Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, failing the PFIT twice (Monday and Thursday) gets you fired. Other than that, getting stopped doing 107 mph on your way to the academy by a Trooper is another recent example.

Most of the people that will leave the first week will be quitters. People who don't like that the academy isn't like mommy and daddy's house and people dare to yell at them. Having said that, if you cant take TAC officers yelling at you about making 90 degree corners or keeping your eyes forward, please do quit.

Comment

• I'm thinking late fall early 2014...

Comment

• I am glad things are moving along for everyone in the process, like ISPTPR22 mentioned there are few more steps before the check in day! Make sure you are on top of your game. For those of you that did not wear suits or shined your shoes to the orals, if by chance you do make it to orientation and then to check in day, please correct yourself and come prepared, you will save yourself a lot of unwanted attention.

You will be given a list of items at orientation that will be required for check in day. Do not wait till the last week to get them, especially the uniform. You do not want to show up day one without the required items. Depending on what this class will require, I do have few uniforms that I could help someone with.

If you guys have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out for help. There are a great number of Troopers on this forum that are willing to help. Good luck, June is right around the corner!

Comment

• Thanks jasiuplguy..........shooting you a PM.

Got my call earlier scheduling my medical, vision, and orientation. June 2nd is coming up fast!

Edit:
          Just got an email I failed eligibility, freaked out, but then it said it was from CPD (i turned 40 in sept)............holy heart palpatations.
          Last edited by RMM; 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Do all of you conditional cadets have FOID cards? Because I don't, should I apply for it ASAP?

Comment

• Originally posted by mkeats25 View Post
              Do all of you conditional cadets have FOID cards? Because I don't, should I apply for it ASAP?
              Yes.

Comment

• I've never understood people who apply to be the police in this state, wait to get a FOID until the very last minute . . .

Yes, get a FOID, you can not own/buy a firearm or ammo without it. And at this point, you are looking at a good few months before you'll even receive it due to the overwhelming amount the past few months. Hopefully you'll get it in time if you send it ASAP.

Comment

• Get going with the FOID, my brother just got his and it took about 3 months.

Just got my certification letter in my email too. All set to go.

Comment

• Why should recruits buy the equipment on the list given at orientation if its not guaranteed that one will be appointed to the academy.
                    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• While I agree you should probably already have a FOID card, if you do not have one when you start the academy its not a huge deal. They will get you the necessary forms and submit the application for you. However, as was stated, you cannot buy ammo or transport firearms in the state of IL without a FOID card.

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                        Why should recruits buy the equipment on the list given at orientation if its not guaranteed that one will be appointed to the academy.
                        First, its Cadet, not recruit. Second, you dont have to buy it, but then again you run the risk of not having the correct stuff when the academy starts. We are not talking about buying a Glock, this is 5 gray t shirts, a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants, etc etc. Almost everything can be returned the next day if you find out you were not selected so long as you keep your receipts.

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                          Why should recruits buy the equipment on the list given at orientation if its not guaranteed that one will be appointed to the academy.
                          It's Cadet indeed, and it's a privilege to be called a Cadet.
                          Cadets are a completely different breed than the recruits down there.

Don't be the one that shows up to Check-In Day not having every last thing on that list.
                          Last edited by Torched; 04-26-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• I have to ask a question . . . What is the big thing with ISP calling their recruits "Cadets" and everyone else calling their recruits, "Recruits"? Is there a specific meaning behind it that I don't know? ISP recruits from what I've seen take it personal if they are called recruits. Even ISPTPR22 made the distinct correction. What's the difference here? We are all becoming the police regardless of the "Probationary" or Academy title?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                              I have to ask a question . . . What is the big thing with ISP calling their recruits "Cadets" and everyone else calling their recruits, "Recruits"? Is there a specific meaning behind it that I don't know? ISP recruits from what I've seen take it personal if they are called recruits. Even ISPTPR22 made the distinct correction. What's the difference here? We are all becoming the police regardless of the "Probationary" or Academy title?
                              It's a pride thing. It separates you from the rest. It's kinda like if you were to call a Marine a "soldier". You work hard for the distinction and don't want average joe citizen to group you in with the "commoners". It's like you work hard for straight A's and someone messes up your transcripts and says you were a B or C student. Thats the best way to explain it.
                              Last edited by BKruegs; 04-26-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Recruits are what local officers are called at basic LE school.
                                Cadets are what the ISP call their new hires to be Troops.
                                183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 336 members and 4954 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X