Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The side kicking to the newborn will happen.
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Originally posted by amuzz01 View Post
      New to this thread. Does anyone know if family is allowed to come with to the academy? Like hotel, etc.? Or is it pretty much kick your family and newborn to the curb for the next couple of months until graduation? Thanks
      Don't bother bringing the family. You won't be able to see them. You're at the academy from Sunday and released on Friday afternoon every week. It's not until the ending weeks that you will be allowed to leave the grounds for a couple of hours 1 evening a week and then only if the class doesn't have problems. You will still have to be back at the academy at the given time.
      The academy is more than a couple of months.
      If those arrangements don't meet with your approval then don't apply. There are no exceptions made.
      183 FBINA

Comment

• Cadets don't get a phone or even a phone call during the academy as well, is that correct!?

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
          Cadets don't get a phone or even a phone call during the academy as well, is that correct!?
          Saves 6 months worth of cell phone bills! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
            Cadets don't get a phone or even a phone call during the academy as well, is that correct!?
            Kinda...Unless something changed and I don't think it did since 2010, you were not allowed to have your phone inside the academy. Your phone stayed in your car and you were allowed to make a specified number of phone calls during the week. Generally these ranged from 1 to 2 calls a week until week 20 or so when they opened it up a little more, which usually coincided with the addition of liberty to your privileges. You phone privilege was normally 15 minutes in length, however was mostly up to the discretion of the cadet counselor who was on duty at the time.

You could and would lose phone privileges for not following certain protocols and/or for not satisfactorily completing a given task.

If you have family at home (by that i mean a spouse, kids etc) it is certainly rough, but as I have said in this thread many times, its 25 weeks to set up the rest of your life. You can do anything for 25 weeks if you want it bad enough.

Comment

• True. Very true.

Comment

• Hate to derail the thread (even though that's exactly what I am doing), but I was one of those poor souls who didn't do well on the run in Springfiled last month, so I have to wait until ISP opens the app window again and try again. I have no one to blame but myself, and the ISP troopers there told me to "get your name back on that list, happens all the time!" A real class act; that is the type of agency I would like to be a part of someday. For those going forward in the process, don't slip and act like ya want it...KEEP IN SHAPE. I've been working on that run since that fateful day and I'll get it next time. Good luck to those still in the process; and choose your battles wisely.

Comment

• pm'd instead

Comment

• If you knew you could succeed, would you be more willing to try? If you knew you already have it in you, would you give it your all? Commit yourself to a goal and accomplish it. Push yourself to exceed expectations and give it your all in everything you do. I ran 7.25 miles today and pushed the boundaries, I wanted to give up halfway through it but I chose to push forward. Just like somthin as simple as running, eveyone can go beyond their limits and achieve their dreams if they would only try. I found an interesting quote and it's so true.

“Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.”
                    ~ Michael Jordan
                    ~ Jade

Comment

• A few pictures of the new paint scheme on a 2013 Chevrolet Caprice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-7SyezZO4

Comment

• Caprice is meh. I was hoping they'd get more Ford Utility's or Interceptors.

Comment

• I miss the gold stripe down the side that looked nice. Yet there are stripes on the rear that don't match anything else, lol.

It's just too plain for me :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                            I miss the gold stripe down the side that looked nice. Yet there are stripes on the rear that don't match anything else, lol.

It's just too plain for me :-(
                            I agree on the stripe ....................

Comment

• The new paint scheme appears to be a throwback.

52671_458382357546431_1755556063_o.jpg

Comment

• I'll be happy to just make it onto ISP, I'd be proud to drive a '74 Pinto with an old school lightbar.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2352 users online. 152 members and 2200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X