a comment
                The clerk said it's ok to return the items within 30 days so long as the garments have not been altered or worn. The trousers I purchased have not been hemmed, I'll be going back for that once the final offers go out.

• scotty_appleton814
                scotty_appleton814 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it....

• Anyone finding the heather grey sweat suits

Comment

• I was from a couple classes ago and I got my sweatsuits at Walmart. It’s the lighter gray one they carry

Comment

• Off-topic. Disregard.
                  Last edited by southpaw1; 01-25-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• I'm hopeful the final notices go out today, does anyone have any insights?

Comment

• jimmy939
                      jimmy939 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No insights here.....just in "hurry up and wait" mode until further notice....

• Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                    Off-topic. Disregard.
                    Didn't you say good job dealing with the dozens of accidents on the expressways though because of the black ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

Didn't you say good job dealing with the dozens of accidents on the expressways though because of the black ice.
                      Yes Sir. The compliment still stands. I mentioned the nightmare commute the other day with freezing rain and over 200 accidents reported...so good job ISP! Why?

Comment

• Got my official notice!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmy939 View Post
                          Got my official notice!
                          Great news, congratulations!

I got an email as well, unfortunately I'm on the alternate's list.

Comment

• jimmy939
                            jimmy939 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I would bet that you still have a pretty good chance of getting a shot at it even if you start during week 2

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9326 users online. 342 members and 8984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X