Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I read somewhere many applicants under the age of 25 were NOT being hired from the 06 test-many were not passing the psyc-same with the military veterans. So nothing has changed-really-I guess they prefer mature police officers, you have to remember some people under 25 act like idiots. Idiot+police badge= lawsuits costing the city millions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus259
      I don't understand how ONE department that changes their age requirement, "destroyed" his career, or lack-there-of, lol. I'd love to be a State Trooper. They require a B.A. Does that mean they ruined my career too because I don't have one??
      True..

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofelcsum View Post
        I thought I read somewhere many applicants under the age of 25 were NOT being hired from the 06 test-many were not passing the psyc-same with the military veterans. So nothing has changed-really-I guess they prefer mature police officers, you have to remember some people under 25 act like idiots. Idiot+police badge= lawsuits costing the city millions.
        True enough I know several people under 25 that act like idiots, however I know my fair share of people over 25 that act like idiots. So your argument doesn't really hold any weight. The purpose of the testing process is to eliminate those of any age that are not mature enough (or for any other reasons). Congrats to those over 25 that are applying, I wish you the best. Those of us under 25, keep applying else where.
        Last edited by jm23; 11-02-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose60634 View Post
          Just paid the app. fee
          Just wondering where you paid it at? Maybe I'm missing it on the website. Submitted my application last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBAndy View Post
            Just wondering where you paid it at? Maybe I'm missing it on the website. Submitted my application last night.
            After you submit your application, they will email you the link to the payment page.

Comment

• Chicago - A top city official confirms what police officials have been saying for months; the city needs more officers on the street.

The city's budget director says the city will have 950 vacant spots on the force by the end of the year.

The city plans to hire 200 recruits next year, but 300 officers plan to leave and that will put the department even further in the hole.

The mayor has 13,700 officers in his latest budget, well below what many police officials believe the city needs to deal with crime.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...iring-20101102

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus259
                I don't understand how ONE department that changes their age requirement, "destroyed" his career, or lack-there-of, lol. I'd love to be a State Trooper. They require a B.A. Does that mean they ruined my career too because I don't have one??
                I'm actually starting a Facebook page. It's the "An Illinois State Trooper said my shoulder blades didn't touch when they did touch so it ruined my police career forever" page. Hopefully it sends the right message, so the State of Illinois appropriates additional funds in their 2011 budget for ME. I should get hired in no time.

Or I can just keep working on the CPD application... Hmm... Decisions, decisions...

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyChicaga View Post
                  I'm actually starting a Facebook page. It's the "An Illinois State Trooper said my shoulder blades didn't touch when they did touch so it ruined my police career forever" page. Hopefully it sends the right message, so the State of Illinois appropriates additional funds in their 2011 budget for ME. I should get hired in no time.

Or I can just keep working on the CPD application... Hmm... Decisions, decisions...

LMAO that's hilarious, maybe I'll make a FB page for all the police departments that didn't hire me after the interviews and it ruined my career forever! hahahaha. OR, I could just keep focusing on the future and applying for other PDs...as you say Chicaga, decisions decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                    I thought you come from a long line of CPD officers. You should know about this already and it should be old news!
                    wow, man you need to get over whatever problem is it you have with me? Jealousy leads to depression and so on ...

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofelcsum View Post
                      wow, man you need to get over whatever problem is it you have with me? Jealousy leads to depression and so on ...
                      I just thought you would know that this stuff is expensive and you seem surprised by it. I didn't say anything bad. I just thought that everyone would have told you how expensive being a PPO is.

Comment

• It never seems to amaze me how people on here take things to the heart. Lets just stay on subject fellas!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art25 View Post
                          After you submit your application, they will email you the link to the payment page.
                          Ah thank you. How long did it take for you? I figured it would be immediate but I have yet to receive an email. Is HR going over my basic qualifications first?

Comment

• Timeline

Does anybody have any information on how long the process from testing to swearing in will take with CPD? Atlanta PD is also having a mass hiring and are moving fairly quick for police hiring standards. I hope CPD is attempting to move fast as well.

Comment

• Any one with any tips or experience with taking psych tests? This portion of the testing phase really worries me, a lot of people have trouble with this section as I myself also did. Any advice or experiences share it please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha111 View Post
                                Any one with any tips or experience with taking psych tests? This portion of the testing phase really worries me, a lot of people have trouble with this section as I myself also did. Any advice or experiences share it please.
                                I believe it is just a written test, the MMPI-2 or something, not sure since I haven't read too much into it. It's like 500 questions or something ridiculous, and tests you on stuff like depression, schizophrenia, among many others. All I know is just answer truthfully, and if your personality is a good match for a CPD officer, then they will pass you.

Or I could completely wrong on what the psych test is, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6341 users online. 441 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X