300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2814AD View Post
    Hey ISPCAPT, I e-mailed the Merit Board and just got a reply. To my surprise and disbelief the Merit Board stated in the e-mail that there are NO PUBLISHED hearing standard. I hate to say that I don't believe that, but I don't and reading the link from Que Dog 7's post, it seems that there is a hearing standard. What are your thoughts on that reply? Any other idea on how to acquire the standards? Thanks.
    It's been a few years since I was involved in that part of the process. Guess it's possible they dropped the hearing standard. However, they were still giving a hearing test at the medical for 118. Can't recall hearing of anyone being DQed for hearing loss tho. They must just be checking to see if a person can hear.
    The Merit Board is usually pretty straight forward with their answers.
    183 FBINA

Comment

• I have tinnitus and minor hearing loss, enough where I have not passed the test. However, I can perform the duties of a police officer just fine - I am sure. If you are going to say something smart like you have it or don't take the test, then don't reply at all. I am just looking for the hearing standards. If someone has it, then please let me know. If you don't, then please don't tell me stories or what you feel.

Comment

• Thanks for all your help and advice ISPCAPT. I was just trying to find out for my benefit. It is not big deal if I don't get it. Thanks again!

Comment

• USMCMUELLER was just giving you and anybody else looking for the standards his honest and blunt truth. He meant nothing by it and I would know since I recently spent some time with the guy. But in response to your hearing loss question I will ask another classmate of ours what he had to do since initially he was DQ'd for his hearing but ultimately got in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2814AD View Post
            Thanks for all your help and advice ISPCAPT. I was just trying to find out for my benefit. It is not big deal if I don't get it. Thanks again!
            Sorry, wish I had more info. I've looked around in my files and for some links but haven't been able to find that hearing chart. It's kind of gotten to be an obsession since I know it's here somewhere. No doubt I'll be looking thru some other papers in a couple of years and find it where I misfiled it.
            183 FBINA

Comment

• You got a great attitude man. Look forward to working with a guy like you.

Cowboyfan send me an iwin.

Comment

• Anyone have any updates on oral interviews??

Comment

• Thanks again CowboyFanTroop & ISPCAPT. Don't put too much effort. Like I said - no big deal. There are probably more important questions and request from other applicants. USMCmueller, it was a message received/message sent situation probably. I see you have "usmc" in your name. I spent 8 yrs 2 months in the corps myself and lost some hearing during combat. I am now just trying to be a cop like my Pops. I just hate to lose something, because I served that's all.

Comment

• Hey Que Dog 7, I received an e-mail on Thursday stating that I have been scheduled for an interview. It gave a day, but not a time. However, the e-mail also stated that a letter was also sent out via usps giving the exact time and other information. I am sure your e-mail/letter will come soon. Good luck and hope to see you at the end of all of this.

Comment

• Oh goodness AD, I WISH I were that far along in the process! Im taking the written/PFIT on 4Jun2011. My chance will come at some point after that date. Boy oh boy I wish I were a part of the 119 process. Yep, 120 is what I'm gearing for. God has His plan and CC119 just wasn't in His Will for me. I tell you this much, I have been preparing since 15May2010 as if the recruitment test were the next day because my heart and the hunger for ISP will not allow me to watch another Cadet Class to pass me by nor will it allow me a peace of mind until I reach that coveted goal of the tan n green dream! I'm just asking questions to gauge where the process of CC119 is because that means that as CC119 is set as a go, CC120 is next in line. When that will be? Only our Creator knows for sure at this point. I just know that I will be COMPLETELY prepared as much as possible both mentally and physically! Good Luck to ya bigguy, I know how it feels to be on the outside looking in. Almost everyday I travel and see a Trooper. I visualize myself in that car and uniform. Keeps me hungry n thirsty! I need a meal and a drink....
                      LOL...I'm just serious....
                      Last edited by Que_Dog7; 05-14-2011, 08:59 PM. Reason: Hungry as hell!!!

Comment

• usmcmueller: Man, bro it looks like someone's about to see that 50 cal wound. Lol
                        I'm not ruining your life, you are. And, I'm going to write a short story about it...

Comment

• ????Wha chu talkn bout Willis???
                          :-/

Comment

• Does anyone know how many people are invited to oral interviews typically after backgrounds? I didn't know what your chances of getting hired would be?

Comment

• Approximately half made it from backgrounds to orals for CC118. We had approx 125 in BI, 63 in orals, 52 at orientation, began the academy with 45, used up all alternates after people quit in the first week and graduated with 40.

Comment

• ISPTPR22:
                                How strict is ISP with vision requirements? Did anyone not make it into cc118 because they failed the vision exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3631 users online. 248 members and 3383 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X