Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, so basically be prepared for applications to be available anytime between June - October ;D

Comment

• How long is the application announcement usually open for? One week? One month?

Comment

• NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHEN THE NEXT TIME THE ISP WILL TAKE APPLICATIONS IS.

It might be tomorrow and it might be December.

Anyone who tells you differently is lying or is using information they "heard" from a current trooper. As a current trooper, we (99% of us anyway) are no more in the loop on hiring than you are. Our upper command will tell the Merit Board we need X number of people, and they will put out a request for applicants if the current remaining pool cannot fill that request. I know its not what you want to hear, but the Merit Board will COMPLETELY exhaust the current pool before spending extra money to take applications and test again. Be patient, as far as I can tell we are one of, if not the only department (outside of CPD) hiring in large numbers in the state.

The application time frame has previously been in the 2-4 week time period.

Comment

• Originally posted by WIUNecks125 View Post
          Merit Board meeting notes from this morning:

-Backgrounds are being processed for 126
          -APPLICATIONS AND A NEW WRITTEN/PT TEST WILL BE SOMETIME AROUND AUGUST 1, not a hard date but thats straight from the Merit Board; I know a lot of you will be interested in this
          -38 Cadets remain from CC 123
          -42 Cadets remain from CC 124

CC 125: ISP will be notified on Monday of the Cadets that moved on from the Oral Boards. Ms. Webster at the Merit Board stated that she hopes to have e-mails out by the end of the business day today, but all the scores have been calculated are finalized

Good Luck
          So, how many people initially started in 123 and 124?

Comment

• http://www.illinoistrooper.com/files/IMG_3.jpg

So I checked the merit board website like I have been on a regular basis and was directed to the above website.

Comment

• That link doesn't work. It just says "page not found." What did it show since it looks like it was a picture?

Comment

• It kept taking me to a page for some home audio/video company. The merit board page is working again though.

Comment

• CC 123 started out with 50 total cadets & I'm unsure about CC 124.

Comment

• Are there any other potentials for CC126 out there other than chisportsfan2?? If so, has anyone else heard from their BI yet??

Comment

• Wow, so they lost about 25% of the class along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by chisportsfan2 View Post
                        Wow, so they lost about 25% of the class along the way.
                        20-25% is the typical loss rate for a class.
                        183 FBINA

Comment

• When a cadet fails out due to PT what is it they are failing at? Are their regular goals that must be achieved throughout the 26 weeks or are they failing the POWER test upon initial entry?

Comment

• PT failure is usually the first week when they arrive and can't pass the basic standards. Once you pass the 1st week PT you'll definitely be in shape enough by the last week to pass it. You'll have 25 weeks where they'll be someone every day making sure you get plenty of exercise.
                            183 FBINA

Comment

• I went into the academy in pretty good shape but still:
                              -Lost 10 lbs
                              -Bettered my 1.5 mile run time by 45 seconds, getting as far down as 9:45
                              -Improved by situps by 10
                              -Increased my bench press by 40 lbs

You will be told this more than once but around weeks 18-20 of the academy, you will probably be in the best overall shape of your life. I will say some guys who were very muscular complained about losing mass due to the high amount of running and cardio. If you aren't in the 80th percentile by the time you take your 3rd PFIT at the academy, you aren't trying.

Comment

• I am currently in the 80th percentile for everything (No I am not bragging), except the run which I horribly struggle with. What do cadets do at the academy that makes them become awesome runners? Because I have been running in the military for 7 years, and in preparation for ISP and still can't get a 12:00 flat 1.5 mile. My average is 12:38 and my best is around 12:15.

WHAT IS THIS VOODOO MAGIC THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING?! :P

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5360 users online. 317 members and 5043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X