300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMM View Post
    I'll be happy to just make it onto ISP, I'd be proud to drive a '74 Pinto with an old school lightbar.
    Until you'd find out it had 434,435 miles, the radio was a paper cup with string and if you wanted a siren, you'd have to stick your head out the window and scream, lol

Comment

I'll be happy to just make it onto ISP, I'd be proud to drive a '74 Pinto with an old school lightbar.
      I dunno about that... But I would take a '08 Vic with 120,000 miles on it like I've seen in D-Chgo.

Comment

• Originally posted by amuzz01 View Post
        New to this thread. Does anyone know if family is allowed to come with to the academy? Like hotel, etc.? Or is it pretty much kick your family and newborn to the curb for the next couple of months until graduation? Thanks
        Employment is optional. If you want the job, you will do what you have to do. All of us have done things we didn't like or want to do during the hiring process, academy and "on the job".

Comment

• Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
          Until you'd find out it had 434,435 miles, the radio was a paper cup with string and if you wanted a siren, you'd have to stick your head out the window and scream, lol
          LOL. I'll twirl the flashlight outside the window also while screaming.

Amuzz - There have been countless other people that went through the academy with newborns, married, etc.......... I believe you can leave the base on the weekends (pending discipline during the week I'm sure?).

Comment

There have been countless other people that went through the academy with newborns, married, etc.......... I believe you can leave the base on the weekends (pending discipline during the week I'm sure?).
            We had 4 people who became fathers while in the academy with another 5 who had pregnant wives who gave birth soon thereafter. They were all gone from the academy for 1-2 days (at the most) and most were not present for the birth.

The only other reason you can/will be allowed to leave during the week is for the death of a family member or significant sickness (likely hospitalization). Obviously nothing is absolute but you are there to learn and train and your family takes a backseat from Sunday night to Friday night at the expense of the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
              Employment is optional. If you want the job, you will do what you have to do. All of us have done things we didn't like or want to do during the hiring process, academy and "on the job".
              Let's relax with the ignorant comments and sarcasm. It was a question worth asking to prepare my family, in most academies you do not live there and get to go home every night. I'm prior military and know what it's like to leave my family through bootcamp and numerous deployments so I'm not asking to complain or vent about it, it was a serious question.

Comment

Background Investigations have started. Talked to my BI on the phone this morning.
                Has anyone else spoke to their BI for this process?

Comment

• Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
                  Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities cupcake. Most lax people don't like my attitude, good. But I expect people, and organizations, to operate on the same level they preach at. Don't like what I have to say? I really could care less, god bless America.

Let's try to keep this thread on track too, if you want to whine about people take it to PMs, i will be more than willing to have a conversation with you there.

ISPCAPT said it correctly ... I am sure you won't step off the porch to play with the big dogs. You are big with your words on the internet, but can't handle the real world. I really hope you do join this department and then go home crying every night because people were "mean" to you to your face while in the academy! Actually I don't hope you join this department because you would take a job from someone who really wants it. You would be the one who shows up on check in day and just drives into the parking lot and leaves because you are scared. Oh well. Enjoy. I haven't seen any other great comments from you since ISPCAPT told you off. Hmmm

Comment

• Just to give a little insight as to where some are in the process: Background Home Visit completed.
                    Last edited by GoGetter_; 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoGetter_ View Post
                      Just to give a little insight as to where some are in the process: Background Home Visit completed.
                      How'd it go? My dad said my BI went over to visit him.............said he was a real nice guy.

I'm going to have the home visit next week, my wife is doing some Mission Work in Africa right now and he said she needs to be home for the home visit.

Comment

• The BI came over this week, was professional, and friendly. The visit lasted about two hours. I think that it went well. A lot of time was spent reviewing my application, employment history, credit, and family.
                        The reason your spouse (significant other) needs to meet with the BI, is because ISP is very forward about the hiring process. You will be away from your family at least 5 days a week. Sundays are not full days off, and depending on where you reside, the majority of it will be consumed by travel. You will be at the Academy for about 6 months. Thereafter, you may be assigned to any District in the State. After a minimum of two years at your initial placement, you are eligible to be put on the transfer list. This does not mean you will be transferred, only that you are eligible.
                        My friend is also in the background process, but has not had a home visit, to date. Instead references and employers have been contacted. So it depends on how the BI chooses to conduct the investigation. However, regardless of what order the steps are performed, they all will be completed at some point.

Comment

• First...Congrats and best of luck to those in BIs now! Second...Just wondering if anyone else has recieved any letters after the 1st group on more BIs starting? Im trying to be patient but Im so excited too!

Comment

• I wanted to update Individuals that have not been contacted via email or regular mail. I was informed today letters or emails for everyone that are moving forward or have moved forward with BI's was sent out 2-3 weeks ago. If you haven't received one of those letters or emails you will not be included in CC122. Letters have not been sent as of yet indicating if your in or out of the eligibility pool for CC123 consideration but will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Those that have moved forward in the hiring process, CONGRATS! Those of us that didn't make the cut, it's not over until it's over. CC123 could come a knocking so hold your heads high and keep working hard. Put in the work and eventually results will follow. Info is solid, once again CONGRATS! on everyone moving forward and GOD BLESS!
                            Last edited by IDOCTANN; 02-21-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

How'd it go? My dad said my BI went over to visit him.............said he was a real nice guy.

I'm going to have the home visit next week, my wife is doing some Mission Work in Africa right now and he said she needs to be home for the home visit.
                              The Home Visit went well. Good luck to you on yours!

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                                Send me a PM with your name and address and I'll make sure the Merit Board sends you an update on your status. Then you can go apply elsewhere.
                                If you want to play Big Dog make sure you have what it takes to come off the porch.
                                Wow and Wow , I DONT consider myself a Big Dog yet , but I cant believe what was said , I am guessing for someone to talk like that on here , they have had some issues and or were were not moved along in the Selection process so now sour grapes........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4561 users online. 307 members and 4254 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X