Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not a Trooper and have taken the test more than once. The way the merit board told me specifically is that they go by the highest tears of test scores on the written alone. There were about 400 of us who tested in Jan2010 and out that that number there had to be at least 20-25% who had a score of 90% and above. Of that percentage of people there were only about 58 who made it to orals after the BI. From that point, any Trooper who went to orals in Apr2010 can answer how many made it to medicals, orientation and how many were placed as alternates. From what I understand, mostly if not all of the alternates were eventually given a chance because of the number of people who left the Academy for one reason or another. But again, Im not a Trooper, just excited as heck because this is the 1st time that I am COMPLETELY prepared for passing all of the requirements to even get to take a splash into that POOL!!! I just know this much for sure, the higher your written test score, the more likely you will get that call for your BI. Good luck to ya because I know how it feels having to watch Cadet Classes pass you by right in your face! >:-(

Comment

• I am in the BI for class 119. I have not heard anything about the Oral Boards yet; however, I am sure it will be last minute due to the tight schedule they are running on. I have a question: Does anyone have the hearing standads for ISP? Aided or Unaided? I ask because I have some tinnitus (ringing of the ear) due to combat while in the military. I have a hard time meeting the requirements when taking the "TONE" test, but I took a speech discrimination test for my government job, which is when you have to get 90% of the words right in quiet and in noise environment and passed that. So I was given the thumbs up for the job and perform my duties just fine. I was wondering if the ISP have something similar for us disabled vets? ISPCAPT, I have a feeling you can find this out for me ha, ha, ha. I have seen ISPCAPT come through every time.

Comment

• Ok. That does make sense dog 7, Il see you at the test at North Lake.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2814AD View Post
          ISPCAPT, I have a feeling you can find this out for me ha, ha, ha. I have seen ISPCAPT come through every time.
          Sorry but I'm striking out on this. I had the hearing standards at one time but don't know where they'd be now. It was a chart with the frequency ranges and numbers for the permitted loss. I'm sure it all made sense to a doc but it was just a graph with numbers to me.
          If you call the Merit Board they can fax/email/somehow get you the standards. Let them know you want to take them to your doc for testing to make sure your hearing is within standards before you waste their time and yours applying.
          Good luck. Hope all works out well.
          183 FBINA

Comment

I am in the BI for class 119. I have not heard anything about the Oral Boards yet; however, I am sure it will be last minute due to the tight schedule they are running on. I have a question: Does anyone have the hearing standads for ISP? Aided or Unaided? I ask because I have some tinnitus (ringing of the ear) due to combat while in the military. I have a hard time meeting the requirements when taking the "TONE" test, but I took a speech discrimination test for my government job, which is when you have to get 90% of the words right in quiet and in noise environment and passed that. So I was given the thumbs up for the job and perform my duties just fine. I was wondering if the ISP have something similar for us disabled vets? ISPCAPT, I have a feeling you can find this out for me ha, ha, ha. I have seen ISPCAPT come through every time.
            Hopes this article helps you bigguy:

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...KyiGBcUWahfiwg

Comment

• I was just checking up on the Merit Board website and had to re-read this new entry from today. It scared the hell outta me at first because you all KNOW how quickly things can change:

REQUEST FOR NOTIFICATION
              At this time, no date has been set for the Merit Board's next Trooper Test, so we are NOT currently accepting applications.
              If you would like to receive an email notification when the application process resumes, fill out the form in the link below to provide your contact information.
              Notification Request| 05/05/2011 |

ALL APPLICANTS TO THE JUNE RECRUITMENT TEST:
              To all applications who applied for the June recruitment test:
              Documents are being reviewed to assess eligibility. Email notices will be sent with test information once all documentation has been reviewed. Please be patient.
              Thank you.
              | 05/02/2011 |

Whewwww!!!! (wiping my forehead!!!!)
              Last edited by Que_Dog7; 05-05-2011, 06:19 PM. Reason: Sweaty forehead

Comment

• Thanks ISPCAPT and Que Dog7. I was going to contact the merit board, but I figured I give you all a shot before bothering them.

Comment

Thanks ISPCAPT and Que Dog7. I was going to contact the merit board, but I figured I give you all a shot before bothering them.
                  Sorry, I'm a dry hole this time. I've looked around the house since and still haven't found the hearing standards. I must have tossed them or misplaced them.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

• What is the typical work schedule of an ISP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Josjua1 View Post
                      What is the typical work schedule of an ISP?
                      It depends on the district. Some are 8 hr shifts, some 10 hr. Some have permanent shifts, some rotating. Some have permanent days off, some rotating.
                      Even districts with, for example, 8 hr shifts, those shifts will vary from district to district.
                      183 FBINA

Comment

• Has anyone received communication for June testing? Want to make sure I haven't missed any letters since I recently moved.

Thanks

Comment

• You wont get any regular US mail. They notify you via email. Just make sure you dont move your email address(joke). ;-)
                          But seriously, if you do change email addresses just call PSR and update them. Most of ISP notifications are via email. They will email you a notification of testing generally around a week to ten days prior....

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
                            You wont get any regular US mail. They notify you via email. Just make sure you dont move your email address(joke). ;-)
                            But seriously, if you do change email addresses just call PSR and update them. Most of ISP notifications are via email. They will email you a notification of testing generally around a week to ten days prior....
                            Thanks Que.... Don't think anyone has but has anyone received email notification with 411?

Comment

• Hey ISPCAPT, I e-mailed the Merit Board and just got a reply. To my surprise and disbelief the Merit Board stated in the e-mail that there are NO PUBLISHED hearing standard. I hate to say that I don't believe that, but I don't and reading the link from Que Dog 7's post, it seems that there is a hearing standard. What are your thoughts on that reply? Any other idea on how to acquire the standards? Thanks.

Comment

• If it eases your mind I have tinnitis and receive disability for my hearing loss. I still passed the exam. If your passed your exit medical from whatever branch you were in you will be fine. With hearing you either have it or you don't just take the test. Can't practice for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3790 users online. 263 members and 3527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X