Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing to remember is I think only 10% percent of applicants from the previous exam were hired, so dont quit your day job and keep applying at other departments. Sorry to those who didnt make the age requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofelcsum View Post
      one thing to remember is I think only 10% percent of applicants from the previous exam were hired, so dont quit your day job and keep applying at other departments. Sorry to those who didnt make the age requirement.
      It will take 6 months- 5 years to get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlBerry
        10% of people that applied or of people that passed the test? Cause they are expecting about 30,000 applicants. A very large percentage will be thrown out before even siting for the test.
        10% that apply are successful in the hiring process and eventually get hired.

Comment

So if 30,000 apply then 3,000 would get hired. I dont think that many will apply. I think maby half of that, I would say between 12,000 - 15,000 applicants because of the new requirments.

Comment

More great news for military guys. They are giving a +20% preference for military candidates!

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoDream82 View Post
              You are determined I can tell by your willingness to move almost anywhere in the United States to become a Police Officer, I wish you the best of luck and hope to one day years from now serve the City of Chicago with you. You can always take the exam next time, and move back to Chicago.
              Pretty much sums it up. It's what I want to do till I can't do the job anymore....or I have a mandatory retirement! Wish I could stay in Chicago and test but I am 23 now turning 24 in December and need to find a police job somewhere!!!! Thanks for the good wishes!
              "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

I have to look at that damn "Answer the call Chicago Police apply now" add every time I check the blue line for the next month....

Good luck to all that can continue in the process...

Comment

Originally posted by goosethebird View Post
                  I have to look at that damn "Answer the call Chicago Police apply now" add every time I check the blue line for the next month....

Good luck to all that can continue in the process...
                  LOL I saw that and was so ****ed I blocked it with my firewall....now it comes up as a red X.
                  "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

When you start filling out the app, can you log out and save your process or does everything have to be filled out right there and then?

Comment

I too fall into missing it by a month when I was 20 and now by 5 months. Good luck to all. I am not worried, too all those also waiting it just makes the chances better of getting in when the time comes. We will be older and wiser.

Comment

application done, i dont think its going to be that large as people think maybe 10,000 because look at the min. age Military and education requirements i think this current list lasts 4 -5years hopefully im got hired by the end so happy finally the best opportunity in a long time

Comment

the recruitment videos were really excellent, man this is really one of the best places to work i think

Comment

Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
                            When you start filling out the app, can you log out and save your process or does everything have to be filled out right there and then?
                            Yeah, you can click "save draft" and log out and finish it later on. I had to do that because I didn't have everything scanned and ready to go. I still have to get some more of my documents scanned, but I checked it and it will save your info.

Comment

What documents are you supposed to scan beside driver license and transcripts if you’re a non- military applicant?

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
                                the recruitment videos were really excellent, man this is really one of the best places to work i think
                                Yeah, that's what propaganda videos are supposed to do. Also, to the poster that wrote you would be hired on and there would be no contract. It's not that you have no contract, you work under the conditions of the last one until the new one is settled. But as a PPO, you have less protection anyway, regardless of the contract status.
                                www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5378 users online. 417 members and 4961 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X