Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eileen452 View Post
    ISPTPR22:
    How strict is ISP with vision requirements? Did anyone not make it into cc118 because they failed the vision exam?
    I attached a link to the vision standards from the merit board website below. Obviously, if you fail to meet the requirements you will not make it in.

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/visionstandards.html

Comment

• Little ahrd to understand these vision requirements so please correct me if I am wrong.. You have to have 20/40 vision and be able to see 20/20 with glasses?

I wear glasses at night time now only so as long as I can see 20/20 with them then I am ok? Is that how it works???

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
        Little ahrd to understand these vision requirements so please correct me if I am wrong.. You have to have 20/40 vision and be able to see 20/20 with glasses?

I wear glasses at night time now only so as long as I can see 20/20 with them then I am ok? Is that how it works???
        Yes, your corrected vision needs to be 20/20.

Comment

• Thanks for the help ISPTPR22, one less thing I have to worry about

Much appreciated

Comment

Little ahrd to understand these vision requirements so please correct me if I am wrong.. You have to have 20/40 vision and be able to see 20/20 with glasses?

I e-mailed the Merit Board regarding the vision standards about a year ago. My uncorrected vision is much worse than 20/40, but since I have it corrected to 20/20, I am ok. Here is their explanation:

"Yes, wearing contacts is ‘correcting’ the vision. Uncorrected means no aid to see clearer. Anyone with uncorrected higher than 20/40 is considered unqualified by the IL State Police."

It's all a matter or wording! So basically if you are uncorrected higher than 20/40, you will need vision to be corrected to 20/20 to work with ISP.

Comment

• Heres a link that was circulated a bit ago by someone on this thread back in February. It's not considered as a TRUE eye exam as it says in the attached link but it sure as heck is a good reference point. I also wear glasses/contacts for night vision/reading from a far distance but it was very helpful to me with my confidence in knowing my uncorrected vision as well as my corrected vision should be OK:

http://library.thinkquest.org/C005949/fun/eyechart.htm

Cant remember the kind person who posted this link but they get big kudos!
              Last edited by Que_Dog7; 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: Couldnt SEE my mistakes the 1st time! LOL

Comment

• I was just curious here, what is the monthly salary for a cadet while in the academy?

Then, what would the starting salary be for a trooper in their new district assignment right out of the academy?

Thanks

Comment

I was just curious here, what is the monthly salary for a cadet while in the academy?

Then, what would the starting salary be for a trooper in their new district assignment right out of the academy?

Thanks
                  The ISP and the Merit Board websites answer a lot of questions that are generally asked. Here's the link to the salary inquiry:

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/faq.html

Comment

• I wasnt for sure if those were the most up to date numbers or not..

Thanks!!!!

Comment

• I think it says somewhere in there that it's projected for 1July2011.

Comment

• The amount for CC118 per two weeks was $1,336.50. You can expect to take home approx $950 every two weeks. There will be weeks where you will get some OT, I think in total we probably made an additional $1,500 in OT over the course of the 25 weeks we were there.

The first day you report to your district you are then on the same salary schedule as the rest of the troopers. Since the end of CC119 is scheduled for 01/20/12, your beginning salary that following Monday will be $57,708.

What happens after that is anyone's guess because our contract is up June 30, 2012.

Comment

• I heard someone on here say that CC 119 is starting in July 2011 but does anyone have the slighest clue about CC120? Wheather they will try and get one in before the end of the year or start one at the beginning so that it can be on 2011 budget?

Thanks

Comment

• CC 120 is still in the hoping stage. Nothing planned yet. If it is approved it most likely wouldn't start before November at the earliest.
                            The 2011 budget year ends June 30. The state of IL's budget year begins July 1 each year. FY 12 starts July 1, 2011. You'll have to wait to see what the legislature includes in the budget for new Troops for FY 12. The legislature is still a long way from passying the FY 12 budget.
                            183 FBINA

Comment

• Hoping n praying CAPT!!!! Will continue working hard as if CC120 is tomorrow!!! Got nothing to lose staying in shape! Matter of fact Im typing this from my iphone4. Just got off the track and massaging my legs in the whirlpool at the gym!!! GO BULLS!!!!

Comment

• What is overtime in the academy? I asked the earlier question about pay while in the academy...

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2817 users online. 165 members and 2652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X