300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
    You will if everything on the application was submitted correctly. Good luck to ya and hope WE make it to CC120 late this year. ;-)
    Good luck to all of you too... I wonder what "districts" are in need of officers. I know i'm thinking way ahead of the game but Illinois is quite the large state... hope i could get on and stay near chicago. We can all wish can't we?

Comment

• Originally posted by chavo60 View Post
      Good luck to all of you too... I wonder what "districts" are in need of officers. I know i'm thinking way ahead of the game but Illinois is quite the large state... hope i could get on and stay near chicago. We can all wish can't we?
      As I understand it, the Districts around and including Chicago are usually the ones that need the majority of the new Troopers. Even if you look at the disbursement of the class that just concluded this is true. Good luck to all of you as well.

Comment

• Anyone know what exam they use? public safety recruitment recommended a study guide... anyone use it or recommend any others? Not sure if its worth purchasing or if its just some kind of gimmick.

Thanks all

Comment

• The practice exam is the exact same version as the one used for testing.

Comment

• I have submitted my application as well and I will be taking the exam up at Northlake on June 5th and I am from southern Illinois.. If I do get accepted, hopefully late 2011, and I am jumpin the gun as well here but you all can have the north districts and I will take anything in souther Illinois.. No offense to the north but my wife and kid live down here.. Good luck to you all !!!

BURNIE

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
              I have submitted my application as well and I will be taking the exam up at Northlake on June 5th and I am from southern Illinois.. If I do get accepted, hopefully late 2011, and I am jumpin the gun as well here but you all can have the north districts and I will take anything in souther Illinois.. No offense to the north but my wife and kid live down here.. Good luck to you all !!!

BURNIE
              I don't mean to burst any bubble, but just want to give you a fair warning.......through my internship I have met MANY people that are currently up North originally from the South and Central Illinois. As far as I know, if/when there are any openings in Districts, Troopers that are already with ISP that have transfer paperwork in receive those spots first. I think it's a safe bet that if hired, you will find yourself up North for a few years. I hope you are one of the lucky ones that gets to go back home! Good luck in the process!

Comment

• One of my friends is a trooper and told me that the transfers get first dibs so that wasnt a surprise and I understand that I will probably be up north for a year atleast but I am hoping that they will have something in southern Illinois if I am one of the lucky ones chosen...

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
                  One of my friends is a trooper and told me that the transfers get first dibs so that wasnt a surprise and I understand that I will probably be up north for a year atleast but I am hoping that they will have something in southern Illinois if I am one of the lucky ones chosen...
                  Policy is that new Troops have to spend 2 years in their first district before they can transfer. That is pretty well followed. There have been some rare exceptions where the director has authorized clearing the transfer list and letting those with less than 2 years transfer early but I can only think of that happening 2 or 3 times. Don't expect it. Plan for at least 2 years. At least 2.
                  Even after 2 years doesn't mean a Troop will be allowed to transfer. It still requires the in-bound district to be selected as a district to get additional Troops. Every district is short Troops but that doesn't mean every district will get Troops. Other districts may need Troops more so those districts will get bodies first.
                  Also, there's a transfer list for each district and a person is placed on the list in the order of their request. Depending on which district the Troop wants to transfer to there could be a long list of in-bound requests. A Troop would have to wait for those ahead of him get their transfers. No one knows how long that could be. Could be the 2 years. Could be 4 or 5 years.
                  Don't plan on transferring like one of my boot Troops did several years ago. He had been on the job 1 year. Back then the policy was a new Troop had to spend 1 year in their first district. I got called by a Sgt who was letting me know that Trooper "A" was moving out of the district to another district about 150 miles away. I had not seen any paperwork authorizing his transfer and Personnel didn't have any record of his transfer. I stopped by to see him and he had his house nearly completely packed. I asked him if he had gotten transfer papers because I hadn't seen any. He said he had not but he was told at the academy that they could transfer after being in their first district 1 year so he was moving. He learned that things just didn't happen that way. It took him about another 1.5 years before his transfer came thru.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

• Good luck all on the process ... it is def. worth the wait for this job. We need more troopers out on the road, esp with all the older guys/girls retiring that have done their time with this amazing department. Keep the head up and stay in shape.

Comment

• Thanks a million ISPCAPT and Police13 for all the info and encouragement! I have been waiting for the past year and had to watch the last class move on without me. God is Great n God is good! I thank Him for another chance to live my dream! People, TRUST me when I say from my personal experience that you must take EACH step of this process seriously! REAL TALK! Not only getting in shape with real miles ran on the GROUND and not on the treadmill. Keep your nose clean and stay prepared as if the test is going on tomorrow. Not only that but work on core and upper body to be able to excel during fitness time. Always try harder than yesterday and never, I mean NEVER think you are OK with where you are at. When you settle, you lose. I have found out the hard way that each step of the process is no joke. I have made running and working out a lifestyle instead of a task that I have to do in order to pass a test. You have to approach ISP with maturity. I could've given up but God allowed me to remain focused and keep that ISP taste in my mouth. I have tried to get into other LE agencies but would have left them whenever ISP accepted me. ISP demands the most out of you and thats what I need in my life! Stay focused, good luck to all and NEVER settle for where you are at right now with your training. Peace n hair grease!

Comment

• App Question

Hey everyone...

I have been reading through the posts, a lot of great info! I have a quick application question since it is quite different (requiring more info) compared to the one from the previous app process. Under the "Driving History" it asks you..."Have you ever had any moving violations in your entire driving history?" I had as many others I am sure, the question is how can I check to make sure I am listing all of them and the most recent? Do I call the Secretary of State or is there another way I can pull my record? I don't want to forget anything or list the wrong dates which could work against me in the future. Thanks!

Comment

• You goto your local DMV and ask them for a DETAILED abstract. The one they usually give shows a blank abstract unless you have a driving conviction. If they dont provide you with details then go with your memory as best as you can. Just be honest and that carries you a loooooong way! After all, its the MERIT board, thus honesty is always merit. Good luck and hope you make it buddy!

Comment

• Does anyone know if it matters that the required docs be sent seperately from the Birth certificate/license docs?

Comment

• Anybody in the BI for class 119 heard anything yet? I received an e-mail on March 28th stating that I have advanced to the background portion of the process; however, the e-mail also stated that the background review is scheduled for May 10th. So I am just a little worried considering May 10th is around the corner, because I have not received a call from a background investigator yet.

Comment

• You may want to email or call the merit board and inquire about your status. Theres no way else to find out except to wait n see. Hope you make it buddy because from what Im told this is the best gig around!

I saw one of my buddies who graduated from CC109 on I-294(Distrct15) at the Halsted toll exit last Thursday. I play bball with him but saw him for the very 1st time in his complete gear n Smokey! Boy was that inspirational...was actually on my way to the gym to run n lift. I ran my *** off that day as if it were the actual test! LOL. Im just charged up and am READY to test...wish we could test tomorrow but I know patience is key. Again good luck to everyone who is SERIOUS about ISP!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2932 users online. 209 members and 2723 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X