300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lapz View Post
    I'm a candidate for CC126 as well and I have not heard anything yet.
    No clue. First goal is to secure funding for CC125 before moving onto any other classes. We certainly need troopers, so I'm sure if they can find the money to make it happen, the department would love to start cc126 3-4 months after cc125 begins.

Comment

• Since most of my gear has arrived a couple thoughts/questions have popped into my head and I thought I would try for some feedback here:

I don't think I will bring any special sleep attire and may just wear PT gear for the next day as I figure this will speed things up in the morning. Will this fly? As a bonus, when they decide to bust in at midnight and say, "HAI GUIS! LET'S RUN TWO MILES!" I will be ready.

Should the pocket dictionary actually be one that can fit inside a pocket? I have a really small/thin one somewhere, but the one I recently picked up is 3.5w x 5.3h x 0.9d and while it has more words I think it may be too big.

Should we initial our stuff somewhere inconspicuous with a black/silver marker before arriving? I figure at some point our stuff will be dumped from our bags and tossed around...

How soon after we arrive will we store our bags? On check-in for the second week are we ok to bring more equipment? Walking around with a large duffel bag in one hand and a garment bag with shirts/pants in the other will get heavy eventually since we aren't allowed to let them touch the ground and I presume we'll get special attention if we use the shoulder strap. I figured it may be a good idea to only bring bare bones equipment listed and then bring extras on week two check-in, even if it is only a couple extra pounds of stuff.

I am also guessing they have us do a moderate amount of physical activity on check-in day, so wearing a well tailored/tight/expensive suit is likely not a good idea, right?

I keep telling myself, "I waited this long, I can wait a little longer..." but the more I think about it and stare at the packages arriving at my door the more I am eager to start. Even though it isn't really intentional, they sure know how to play the delayed gratification card.
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
        Since most of my gear has arrived a couple thoughts/questions have popped into my head and I thought I would try for some feedback here:

I don't think I will bring any special sleep attire and may just wear PT gear for the next day as I figure this will speed things up in the morning. Will this fly? As a bonus, when they decide to bust in at midnight and say, "HAI GUIS! LET'S RUN TWO MILES!" I will be ready.

Should the pocket dictionary actually be one that can fit inside a pocket? I have a really small/thin one somewhere, but the one I recently picked up is 3.5w x 5.3h x 0.9d and while it has more words I think it may be too big.

Should we initial our stuff somewhere inconspicuous with a black/silver marker before arriving? I figure at some point our stuff will be dumped from our bags and tossed around...

How soon after we arrive will we store our bags? On check-in for the second week are we ok to bring more equipment? Walking around with a large duffel bag in one hand and a garment bag with shirts/pants in the other will get heavy eventually since we aren't allowed to let them touch the ground and I presume we'll get special attention if we use the shoulder strap. I figured it may be a good idea to only bring bare bones equipment listed and then bring extras on week two check-in, even if it is only a couple extra pounds of stuff.

I am also guessing they have us do a moderate amount of physical activity on check-in day, so wearing a well tailored/tight/expensive suit is likely not a good idea, right?

I keep telling myself, "I waited this long, I can wait a little longer..." but the more I think about it and stare at the packages arriving at my door the more I am eager to start. Even though it isn't really intentional, they sure know how to play the delayed gratification card.
        Check your PM..

Comment

• Hello CC125 members,

Does anyone know if our district assignment call has been postponed? I didn't ask the question when I received the call last week. I'm assuming that it is but I don't like to make assumptions.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by PCT18 View Post
            Hello CC125 members,

Does anyone know if our district assignment call has been postponed? I didn't ask the question when I received the call last week. I'm assuming that it is but I don't like to make assumptions.

Thanks
            During my call it was stated that we could get the assignments when we get called with a start date but that could change.
            “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

• Has anybody heard the status of these bills that determines whether class 125 and 126 will be taking place in our lifetime?

Comment

Has anybody heard the status of these bills that determines whether class 125 and 126 will be taking place in our lifetime?
                Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                Just an update for folks who haven't waded through the news reports:

As expected, those bills had no action yesterday and will not see any play today as they are still locked by the sponsor. Come January 1 the tax hike of 2011 will expire and taxes will go from 5% to 3.75% which will leave at least a $1.6 billion hole in the budget as attempts to make the tax increase permanent failed to garner support. Most are in agreement that this will be a repeat of 2011 and nothing will be done until after the November elections. This means that services will have the same funding as FY14, without accounting for various cost increases, and resulting in some programs being suspended/postponed just in case funding cannot be allocated later.

Unfortunately, for CC-125, CC-126, ISP, and SPMB this could result in robbing Peter to pay Paul. However, it is no secret that ISP needs people and have publicly stated that they are doing everything they can to maintain cadet classes. In 2010 about 2,000 troopers ran 71,033 hours in overtime and in 2013 about 1,800 troopers ran 91,256 overtime hours.

As T.F.C. said, this has happened before and it will get sorted out eventually. Due to the acknowledged need hopefully not after elections.
                Governor Quinn and/or Director Grau and/or the SPMB could still use the power of their mighty pen to juggle some funds around to start CC-125 (and maybe CC-126) before the budget is adjusted, but with at least a $1.6 billion hole in the budget I am not holding my breath.
                Last edited by Gradient Shift; 06-05-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• ISP has sent out letters to those selected for CC-125 which state the class is postponed, we will be contacted once a new start date is determined, our conditional offer of employment will remain in effect until the class is rescheduled, and that an updated background and/or medical exam may be required.

I wonder if this letter is their way of saying that it will be quite some time before the class starts. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• News reports are starting to show up stating that Gov. Quinn has signed legislation which allows an additional $1.8 billion in spending which will go toward Medicad and public safety. <fingers crossed>

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                      News reports are starting to show up stating that Gov. Quinn has signed legislation which allows an additional $1.8 billion in spending which will go toward Medicad and public safety. <fingers crossed>
                      Do you know the link where I can find this at?

Comment

Do you know the link where I can find this at?
                        I am on my phone right now but it is HB6060. You can search for it on ilga.gov.The bill gives ISP $40 million for some law suits. Depending on how they work their budget this could free up funds they normally hold for such things so that they can do other stuff with it.

Comment

• hey all,

I have a question on the uniform shirts. When i went to the Downers Grove Ray O'herrons they said they always put eyelets on the cadet shirts for name tags. No where in our packet does it say to get eyelets done so I didnt have them do it but was wondering if all of you encountered this or if any of you know whether we need to get this done. I honestly dont remember seeing the cadets have name tags on while we were there for orientation but I wasn't really paying attention to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherneck22 View Post
                            hey all,

I have a question on the uniform shirts. When i went to the Downers Grove Ray O'herrons they said they always put eyelets on the cadet shirts for name tags. No where in our packet does it say to get eyelets done so I didnt have them do it but was wondering if all of you encountered this or if any of you know whether we need to get this done. I honestly dont remember seeing the cadets have name tags on while we were there for orientation but I wasn't really paying attention to them.
                            Nothing was said about having anything added to the shirts and I do not see anything regarding name tag eyelets in the packet either. I do not recall seeing anything on the shirt of the manikin model at the front of the class and I was never able to get a good look at a cadet in uniform while there. I presume for training gear name tags and whatnot would come as a stitched patch or similar to further differentiate a cadet from a trooper.

EDIT: Also, I just looked at the ISP Recruitment Video on the SPMB website and toward the end there appears to be a cadet who just had some fun in the gas chamber and I see no markings on his shirt.
                            Last edited by Gradient Shift; 06-11-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• I saw that video. As if they couldn't tease people any more they go and do that! haha

Comment

• Anybody heard any news about the academy? The only details I've heard were rumors that I didn't want to hear. I was told that training was on hold until after the 1st of the year. I was also told that the funding for the next several classes is there, it's just not available at the moment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5950 users online. 345 members and 5605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X