300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rassi1288 View Post
    what is the next step after written? Pretty sure most have just taken that... hoping they get some stuff pushed through if they really are getting a nice budget to get some academy classes through in the next year...
    Thanks!
    Everything in the process matters. If you think it doesn't, you'll be waiting longer than other candidates!

Roughly, it goes something like this:
    Written/PFIT -> background -> interview board -> orientation -> academy.

My advice: continue to stay in shape, eat healthy, stay busy at your current job while you're still in the application process, and remain patient!

This is Illinois...things move very slowly in the beginning, but once the paperwork is cleared with approved funding, the process will move in a blink of the eye! Just like anything else in life, good things come to those that wait. Good luck!
    Last edited by LithFury56; 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling/structure
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LithFury56 View Post
      Everything in the process matters. If you think it doesn't, you'll be waiting longer than other candidates!

Roughly, it goes something like this:
      Written/PFIT -> background -> interview board -> orientation -> academy.

My advice: continue to stay in shape, eat healthy, stay busy at your current job while you're still in the application process, and remain patient!

This is Illinois...things move very slowly in the beginning, but once the paperwork is cleared with approved funding, the process will move in a blink of the eye! Just like anything else in life, good things come to those that wait. Good luck!
      I'm assuming that there is also a polygraph and medical/drug screen after the interview but before the orientation, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ILLEO View Post
        I'm assuming that there is also a polygraph and medical/drug screen after the interview but before the orientation, right?
        I haven't heard of ISP conducting polygraphs for some time, just background investigations from what I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
          I haven't heard of ISP conducting polygraphs for some time, just background investigations from what I heard.
          thats good to hear... I HATE POLYS!! haha just so nerve racking even if you dont have anything to hide.. I did one for border patrol and i was there for 8 hours! I passed but dang that sucked!

Comment

• Polygraphs are still an option if there's some issue with the background that can't be resolved by the investigator.
            183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
              Polygraphs are still an option if there's some issue with the background that can't be resolved by the investigator.
              oh well then i'm not worried about that! Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

• I've done four polygraphs and have thankfully passed them all. I think that it's more important with how you communicate with the investigator who is administering the polygraph than the actual instrument itself. But really, there is no secret to them. If you don't have anything to hide then there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moony10 View Post
                  I've done four polygraphs and have thankfully passed them all. I think that it's more important with how you communicate with the investigator who is administering the polygraph than the actual instrument itself. But really, there is no secret to them. If you don't have anything to hide then there's nothing to worry about.
                  ya i've taken i think 4-5 of them and passed them all and the one being for border patrol which was 8 hours long... they are just stressful even if you dont have anything to hide haha but ya communication is the best thing for them for sure!

Comment

• Even if you do have something to hide just disclose and and be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
                      Not that this necessarily means anything for hiring but Rauner's budget plan for 2017 includes $0.00 for new vehicle purchases. The good news is $7.3M is allocated for the ISP training academy, so IF anything passes () hopefully we will see movement by the end of the year.
                      Unfortunately the 7.3 mil was removed from the proposed budget. However, at any time the general assembly could easily add it back into the budget.

Comment

• I saw that the Merit Board just had a meeting on the 15th. The agenda said "Update on Applicant Process." I wonder if there was an actual update or just "still waiting on a budget" update.

Comment

• Are they still accepting applications??
                          CCSO

Comment

• Originally posted by mjyextreme View Post
                            Are they still accepting applications??
                            Yes.

Comment

• Does anyone have a current pay scale for ISP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just saw that they released the Merit Board minutes from January 8th, 2016.

"Director Don Cooley reported we have 645 acceptable applicants in our current eligibility pool, but it did not look like there would be a cadet class in fiscal year 2016."

The fiscal year ends June 30th. Hopefully they get a budget going for 2017. And hopefully some classes...
                                Last edited by Moony10; 04-21-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5861 users online. 339 members and 5522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X