Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you very much !! Hopefully i can get this squared away on time.

Comment

• How difficult are the test and EVOC that people fail them? Are there a lot of failures?

Comment

• I cant speak to the current written tests, because they changed the format from when my class went through. However, I didn't think "phase" exams as they were called then were difficult and no one out of my class failed one.

I'll never be able to understand how anyone fails EVOC. Unless you have never driven before in your life, or live in the city and take public transportation 99% of the time, you'll be just fine.

Can you back up while maneuvering the steering wheel with one hand? Can you parallel park? If you can't you get four full days of practice before you are tested on it.

Comment

• Any idea of when the next test is?

Comment

• I am wondering the same thing. I keep checking the Merit Board's webite weekly.

Comment

• They are pulling at least one more class from the current applicant pool. Backgrounds will start next month. So, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

Comment

• So is 2014 even a possibility for a test or is it looking more like 2015?

Comment

• I would guess if there is it would be late this year, or possibly early next year. A class is slated to begin the first Sunday of February and if they hold to the recent timeline another will start before that class graduates. If you do the math that could mean a 3rd class during 2014, likely starting in the Oct/Nov range.

Nothing above is concrete or even in the works except the start date of CC-124 in February, it is purely MY SPECULATION.

Comment

• According to Mrs. Webster over at the Merit Board, the current eligibility list will be extended passed the one year mark which would've been next month until June of next year. So a fourth class "CC-125" has already been in the works for June & candidates will be notified next month sometime. She also stated that there were approximately a little over 400 potential candidates left on the list following the third selection of candidates. So with that being said, following next months selections of approximately 120-130 that would leave more than enough for an additional class "CC-126" later on in the year. Which is probably another reason why they've extended the list until June of next year….that's when candidates for CC-123 that started last month were notified.

So just as TFC stated above, all we can do is SPECULATE and HOPE that things will continue to follow in the same pattern. I hope that this tad bit of information puts some of you that are as eager as I am to join ISP at ease for the time being.

Happy Holidays

Comment

• Thanks for the information. Is there a study guide for the written exam?

Comment

• Np & yes, there was a study guide and practice exam for purchase via email by the Public Safety Recruitment's website. They we're in charge of our application process up until the exams. So...I'm not sure if the next exam will be the same format and etc as ours, hope this helps.
                        Last edited by FN PS90; 12-23-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• CC #124 check your emails!!

Comment

• Anyone else scheduled for the psych test on orientation day?

Comment

• What is ISP's policy on tattoos?

Comment

• I don't think there is an official policy, because I have seen troopers with tattoos down to their wrist and even some with neck tats. There could be a policy that I am unaware of, but I don't think so.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4087 users online. 215 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X