Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 CPD Applicants!!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by goosethebird View Post
    Good to know they will get a bunch a thirty something year olds that got laid off, woke up the next day and decided they wanted to be the police...
    Good to know your attitude sucks. Just because you're younger you'll be a better cop? With age comes wisdom, and the ability to deal with certain things that someone younger does not have experience with. A 21 year old dealing with a domestic between two 50 year old people isn't always the best situation. If this quote is a reflection of your attitude you have a long road ahead of you. You'll learn real quick to keep your mouth shut and learn from people older than you, rather than think that just because they're older means that they aren't/wouldn't be good at the job.

    Comment


    • #32
      And this maturity is why they want older, think before you speak

      Comment


      • #33
        I got tired of checking that finally this week I just gave up and figure that it would not happen until Novemebr. Just by luck I went to blue line and saw this! For the first time I am actually happy that I am 25!!! Awsome!

        Comment


        • #34
          By the way guys I never got an email about the application like they had promised.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Jose60634 View Post
            Im glad is 25 because that gives it a better chance for me to get in. : )
            Not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
              I got tired of checking that finally this week I just gave up and figure that it would not happen until Novemebr. Just by luck I went to blue line and saw this! For the first time I am actually happy that I am 25!!! Awsome!
              Lol I know it! Finally being this old pays off!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Erik1973 View Post
                Good to know your attitude sucks. Just because you're younger you'll be a better cop? With age comes wisdom, and the ability to deal with certain things that someone younger does not have experience with. A 21 year old dealing with a domestic between two 50 year old people isn't always the best situation. If this quote is a reflection of your attitude you have a long road ahead of you. You'll learn real quick to keep your mouth shut and learn from people older than you, rather than think that just because they're older means that they aren't/wouldn't be good at the job.
                I think the frustration of not being able to apply to CPD if you are not 25 by November 26th is all everyone is saying. No one is saying that people over the age of 25 would make lesser of a police officer. But there are some 21-24 year olds who are more mature then 30 year olds out there,not saying all . Many of us, myself included are 24 and will not turn 25 in time, yet we can apply to any other department in the whole US to my knowledge. Please don't criticize people or attack their character over their expressed frustration with the new requirements. Many of these guys dream was to be on CPD and now they realize they will likely be 28 before they can even apply. Put yourself in their shoes. If the tables were turned and only people with a 4 year college degrees could apply, their would be a lot of steam blowing from those who didn't meet the reqs. And about military being 21, I don't think that just because you have served in the military makes you more mature then a 24 year old who has gone a different route. Don't hear me wrong there are plenty of mature 21 year olds who serve our country in the military, its just not guaranteed result of being in the military. I feel for everyone out there who was looking forward to applying, best of luck with the other departments that you are on the list for.
                Last edited by jm23; 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jm23 View Post
                  I think the frustration of not being able to apply to CPD if you are not 25 by November 26th is all everyone is saying. No one is saying that people over the age of 25 would make lesser of a police officer. Many of us, myself included are 24 and will not turn 25 in time, yet we can apply to any other department in the whole US to my knowledge. Please don't criticize people or attack their character over their expression frustration with the new requirements. Many of these guys dream was to be on CPD and now they realize they will likely be 28 before they can even apply. And about military being 21, I don't think that just because you have served in the military makes you more mature then a 24 year old who has gone a different route. I feel for everyone out there who was looking forward to applying, best of luck with the other departments that you are on the list for.
                  Personally, I think it is great that the age limit was changed to 25-40. Not attacking anyone, but a quote that references "30 somethings who were laid off and now decided to be the police" is the exact reason that many people who are on the job like myself, believe that under 25 is too young for this job.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Wow and it gets better for me I can sumbmit an appeal to have the fee waive since I am on unemployment at the moment. I do feel bad for everyone under 25, but thats CPD for you, we all knew they where going to change something on the requirements wether it was age, education, or what ever. We knew someone would be "screwed" out of this, but I guess thats just politics for you.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Erik1973 View Post
                      Personally, I think it is great that the age limit was changed to 25-40. Not attacking anyone, but a quote that references "30 somethings who were laid off and now decided to be the police" is the exact reason that many people who are on the job like myself, believe that under 25 is too young for this job.
                      I have to agree with you, I was in the Air Force for 7 years and my entire plan once I got out was to become a police officer. It helps me (being 25) that CPD is doing their applications like this. I don't mean to start any trouble or take away from anybody else. Like I said, I'll bet that before too long, they'll bring the application age back down to 21.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Maybe the people who couldn't get the college requirement tossed are using it as a way to compensate. 21 year old minorities in the military are probably more likely to apply than minorities 25 and older who are not in the military. I would just figure that since at 25 you are probably more settled into a life routine with a career/job and/or family, so by 21 if you joined at 18 you are likely to be finishing up soon assuming you signed a four year contract, and I think in general younger people are more likely to apply so with those two things in mind, you are probably going to get a more diverse applicant field. Just a thought - I hope someone doesn't make this into a bigotry thing, that's not my angle. I'm not suggesting this is the only reason, but I'm sure it factors in amongst the many reasons for the decision.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I just feel bad for all those 23 or 24 yr olds that were waiting to apply and then to get the bad news of the age requirement. To be honest with you, I think the CPD will focus on hiring in the 25-30 range but that s just my opinion. It says they are going to be more selective than previous years as well
                          How many applicants can we expect with the new age requirement and keeping the education as is?
                          Last edited by fanofelcsum; 10-28-2010, 11:01 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
                            By the way guys I never got an email about the application like they had promised.
                            I did get that email...They sent it around 2:00 today

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Art25 View Post
                              I did get that email...They sent it around 2:00 today
                              Yeah I got it too, then again I put my name on the mailing list about 3 or 4 times between 2006 and now...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I am so excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CPD age requirement, a City that beats to it own drummer. A City that has a list that doesnt expire, and a city that in stunning and unprecented fashion makes a age requirment of at least 25 years old to apply to become a Chicago Police Officer. I have asked about 35 Police Officers and 32 of the 35 said they agree with a age requirement of 25 years old rather then 21 years. Rather then take 6 months - 10 years to become a Chicago Police Officer, it will now take 6 months - 5 years. Im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6328 users online. 440 members and 5888 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X