300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
    All it means is for now he did not progress to medical and vision testing. The Merit Board certifies candidates and then passes them onto the state police. MY BEST GUESS (and this is my opinion only) is that the top 80 or so were sent to medical and if you happened to fall below that cut line he will likely go back into the pool. Alternates for CC122 will go through the medical and vision testing at the same time as everyone else just in case they are needed if people drop out. If you are invited to orientation, but then don't receive a start date, you are likely an alternate. Unless he can get clarification from someone involved in the hiring process, it sounds like either something came up during testing or he is going back into the pool for CC123.
    ISPTPR22
    You were spot on. He found out more information. 80 of the 92 were certified and 60+ were sent to medical/vision. The extra are alternates for 122. The remaining certified along with any unneeded alternates will go into pool for CC123.

Thanks you were very helpful.

Comment

• Do any of you know if we are immediately informed whether we passed the vision/medical exams? And if for some reason we didn't pass the vision/medical exams do you know if we are given the opportunity to retake them before the ISP orientation?

The reason I ask is because I went for my eye exam on April 30th, 2013 and the eye doctor said I did not pass one part of the eye exam. I immediately emailed the merit board regarding my failed eye exam but they never replied back. I then emailed the ISP academy coordinator and she said she was going to talk with the eye doctor regarding my eye exam and email me back and I have not received a response from her yet.

The ISP orientation is scheduled for this Thursday, May 9th, 2013 and as a result of failing one part of the eye exam I don't know if I am still being considered as a candidate for the ISP academy. In addition, I am not sure if I am still allowed to attend the ISP orientation scheduled for May 9th as a result of failing one part of the eye exam.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

-Kaiser

Comment

• Questions Regarding Vision/Medical Exams

Do any of you know if we are immediately informed whether we passed the vision/medical exams? And if for some reason we didn't pass the vision/medical exams do you know if we are given the opportunity to retake them before the ISP orientation?

The reason I ask is because I went for my eye exam on April 30th, 2013 and the eye doctor said I did not pass one part of the eye exam. I immediately emailed the merit board regarding my failed eye exam but they never replied back. I then emailed the ISP academy coordinator and she said she was going to talk with the eye doctor regarding my eye exam and email me back and I have not received a response from her yet.

The ISP orientation is scheduled for this Thursday, May 9th, 2013 and as a result of failing one part of the eye exam I don't know if I am still being considered as a candidate for the ISP academy. In addition, I am not sure if I am still allowed to attend the ISP orientation scheduled for May 9th as a result of failing one part of the eye exam.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

-Kaiser

Comment

• I'd still go to orientation Kaiser. I got my eye exam tomorrow.

Comment

• What time and when/where was everyone's medical?
            "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
              What time and when/where was everyone's medical?
              Medical on 5/2, vision was today.
              You going to be at orientation on thursday 383897?

Comment

• My medical was Friday and vision today. The eye doc told me I passed my vision with flying colors. I'm looking forward to orientation on Thursday. See you then.

Comment

• Can't say i'm a fan of the new design.[/QUOTE]

2013-1.jpg
                  2013-2.jpg
                  2013-3.jpg

Comment

• My vision exam was April 30th, 2013.
                    My medical was May 1st, 2013.

Comment

• CC123 tentatively scheduled to start early to mid September of 2013.

Comment

• Would backgrounds likely begin in late June/early July for CC123?

Comment

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky few in CC123.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                            CC123 tentatively scheduled to start early to mid September of 2013.
                            How did you find out? If you are right they should start doing backgrounds anytime soon. Good luck guys hopefully we can make this cut...

Comment

• Originally posted by sims View Post
                              How did you find out? If you are right they should start doing backgrounds anytime soon. Good luck guys hopefully we can make this cut...
                              A little birdie told me. You can either trust me or assume I'm full of BS, doesn't bother me either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKruegs View Post
                                It's a pride thing. It separates you from the rest. It's kinda like if you were to call a Marine a "soldier". You work hard for the distinction and don't want average joe citizen to group you in with the "commoners". It's like you work hard for straight A's and someone messes up your transcripts and says you were a B or C student. Thats the best way to explain it.
                                No offense to you, BKruegs, but to even clarify your own clarification, Law Enforcement is Law Enforcement. By No Means is a Trooper to be compared to your comparison to an "A" student and other municipal police to be compared to "B" or "C" students. That right there is a disgrace to this entire community. Police are Police... Get it right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3327 users online. 238 members and 3089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X