Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excitement leaning on the cautious side. If I get hired theres noooo way Im passing up that opportunity thinking that I can possibly be laid off in the future. Hell, my current full time job is via the state and I could be laid off on this job in a moment's notice as well so I can't let future speculation scare me from a dream job.

Comment

But much appreciated insight cityblu! I just know what I want! LOL

Comment

I talked to a ISP recruiter a few weeks ago, and he said that there is going to be an application process starting in January 2011. He said that we will have to pay $15.00 for an application fee. I went ahead and called the merit board, and they said the same thing the recruiter did.

Comment

Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
          But much appreciated insight cityblu! I just know what I want! LOL

Dont get me wrong.....these pages are full of good people. The problem is that too many cops unwittingly find themselves becoming hyporites. By nature cops consider themselves conservative....generally we are Ronald Reagan Conservatives with a deep abiding desire for a small government that is less intrusive, we are very distrustful of governemnt. MAybe that is because we all work for government. We are qwik to tell everyone that we have got to spend less, cut costs and reign in taxes. But we as cops always want the bestest toys, resources, training and equipment....who pays for it?? We want our pensions protected but u damn sure know we do not want to make xoncessions or take furloughs. we are understaffed and are being told to do more with less and we continue to do so. UNique to ISP however is the legislative and statutory mandate that they have .....LEADS, B of I, Crimelab, UCR reporting, FOID, MEG admin' ...etc etc etc...things that have nothing to do with street work. Those are ISP's main responsibilities you think about that. Even before the fiscal problems ISP used to have districts that had no midnight shifts. Local PD and Sheriffs have always been able to rely upon ISP for HELP. ISP has never been responsible for helping out...think about that, vital services taken for granted by many agencies are slowly being phased out because ISP cannot afford it. ISP is still talkng about closing districts. THey woint like it but there are 102 sheriffs in Illinois who know that ISP is not the primary agency, they are. I am just thinking out loud and wish others would do the same. JUst because we are in a bad economy and crime is fluctuationg does not mean we are going to hire cops. Tell me if you think I am wrong
          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Maybe It's just computer messing up but did they take the website down. I've tried three different browsers reset my computer and I keep getting some random webpage.

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/

I've also tried going through the http://www.isp.state.il.us/ website and I get the same thing maybe it's just my computer.

Comment

A great guess would be updating the website for future online applications to begin!! Which will then speculate an upcoming cadet class soon!!

Comment

I emailed the merit board. Will keep you all posted.

Comment

Maybe Quinn didn't pay the bill for their domain lease.
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

The website is up again...no status change :-(

Comment

I got this info to share,
                      I was told the merit board is meeting at the end of this month to negotiate and develop a plan for upcoming classES and testing for this year. Who knows how many classes but they ARE gonna happen so don't break your necks trying to get updates because they havent even met yet. So nothing will happen b4 the end of this month. Peace.

Comment

I got this info to share,
                        I was told the merit board is meeting at the end of this month to negotiate and develop a plan for upcoming classES and testing for this year. Who knows how many classes but they ARE gonna happen so don't break your necks trying to get updates because they havent even met yet. So nothing will happen b4 the end of this month. Peace.

Comment

This is nothing official, just rumors on the inside to keep hope alive for some of you. I have heard there are plans for multiple classes in 2011. Again, nothing official, just a word of encouragement for those of you that may be on the ledge.

Comment

Thanks for the info Batman!!
                            We are all watching the website CONSTANTLY for updates. I try n share as much info as I possibly can and that info is exactly what Ive been told. And that todays meeting with the merit board discussed plans for CC119. Also it will be the beginning of the process of CC120, which Im praying, hoping n have that class locked n loaded in my site! Good luck to you all because this is an opportunity of a lifetime!
                            @ stlcardfan...Lets get it going!

Comment

On their site one of the requirements is to be open to moving anywhere in the state. How lenient are they on this one? I guess I'd be willing but I really don't want to move.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedDrum5 View Post
                                On their site one of the requirements is to be open to moving anywhere in the state. How lenient are they on this one? I guess I'd be willing but I really don't want to move.
                                They're not. It's one of the requirements for the job. There's always the remote possibility that if you aren't from the Chicagoland area that you could get a district south but don't hold your breath counting on it. It's a very remote chance. You'd have a better chance winning the lottery. Those on the job get first shot at any openings. New guys backfill.
                                If you're not willing to move then don't bother applying.
                                183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3995 users online. 280 members and 3715 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X