Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not questioning your knowledge Que Dog 7 but 300-500 seems kind of low for number of people to apply for ISP at one time.. I was thinking it would be somewhere in the neiborhood of 1000-2000...

From the last post it looks like they are getting ready to start CC#119.. So hopefully we will test in June and they will start another class before the end of the year..

Comment

• Que Dog7: When the minutes said only 566 applicants were invited, did that mean that was the amount of applicants that met the minimum criteria or do they pre-scan applications and could you be thrown out immediately?

Thanks

Comment

• No problem Burnie. No harm meant, no offense taken. But as I can see you did confirm the number of applicants. Believe it or not, from what I have seen and heard, there's never been 1000 to 2000 applicants. They "pre-screen" based off of informing you the pre-requisites for even applying. Now that anyone applying who doesn't have LE experience or Military experience(and they are even strict about that) must have a Bachelor's degree. That in itself cancels out a bunch of people before they even click on the link to apply. So in essence, the numbers decrease drastically with such strict requirements. Just "any-old-body" can't apply which gives you a higher grade of candidates, I guess. But on the flipside, there can still be people who aren't appropriate for the agency in the long run and they slip through the cracks. So although no program is perfect, ISP sure as heck produce a whole heck of alotta great Troopers than bad! If your application makes it through and you're invited to test, you passed the pre-scan buddy. Good luck to ya ;-)

Comment

• Thanks for the info Que Dog7.. I do not have any Military or LE experience but I have a bachelors degree in Finance and Business Mgmt.. @ dream jobs are ISP and Conservation Police and finally its the right time in my life to apply for one of them.. Hopefully everything is falling into place.. Thanks for answering my questions, I am sure I will have more

One more thing Que Dog7 or anyone for that matter, Typically will they have 2 CC going on at the same time, if CC 119 does start this summer, will CC120 possibly start before end of the year or close thereafter, especially with all of the retirements coming up in the next few years?

Thanks, BURNY
          Last edited by burniebb27; 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• On average, how many times does ISP accept applications? Once a year?

Comment

• Its averaging about once or twice. All depends on when another Cadet Class is being formulated. Generally they won't test until a class is scheduled. Last year however they tested on Jan23 and May15 but had only one class. It all depends on the budget and Quinn's OK.
              This year they are trying to have 2 classes. Who knows when they will happen because things can slow down as quick as it picked up. I truly hope they have 2 classes this year. That would be great! Just not sure though. Im just glad they are testing again! 1 step at a time! LOL

Comment

• they are starting my BI for class 119. any tips for the oral interview?
                Last edited by Josjua1; 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by loyolapd
                  If you are hired by ISP, do you still have to go through PTI if you went through another academy?
                  ISP has their own paramilitary live-in academy. They do not use PTI. Also on a side note, last I heard, the state pulled funding for PTI and it will be closing sometime in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by corona11 View Post
                    ISP has their own paramilitary live-in academy. They do not use PTI. Also on a side note, last I heard, the state pulled funding for PTI and it will be closing sometime in the near future.
                    If I recall it wasn't an issue of the state pulling the funding, but that the state never provided any funding besides the initial start up money and now that departments are slowing their hiring UIUC doesn't want to be burdened with the operating costs anymore.

Comment

• What is PTI??? just curious

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
                        What is PTI??? just curious

Thanks

http://www.pti.uiuc.edu/

Comment

• Submitted my application and just mailed the release forms... hope I get invited in for the June test.

Comment

• You will if everything on the application was submitted correctly. Good luck to ya and hope WE make it to CC120 late this year. ;-)

Comment

• Just need to submit my forms. Are you guys taking the test up North or in Springfield? Although I'm from the suburbs, I'll be taking it in Springfield. About to complete my internship with them; how smooth of a transition would that be!

Comment

• I'll be at North Lake. Just make sure you score well on the written because it means alot in the ISP process. Hope things go well for ya bigguy. Hope we ALL make it to CC120!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 175 members and 2262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X