Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what did you fail, did you ask? Would they not disclose what part you failed? I would have asked the guy a bunch of questions there, and absolutely call the merit board to ask for a re-evaluation. I would want to know on the spot what I failed and how to correct it.

Comment

• Hey "383897" thanks for the information. I am definitely going to email the merit board and see what they say.

The eye doctor said it was a pretty cut and dry "pass or fail" eye exam. The eye doctor also said I was not color blind instead he said I failed the "depth test."

The "depth test" is similar to looking at a picture with a hologram in it. When you move the picture the hologram moves closer or farther away almost 3-D like. There were a total of 10 pictures with holograms and I was able to correctly select the first 7 holograms correctly but I struggled with the last 3 pictures because the holograms progressively go from "easy to see," to "hard to see," to "very difficult to see."

What I still cannot understand is that the eye doctor said that even if I got eye glasses, contacts and Lasik Surgery I still wouldn't pass that one specific part of the eye exam so whether I have good vision or not and whether I corrected my eye vision or not I am still out of luck.

Tomorrow I have my medical exam and all I need now is for the doctor to tell me that my skin is too orange from eating lots of "orangy" fruits and veggies and that my low body fat percentage (5%) is unhealthy.

-Kaiser

Comment

• Don't worry my freind failed the depth perception too actually.
        "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• If you got the last 3 wrong and all the others correct, that would give you a score of 40 sec of arc at 16", which a passing score is 50 sec of arc. So you should have passed.

Edit:
          Read ISPTPR22's post below.
          Last edited by RMM; 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• You are beyond the merit board phase at this point. You would need to contact the person who scheduled your medical and vision testing. That person used to be Sharon White, but I dont know if she is still doing it, or someone else is. As 383897 said, there have been people who "failed" a portion of the vision who still made the academy after seeing another eye doctor or getting some clarification from their own doctor.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
              Question for those of you in the know...I am also conditionally appointed to Cadet Class #122. I have a forearm tattoo and was wondering if I should cover it (I purchased a skin colored sleeve) for the academy or let it be visible. I am assuming that we will be in short sleeves at some point and of course I have been wearing a suit to every mandatory event up to now. I was in the military and understand the rule "if it wasn't issued, don't wear it." I was planning on letting it show until I was told to cover it but thought I would seek advice first. It's not a distasteful tattoo and I did disclose it on the initial application.
              Thanks for any help.
              Renee

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbieBlue512 View Post
                Hello everyone,
                Question for those of you in the know...I am also conditionally appointed to Cadet Class #122. I have a forearm tattoo and was wondering if I should cover it (I purchased a skin colored sleeve) for the academy or let it be visible. I am assuming that we will be in short sleeves at some point and of course I have been wearing a suit to every mandatory event up to now. I was in the military and understand the rule "if it wasn't issued, don't wear it." I was planning on letting it show until I was told to cover it but thought I would seek advice first. It's not a distasteful tattoo and I did disclose it on the initial application.
                Thanks for any help.
                Renee
                no one in my class had to cover up their tattoos. there was one who had subtle gang tats on their neck and no one said anything about it. lots of guys had arm tattoos, no one wore a sleeve.

Comment

• What happens if one passes the medical, vision and attends orientation only to not get picked up for the academy? Would thy have a chance for the next one?
                  "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• What does it mean if you were Certified by the Merit Board but do not get a letter for the medical exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud Uncle View Post
                      What does it mean if you were Certified by the Merit Board but do not get a letter for the medical exam?
                      You should have gotten a phone call from ISP, then an email with letter attached shortly after.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEready View Post
                        You should have gotten a phone call from ISP, then an email with letter attached shortly after.
                        And then you were supposed to call or email confirming the med/vision and going to orientation.................. last week.

Comment

• Let me be a little more clearer from my post #1645.

My nephew received the email stating he was Certified on April 19. According to the sheet the Merit Board handed out, he was supposed to recieve a letter/email for his medical/vision test by April 26. When he didn't recieve notification he called Julie Webster at the Merit Board on Monday, April 29. She took his name & number. On Tuesday morning, an ISP Sgt called him and informed him that he was not on the list for medical/vision testing. My nephew asked if there was some sort of mistake and the Sgt said no mistake.

He has made several calls and cannot get a clear answer as to his standing.

So what does Certification mean, if you're not going to the exams for Class 122. Is he considered an alternate should anyone drop out? Does anyone know what his status is? Where does this leave him?

Thanks guys,

Concerned Uncle

Comment

• All it means is for now he did not progress to medical and vision testing. The Merit Board certifies candidates and then passes them onto the state police. MY BEST GUESS (and this is my opinion only) is that the top 80 or so were sent to medical and if you happened to fall below that cut line he will likely go back into the pool. Alternates for CC122 will go through the medical and vision testing at the same time as everyone else just in case they are needed if people drop out. If you are invited to orientation, but then don't receive a start date, you are likely an alternate. Unless he can get clarification from someone involved in the hiring process, it sounds like either something came up during testing or he is going back into the pool for CC123.

Comment

• When do you get your official hiring notice? Is it at Orientation or afterwards?

1 or 2 weeks left until we all know our statuses as a future Cadet!

Comment

• After orientation. The academy will start on a Sunday, we found out about 10 days prior, I think on a Tuesday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3707 users online. 252 members and 3455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X