Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why skeptical for a spring hiring process?

Comment

• I don't want to get my hopes up haha.

Plus to my understanding they are still going to run two more academies from the last eligibility list. Which may or may not be true.

Like I said, just don't want to get my hopes up!

Comment

• I thought someone said one more class from the current list.

Comment

• Hey, I've seen a few others post about cc 125. Just wondering if anyone has been contacted for the oral boards yet.

Comment

• Its going to happen according to the merit board. There will be another class in october from what I heard. Not sure if ISP will use the current list or pull from the new announcement. Im sure more information will be discussed the next board meeting (sometime in April). If ISP is starting another testing in the summer then it would start accepting applications at least by either next month or in may.

Comment

• What's the ISP written test like ?

I was told there's a lot of math.

was just curious. Math is my worse subject!

Comment

• when i took it, it had a ton of math. start practicing long division.

Comment

• It'll be a public safety test. So if you have taken one of those you should be ready.
                  "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• There was no math on the last test.

Comment

• Not a big deal, but the only problem I've had on the practice/CPD exams was the face recognition part. Where they show the badly graphic animated faces and ask which one is similar/different.

Comment

• Hello, ladies and gents. I know it has been asked before but I just heard it recently so I wanted to throw it back out there. A friend of a friend said that he heard ISP may be doing another fast track academy for guys that are already officers. Has anyone out there heard anything similar (preferably from a credible source)? Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
                          Hello, ladies and gents. I know it has been asked before but I just heard it recently so I wanted to throw it back out there. A friend of a friend said that he heard ISP may be doing another fast track academy for guys that are already officers. Has anyone out there heard anything similar (preferably from a credible source)? Thanks again.
                          When was the first one?

Comment

• To the best of my knowledge the last one was between late 2003-2004 I think. I do not know for sure, but I know there were plenty of people (attached to the ISP, from troopers on up) who did not care for the fast track program for a variety of reasons. I would be fairly shocked if they go that route again. Since then each class has graduated at least 5-10 prior police officers, so I wouldn't say the additional 12 weeks is holding everyone back.

Who doesn't want to spend 26 weeks in Springfield?!?!

Comment

• The fastrack program would be nice, but I was also told by someone that it probably wouldn't happen again.

Comment

• You guys could call the merit board and just try and find out. They'll tell you what's going on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5558 users online. 294 members and 5264 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X