300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hiphop1983 View Post
    I am also doing the testing on June 4th and wanted to know about the attire.. Do we just wear the clothes for the physical portion of the testing the whole time or should we come dressed up and change into those clothes?
    I tested in Feb 2010 and wore Adidas pants and a black zip jacket for the whole day. Also, I brought a small bag with a small gatorade/protein bar/ipod. I was over prepared and it worked out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by hiphop1983 View Post
      Only portion I am really concerned about is the 1.5 mile run... I ran today and I did that in about 13 mins... I know I got to get that down but only have a week to get there... But I think I should be okay
      I friggin hate the mile 1/2. I finish anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on the day. Let's hope June 4th is one of those 10 minute days.

Comment

• So I passed interviews and am preparing for the academy (crossing my fingers). I run every day and feel good about that, but my biggest weakness is upper body strength. My husband is a great spotter for benching and of course I do push ups. What can I expect as far as upper body work in the academy? Also, any suggestions on the best way to work out the upper body to be academy fit? Thank you.

Comment

• Any idea how many laps around the track makes 1.5 miles at the academy?
          Also do they do the PT the first day of the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Josjua1 View Post
            Any idea how many laps around the track makes 1.5 miles at the academy?
            Also do they do the PT the first day of the academy?
            Well from what I know 4 times around a regulation track is a mile so I always assumed 6 times around a track is 1.5 miles.. At least thats the way I have been calculating it...

Also I agree with Exodus about the Adrenaline thing... For some reason I believe the day of the test I believe my adrenaline and competitiveness will get me over the hump...

Comment

• I can't remember how many times it is around the academy track for the 1.5 miles. The track is not regulation by any means, more like an asphalt path 100 yards from I-55.

Comment

• To answer a few comments from earlier in this thread:

The academy track is garbage as ILTPR said, but it is a quarter mile track, so 6 miles around for your 1.5 miles. The best part about the academy track is the incline and decline of the track at certain points. It's not awful, but its asphalt and has probably seen its better days.

You will not PT day 1 (sunday), you will do your first PFIT test day 2 (monday) and you will begin your normal PT schedule day 3, tuesday. If you fail your PFIT on Monday, you will retest Thursday and if you fail any portion again, you are done.

We did the PFIT test 4 or 5 times total throughout our stay at the academy.

To answer an earlier question, you will PT almost everyday, if Tpr. Clark is still your PFIT Coordinator you will normally do outside runs on Mon and Wednesday, circuits on Tues and Thurs and 1.5 mile run on Friday morning.

And to answer the 134% question, that really isnt that much, many of our cadets were doing 150% of their body weight by the time we left. (I weigh 188 and was doing about 275 on the bench) I would strongly suggest that as soon as you are given gym privileges (probably week 2 or 3) you get down there at night on your free time and lift weights. The majority of your PT circuits will be body weight workouts, mostly for endurance, so getting down and hitting the free weights at night is a huge help especially when it comes to your bench press for the PFIT.

Comment

• All you hopefuls, Don't sweat the PT stuff for the academy, remember in every class there is always someone who is #1 in fitness and someone who is dead last in fitness. In the end, 41 percentile cadet is given the same ribbon as 79 percentile cadet... and gotta love the 5:30am Friday run in the cold/chilly air with no stretching, running the track by starlight.

Comment

• Work on well rounded fitness and you will be fine. The variety of workouts done is hard to prepare for because it's always changing. Pass the PFIT and just ride out the storm.

You will survive if you just prepare to do WHAT you are told, the WAY you are told. It's mindless. Just prepare to dedicate your whole life to training for six months. Limited contact with family and the outside world is one of the hardest adjustments to prepare for. You will primarily get two phone calls a week.

Just practice staring forward and keeping your mouth shut.
                    I'm not ruining your life, you are. And, I'm going to write a short story about it...

Comment

• If someone is lucky enough to be chosen for the academy and their district is hours away where their family lives and they will not be moving but can one expect to pay for an apartment say up around chicago?

Are there others in the same boat that troops room together to save money?

Comment

• Yes, many people who are initially assigned districts away from home will share an apartment. There are a lot of temporary living options. If you are assigned D-Chicago you do not have to actually live in Chicago and therefore you can save money by living in the burbs. D-15 also has a lot of low rent options; many people live in the Naperville area.

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted for medicals yet for Class #119?

Comment

• I am in the process for class 119 and I have not been contacted to schedule the medical portion yet.

Comment

• Just curious, what would be one proper rep for the sit-up for the PFIT? I assume it's when the base of the neck goes ahead of the base of the spine and the bottom of the shoulder blades touch the ground with hands behind your head.

Also, how does the universal bench press compare to free weights? Would you say ones easier than the other or starts lower? The PEB bench machine was a lot easier than typical free weights.

Comment

• I Have a question for ISAP Captain. I did not recieve an email for the june 4th test at north lake, should I call human resource? I know they do not want us to call, but I am worried because I did not recieve my invite, and thats the test date I applied for. Anyone else please fill free to let me know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4732 users online. 321 members and 4411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X