Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the uptate. I hope your source is right. let us know if you hear anything...

Originally posted by IDOCTANN View Post
    I wanted to update Individuals that have not been contacted via email or regular mail. I was informed today letters or emails for everyone that are moving forward or have moved forward with BI's was sent out 2-3 weeks ago. If you haven't received one of those letters or emails you will not be included in CC122. Letters have not been sent as of yet indicating if your in or out of the eligibility pool for CC123 consideration but will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Those that have moved forward in the hiring process, CONGRATS! Those of us that didn't make the cut, it's not over until it's over. CC123 could come a knocking so hold your heads high and keep working hard. Put in the work and eventually results will follow. Info is solid, once again CONGRATS! on everyone moving forward and GOD BLESS!

Comment

• I was told today they would like 3 classes in the next fiscal year (Which begins July 1)

Comment

• Anyone in the background process from the Springfield test and/or located in Southern Illinois. Just curious.

Comment

• I just received a letter today from the Merit Board stating I am in the eligibility pool. So check your mailboxes, I'm sure more letters will be received soon by others here.

Question regarding future classes: If three classes are anticipated to be approved in the State budget for FY '14, would the selection process be ramped up prior to July? How many concurrent classes can the academy handle?

Comment

• I also received a letter in the mail stating I was added to the eligibility pool.. So they have definitely started sending them out

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
              Question regarding future classes: If three classes are anticipated to be approved in the State budget for FY '14, would the selection process be ramped up prior to July? How many concurrent classes can the academy handle?
              I'd be shocked if they ever had 3 cadet classes present at the same time, way too many moving parts and the academy is understaffed (as is almost everywhere else within the ISP). Right now there are two cadet classes and a recruit (local officers) class and it seemed crazy when I was there two weeks ago.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST SPECULATION BASED OFF A RUMORED 3 CLASSES IN THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR. I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ANY OF THIS IS FACTUAL, JUST DOING A LOGISTICAL BREAKDOWN.

If you do a little math based off of when the current classes will graduate, I'd guess they could/would start another class in Sept/Oct 2013, Dec 13/Jan 14 and April/May 14. Those dates would not cause the academy to hold any more than two cadet classes at once.

Based off the timing of every other background that has been done the last 5 classes, a candidate for a hypothetical Sept/Oct 13 (cc123) background would likely begin about 3-4 months before the class would start. They are still working on cc122 backgrounds now with an anticipated June start date. Somewhere in the area of 120-130 were sent to backgrounds for cc122, with a likely class around 60 cadets.

Comment

• Thank you for the info.

Comment

• got my letter also..being in the pool is a good thing!

Comment

• I like your speculation, however did you take into consideration another test date? I could see another test Sept 13/Nov 13 for a apr 14/may 14 class, july 14/aug 14 class, and dec 14/jan 15 class. I know another testing will be held and I am assuming it would be nearly the same time this year.. ISPTPR22 when would you guesstimate the next test in your speculation? Again, thanks and great info!

Comment

• Question to throw out there: I'm in the middle of the background with ISP and they wanted information as to what current police eligibility lists I'm on, the # I'm at on them, and what I have completed with each list. Now, when they call the different departments, are all they doing is verifying if I'm on their list, as to if I am telling them the truth being on that list or not, or can and/ or do they talk about other stuff?

I have been told that all they can do is verify your status on the list, and cannot give or ask for any further information from the other departments/ lists.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoGetter_ View Post
                        Question to throw out there: I'm in the middle of the background with ISP and they wanted information as to what current police eligibility lists I'm on, the # I'm at on them, and what I have completed with each list. Now, when they call the different departments, are all they doing is verifying if I'm on their list, as to if I am telling them the truth being on that list or not, or can and/ or do they talk about other stuff?

I have been told that all they can do is verify your status on the list, and cannot give or ask for any further information from the other departments/ lists.
                        Who told you the BI can't ask or get other info from other depts?
                        It's called a background investigation for a reason. Your background is investigated. A good BI will check on things you aren't even thinking about.
                        Just provide the info requested and let them do their job. If you withhold anything you might as well save everyone a lot of work and sign the form telling them you're withdrawing.
                        183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                          Who told you the BI can't ask or get other info from other depts?
                          It's called a background investigation for a reason. Your background is investigated. A good BI will check on things you aren't even thinking about.
                          Just provide the info requested and let them do their job. If you withhold anything you might as well save everyone a lot of work and sign the form telling them you're withdrawing.
                          ^ This.
                          Had my home visit yesterday. Went really well (at least it felt like it did to me! haha).

The troopers stated MANY times, the BIGGEST thing for ISP is Integrity and Honesty! If you lie, you're done!

I'm praying we all make it to the interview phase!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoGetter_ View Post
                            Question to throw out there: I'm in the middle of the background with ISP and they wanted information as to what current police eligibility lists I'm on, the # I'm at on them, and what I have completed with each list. Now, when they call the different departments, are all they doing is verifying if I'm on their list, as to if I am telling them the truth being on that list or not, or can and/ or do they talk about other stuff?

What is your concern? No one cares how many lists you are or aren't on. What they/we do care about is your integrity. Be honest and you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

• These letters stand for two things, I'm hoping you can figure out the first, but here is the second:

I- INTEGRITY
                              S- SERVICE
                              P- PRIDE

Every trooper who came before you had those burned into their mind and so will the ones who come after you.

Comment

• Just joined this site yesterday. Also got a letter a week ago stating i was in the eligibility pool for ISP. Was a little discouraged that I wasn't in the running for the first group for the academy, but hopefully I will be getting a call from them sooner or later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4880 users online. 297 members and 4583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X