Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aurora considering laying off 20-25 officers!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aurora considering laying off 20-25 officers!

    If that happens it's going to be Aurora's gangs dream come true.

    http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/710309826/

    A small protest group will be at the financial meeting at city hall in downtown Aurora to try to prevent them from laying any officer. This department is so understaff yet they have manage to bring crime rate low, in fact Aurora's crime rate is at a 30-year all time low, and I know because I live here.

  • #2
    Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!
    "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

    Comment


    • #3
      The good old days of being the Police are done. You now see that no town cares about us and view us as expendable. You read readers comments about this subject and half of them think we are overpaid and need to "share in the pain" of layoffs. You take a scumbag into custody and he will find a reason to sue you. You chase an offender down for a good arrest but the Department finds you violated a Policy and suspends you without pay for a day. Maybe I'm getting too salty or jaded after my years, but what is my incentive to put my squad in D and find the bad guys anymore?
      www.saveavet.org

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dogcop View Post
        The good old days of being the Police are done. You now see that no town cares about us and view us as expendable. You read readers comments about this subject and half of them think we are overpaid and need to "share in the pain" of layoffs. You take a scumbag into custody and he will find a reason to sue you. You chase an offender down for a good arrest but the Department finds you violated a Policy and suspends you without pay for a day. Maybe I'm getting too salty or jaded after my years, but what is my incentive to put my squad in D and find the bad guys anymore?
        could not agree more or have said it better

        Comment


        • #5
          I heard Naperville laid off 10-15 officer already

          Comment


          • #6
            This why I dont test for the suburbs anymore, they hire 1-2 at a time which gives you a 1% CHANCE OF BEING HIRED,and then they lay off officers left and right without giving two.. what a waste.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fanofelcsum View Post
              This why I dont test for the suburbs anymore, they hire 1-2 at a time which gives you a 1% CHANCE OF BEING HIRED,and then they lay off officers left and right without giving two.. what a waste.
              Good. See how that works out for you.
              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

              "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Exodus259
                Fan has a point. Testing for suburbs gets old after a while. You test for places, pay their fees and jump through hoops, only to find out "they don't have the money" and lay off their own force. They will have to figure out ways to fix their budget, get money, and only then, will they restore the laid off cops, before even considering the list they just tested for. It's a big catch 22. You won't get the job if you don't test, but if you test, the chances of you even getting that job anyway, is slim.

                It's sad. The cops are losing their motivation to do their job because of law suits and lay offs, and the potential cops are losing their motivation because of lay offs and taking forever to get hired. We all picked a great career to get into, lol
                Heres the thing, I'm amazed at how many people looking for jobs come on this site and complain. It isn't a super easy job to get in good times, and even more difficult in tough economic times. It takes time to get hired and you just have to deal with it. We all took multiple tests.

                Not every cop in every department is losing their motivation. I do my job the best I can. That's what I get paid for. Its a job. Do I have days where I'm not as motivated as I might be? Sure. My department has problems just like every other department but for the most part the agency treats us well and the checks don't bounce. You gotta remember, cops like to complain.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

                "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Exodus259
                  Fan has a point. Testing for suburbs gets old after a while. You test for places, pay their fees and jump through hoops, only to find out "they don't have the money" and lay off their own force. They will have to figure out ways to fix their budget, get money, and only then, will they restore the laid off cops, before even considering the list they just tested for. It's a big catch 22. You won't get the job if you don't test, but if you test, the chances of you even getting that job anyway, is slim.

                  It's sad. The cops are losing their motivation to do their job because of law suits and lay offs, and the potential cops are losing their motivation because of lay offs and taking forever to get hired. We all picked a great career to get into, lol
                  I even applied for a CSO position at a suburban police department I never even got an interview! Just a DQ letter! DQ for what? Applying? that was the last straw LOL I dont even see why they bother posting on the blue line, most just test to make a list not to hire.
                  will only be applying to county, cpd, and universities from now on.
                  Last edited by fanofelcsum; 11-09-2010, 06:45 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think until the news stories are of rampant crime, towns will view the reductions in force as successful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You guys do realize that with at least 9k applicants already for Chicago, and they want to hire 200 for 2011 IIRC, the odds of being hired are already at 2% (to be hired within the year) which will only go down as more applicants apply. At least with suburban departments you have a chance to separate yourself from the rest of the applicant pool with your written/oral score.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Now before that post gets twisted out of context. I realize that Chicago has a "lottery" system so the odds work a little differently. But me personally, I'd rather my own efforts put me near the top of a list than what the last number of my SS# is (if that's how they do it this year).

                        It's tough to land a job no matter what size department it is. If you want this job badly enough, you're going to make sacrifices. Don't want to join the military? Go get your 4 year degree. Do whatever you need to in order to get the max preference points you can. (I've seen departments that will give like 2.5 for an associates, 5 for bachelor's, 5 for veteran's). Look out of state, plenty of departments in other states are hiring in bunches. Do some volunteer work. Unfortunately right now, people with associate's degrees are a dime a dozen, and people with bachelor's are a quarter a dozen. So it's obviously going to make it tough when there are a lot of similarly qualified people. We have to do something that separates us from the rest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow, unbelievable. These aren't seasonal RadioShack employees that you can just lay off! WTF Illinois, wake up!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dansik View Post
                            You guys do realize that with at least 9k applicants already for Chicago, and they want to hire 200 for 2011 IIRC, the odds of being hired are already at 2% (to be hired within the year) which will only go down as more applicants apply. At least with suburban departments you have a chance to separate yourself from the rest of the applicant pool with your written/oral score.
                            WHAT?! The suburbs only hire 1 P/O per year! its the same percentages LOL. Yes, the odds are not in everyones favor, but you have to realize that the applicant pool will go down once the applications have been processed, applicants under 25 will not be considered immediately, then once all the real testing begins(written,power,psyc bi) the applicants will start dropping like flies.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wait a minute.... I just scrolled down and I am seeing talk of Chicago PD.... Aren't there already 15 threads to talk about Chicago in????

                              Why don't we just rename the "Illinois" forum "Chicago"?

                              As for the layoffs. People see public safety and they think job security, but the two are no longer synonymous.... Eventually, these towns are gonna realize the mistakes they are making by cutting public safety when cuts can be made elsewhere.
                              Last edited by goosethebird; 11-09-2010, 09:09 AM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7066 users online. 411 members and 6655 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X