Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting news for you guys on the list!

I got the day off for the ISP test up north, and I'm thrilled!

Comment

• Just FYI. I completed some in service training at the academy today and our class was told by Academy Commander Long that 70 cadets will start cc119 on July 24 and that they hope for a class in november but it is not scheduled at this time. I know how hard it is to wait and wonder so at least for now the start date is July 24 but is always subject to change. Good Luck to all, we sure need you on the road to get us above shift minimums and replace the numerous retirements ocurring over the next 2-4 years.

Comment

• Thanks a million 80!
        I know Im working hard towards CC120! its like waiting for Christmas ;-)
        Well...kinda
        :-/ LOL

Comment

• During the testing process and then while in the academy, are you given the POWER Test or the PFIT ??

Comment

• POWER test for both I believe. Periodically during the academy you will have to pass the POWER test a few to several times....

Comment

• Originally posted by ISP4ME View Post
              During the testing process and then while in the academy, are you given the POWER Test or the PFIT ??
              You have to pass the ISP PFIT, not the POWER test. The ISP uses the PFIT standard, not the POWER test. There's a difference, not a whole lot of difference but passing the POWER at the minimal level isn't enough to pass PFIT.
              You'll have to pass the PFIT during the initial stage of testing. Then if you're accepted to the academy you'll have to pass it the first day in the door. If a person fails it on Monday they have until the end of the week to pass it. If they can't pass it by the end of the week they're done.
              Once you're on the job then you have to continue passing the PFIT every year. We've fired people who haven't been able to pass the PFIT, doesn't matter how many years they have on the job.
              You can compare the 2 at these sites.
              http://www.isp.state.il.us/employ/fitness.cfm
              http://www.ptb.state.il.us/pdf/POWER.pdf
              183 FBINA

Comment

• Very nice of you to explain the difference CAPT. What the heck do I know? LOL
                I just know I have to pass the 1.5mile in 13:36, lift 172lbs which is 88% of my body weight(195lbs), 15.5" on the sit n reach and 35situps! I am able to surpass each stage because I have dedicated my lifestyle to be fit enough for the ISP Academy and pass each test with ease. I'll be 40 in Sept and can pass the standards of not only the 30-39 age range, but the 20-29 age range. Why? Because this is soooo dang on important to me. Not to just graduate from the Academy, but to remain in excellent shape for the rest of my life. Helps add years on to your life too. Good luck everyone and make getting in shape a lifestyle, not a task to get into ISP!
                Last edited by Que_Dog7; 04-28-2011, 09:57 PM. Reason: Spellcheck!

Comment

• Ohhhhh...
                  I just compared both tests. We definitely have to pass the PFIT! There's almost a 50sec-1min difference in the 1.5mile run! Yes, definitely the PFIT. But if you work on doing MUCH better with those standards you should be fine. I never compared the 2. Just went with the standards that ISP uses on testing day because if you can pass the ISP standards, testing for other LE agencies SHOULD be a piece of cake because ISP has the toughest standards. I'm quite sure some other agencies may have those same standards but there won't be any other more difficult than the PFIT!

Comment

• Great Luck to all gearing for CC's 119&120!! The application process is officially closed as of Noon today! Lets turn it up another notch people and give it your best shot! God Bless!

Comment

• So damn motivating that I can taste it!!!!

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=516

It leaves the sweetest lingering taste in my mouth!!!! ;-)
                      Great job CC118!!!!
                      Last edited by Que_Dog7; 04-30-2011, 02:48 AM. Reason: Had to wipe my watering mouth...LOL

Comment

• ALL APPLICANTS TO THE JUNE RECRUITMENT TEST:
                        To all applications who applied for the June recruitment test:
                        Documents are being reviewed to assess eligibility. Email notices will be sent with test information once all documentation has been reviewed. Please be patient.
                        Thank you.
                        | 05/02/2011 |

APPLICATION PROCESS CLOSED
                        The application process is now closed.
                        The Merit Board will accept no more applications for the June Recruitment Test at this time.
                        No date has been set for the next application process.
                        | 05/02/2011 |

Comment

• Hey everyone
                          Can we do a roll call of the people currently in the BI process for CC119?

Comment

• BI in progress but havent heard from him in about a week. Dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing.

Comment

• If it were a bad thing, you would have heard something by now, at least another phone call. From what I heard orals are in about 3.5 weeks so they are trying to meet that timeframe. Good luck to you buddy. I wanna see ALL of us make these next 2 classes!!!!!

Comment

• Do any state troopers know if the merit board take to a count on how many times you took the test and were in the pool? For example: Do you get any credit for how many times you have tried? This is my 4th test, and third time in the pool. I dont understand why I never advance? The email stated" It was nothing you did wrong, just not selected for BI". I think its my test, but I will never know the score. Im not complaining, I know it takes time, I absolutely love the way the ISP conduct their test in one day. The last test was awsome. It was like 600 of us, than after the test it was like 300, than after the fitness test I think it was 280 or something. It is the best and most organized law enforcement test I ever completed. So I have lots respect for ISP system. Also, are they still calling back people who got the last bad news email? I also know the director of the state police said he had to take the test 6 times before he got in, so he does not want to hear how many times you have tried.lol Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3919 users online. 268 members and 3651 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X