300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Police

Does anyone have any information on class 119? I would like to keep this thread going until a group of us goes through the application process so we can share updates

http://www.iltroopers41.org/Monken%20ERI%20Letter.pdf
    The Lodge did not solicit this severance package, nor did the Lodge make any contractual concessions to obtain it. It is the Lodge's understanding that the Department anticipates the cost savings generated from this program will fund future cadet classes.

This was posted at www.iltroopers41.org

Comment

The Lodge did not solicit this severance package, nor did the Lodge make any contractual concessions to obtain it. It is the Lodge's understanding that the Department anticipates the cost savings generated from this program will fund future cadet classes.

Comment

Thank you for posting that information dmwn, I had wondered what they were going to do. This economy is tough........I'm going to hurry up and wait

Comment

I have been waiting for ISP for a while now. I tested in May and heard back that I passed the exam and was on the eligibility list but that is it so far. I would like to keep this thread going as well to share updates. Let's hope we hear something back soon; it has been a while!

Comment

The current class is about half the way through, I'll let you know if I hear anything

Comment

Nothing to do with hiring, but I could've sworn I saw a marked Charger on 290 yesterday. It looked quite sharp. I had never seen a Charger for ISP before.

Comment

Originally posted by dansik View Post
                Nothing to do with hiring, but I could've sworn I saw a marked Charger on 290 yesterday. It looked quite sharp. I had never seen a Charger for ISP before.
                I've seen that before I believe on 88 as I was heading West back to school. Looks pretty sharp!

Comment

I do know that this info is true n accurate. The Merit Board says they have about 300 in their eligibility pool and thats more than enough for another class. As an educated guess, if enough Troopers retire by the 31st they will look at the numbers soon after the New Yr, make a determination of how much is being saved and then begin negotiations for another class. Maybe by early Spring they will start the BI process, then Orals...etc. I am not in the process but will be testing next time they do test. Hopefully as BI's begin, so will another recruitment testing. Hopefully they will have enough retire to the point where they have back to back classes!!!

But again, thats just an educated guess. The fact remains that there are numbers of Troopers are ALREADY scheduled to retire regardless of the severance package offer so they are gonna HAVE to have another class sometime soon. Its NOT a fact that they cant meet payroll, they just dont have enough extra money to fund another cadet class...right now....but they will take a look n see sometime after the New Yr.

I dont post often, but when I do post on this thread, I post info that is quite reliable and prettttty accurate. I truly hope this helps you all!
                  God Bless.

Comment

Oh yeah, another thing. A Trooper told me that ISP has other avenues besides the gaming board and this new severance pkg offer to fund another class. That gets me excited just knowing that SOMETHINGS gonna happen sooner(or later)......but at least theyre working on it!

Comment

I think that if anything happens it will be after the first of the year. That is when they will be able to see how many retirements and how much money they have, and also, they will start negotiating for the funding for a new class. Hopefully they start up the process again though with BI's and everything that way when they get the money for the new class, it's ready to go. Either way, this year is pretty much done. At least those of us who were able to test are ready to go. I do hope they have another test soon for those of you who are waiting to test. Good luck to all.

Comment

FYI
                        Found this today.

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...L2JfECrv3vNGDQ

Comment

They may never hire en masse again. Back several yrs ago they would hire like 80-90 per class. Nowadays they can only afford half that amount. Hell, i'll take it however. I only need 1 spot! LOL
                          I'm just serious!

Comment

Check out this article from IL Trooper Lodge #41. This is real folks! They have 679 Troopers eligible to retire in the next 4yrs. 114 of 160 who were eligible to retire in 2010 actually are projected to retire. In 2011 another 135 are eligible and in 2012 another 226. They MUST have another couple of classes soon so Police13, Rybak n Batman, get ready for your senoirity to increase! LOL. Im excited because it all seems to make sense. You have the higher salaries cut in half by retiring then hiring new Troopers who would make only half, if that much....of the retiree's salaries. Good luck to us all and keeeeeep running!

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...xi7AVVBm2rtNPQ

Comment

I will tell people the same as I have been telling people on the Chicago pages. The only reason you should be getting excited about these retirements is because the higher end salaries will be saved. It will cause another drain on the pension systems. It will not cause a rush to hire and fill those vacancies created by retirements. Chicago has the same problem otherwise they would hire for attrition. THEY CANT, NOBODY HAS ANY MONEY. WHen you posture and post about all of the stupid spending by government you have to remember that includes government hiring whether it is wasteful or not. I know that many of you want to get into this field and I do not blame. But do not let your zeal to get on this job foolishly drive your desire to get hired only to get laid off later because there is no money and the governor cannot borrow 15billion to pay our bills
                              You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

• sammy_gunnz
                                sammy_gunnz commented
                                Editing a comment
                                All true. Over a thousand applicants total. Over 500 of those were invited to take the pfit to get into 126 and less than half showed up. However, CPD had a huge hiring surge that drove those numbers down some. Still a sad showing for a job many still want. Even with tier two (and they've discussed adding a third tier), ISP is still a better job than the vast majority of local PD's across not only Illinois but the Midwest. I work in Chicago, and most the locals around here have to work for 30 something years to get a lower percentage than we get, and they don't retire with healthcare. Not to mention all the opportunities the department offers if your a worker. On the negative side, ISP lost all those local officers that used to apply for a trooper job after serving several years on their local PD's because of Tier two. Its no longer worth it to leave their departments if they have some time on because the retirement difference isn't enough to draw them in tier two now. And thats a big loss for the ISP.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11672 users online. 436 members and 11236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X