• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
    Congratulations bro!!!
    Thanks Sheepdog54!

Comment

• W all the rain. Ppl prob dident show up.
      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
        W all the rain. Ppl prob dident show up.
        What the hell is this crap?

Comment

• Oh man! I'm sorry if I have offended you by using a shortcut to spelling on a message board.

Comment

W all the rain. Ppl prob dident show up.
            It didn't seem like it, there were a LOT of people there for interviews.

But, please people.................... WEAR A SUIT AND POLISH YOUR SHOES TO YOUR INTERVIEWS!

Comment

• Sounds good! Good luck RMM.

Comment

• Good Luck everybody!

Comment

• I've talked to at least 6 people in the process that stated they passed the interview. I'm guessing that everyone passed the oral board and will eventually get their chance at the academy.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone that passed the interview. My buddy at work also passed and I'm just a little jealous!! Can't wait for the next testing process to open up again!!!

Comment

I'm guessing that everyone passed the oral board and will eventually get their chance at the academy.
                      Not true.

Additionally, just to offer some clarity, just because you were "certified to the director of the state police" does NOT mean you are a go for the academy class in June. You need to pass your medical and vision (which isn't a sure thing for everyone) and then you will be brought down for orientation. My class had at least 8 who came to orientation who did not start the academy with us. Two were bounced for injuries they failed to disclose earlier in the process and the other 6 became alternates for our class. All of the alternates for our class got a shot after we lost 6 the first week.

I dont want to **** on anyone's parade, but until you get the letter that says, congrats, report to the academy on June 2 (or whatever day they decide) you have not been hired.

Also, now would be a great time to drive the speed limit and follow every law to a T. You dont want to be the cadet who has had a recent police contact on day 1 at the academy.

Comment

• Just to clarify. Is it true that if you get invited to orientation that does not mean you are hired?

Comment

Just to clarify. Is it true that if you get invited to orientation that does not mean you are hired?
                          Well yes, orientation is a mandatory event. If you don't show up, you will not get a letter appointing you to the academy.

Comment

Just to clarify. Is it true that if you get invited to orientation that does not mean you are hired?
                            Correct. Likely 10% of the people at the orientation will not be hired (at least not immediately). Most who are not hired will likely be put into the alternate pool for when people drop out or get fired the first week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                              Correct. Likely 10% of the people at the orientation will not be hired (at least not immediately). Most who are not hired will likely be put into the alternate pool for when people drop out or get fired the first week.
                              How does one get fired from the Academy the first week? Failing the PFIT? I could understand dropping out, just seems odd people would be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexSpets View Post
                                How does one get fired from the Academy the first week? Failing the PFIT? I could understand dropping out, just seems odd people would be fired.
                                What Julie stated, was that cadets take the PFIT that Monday, if you fail, you have until Thursday to pass. If you don't pass it by then, academy is over for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5392 users online. 341 members and 5051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X