300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chgometro View Post
    Heard that several people had issues with items being scanned and submitted on the application, but not received by Human Resources, thus rejecting them from the hiring process. Just wondering if this happened to anyone on the forum and if anyone called Human Resources to bring this issue to light, sounds like this happened to a lot of applicants. I would suggest calling to bring it to the attention of the powers to be, I would hate to have the assumption that the "fix is in".
    Yes happened to my friend. In fact I was right there when he submitted the forms and app yet he still hot rejection letter because he failed to turn in a form, but they never said which one.

Comment

• Originally posted by impala_ws6 View Post
      Yes happened to my friend. In fact I was right there when he submitted the forms and app yet he still hot rejection letter because he failed to turn in a form, but they never said which one.
      Tell that person to contact HR on Tues since tomorrow is a holiday

Comment

• Originally posted by park88 View Post
        Not to sound like an a** but from looking at some of the people that showed up to the test I am not surprised they had problems attaching documents. I am sure some of you might agree with me.
        Exactly, I'm sure many of you saw the guy with the "cop killa" tattoo on his neck, he could have at least covered that up. In any case, the system prompted you when a file was or wasn't attached successfully so unless there was an error on the city's end, you failed.

U.S. Border Patrol
        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
          Exactly, I'm sure many of you saw the guy with the "cop killa" tattoo on his neck, he could have at least covered that up. In any case, the system prompted you when a file was or wasn't attached successfully so unless there was an error on the city's end, you failed.
          lol,the tattoo it's beyond my understanding,what an idiot of having this type of a tattoo and apply for CPD,hope he failed the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
            lol,the tattoo it's beyond my understanding,what an idiot of having this type of a tattoo and apply for CPD,hope he failed the test.
            Seriously what a chitbag!

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
              Not only will he be hired, he will be in the first group! He will graduate and make his family proud.... He will eventually have the tattoo covered up, get promoted all the way up the chain and one day become the Supt. He will run into an abandoned building that is on fire and rescue 4 homeless people while off duty wearing a three piece suit and won't even get the suit dirty... He's the most interesting man in the world!

This thread is gone to pieces...

Move to the 2011 academy thread like the classes before you and keep the tradition alive (I've been on here since 05' and this is the worst I've seen)
              No disrespect to the thread starter

Comment

• The best was filling in your name and then having a twenty minute break for the proctors to go around and make sure everyone knows how to basically paint by number. Haha, yeah, some real winners were there that day....

Comment

• Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                  The best was filling in your name and then having a twenty minute break for the proctors to go around and make sure everyone knows how to basically paint by number. Haha, yeah, some real winners were there that day....
                  yeah ,no kidding,believe it or not ,but i saw a guy that was sitting in front of me for 20 min when another guy came with a proctor and he was told to move because it wasn't his number.

Comment

• My friend had his application rejected b/c they said all his documents were not attached. They told him it showed one of his transcripts had been deleted. What happened was he was applying for other jobs within the same system (911 Dispatcher) and they didn't require transcripts so he deleted them off before submitting his application for that job. So when the HR Dept went to check all his attachments that one was missing. They did finally straighten it out for him and now he has received the accepted email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky Girl View Post
                      My friend had his application rejected b/c they said all his documents were not attached. They told him it showed one of his transcripts had been deleted. What happened was he was applying for other jobs within the same system (911 Dispatcher) and they didn't require transcripts so he deleted them off before submitting his application for that job. So when the HR Dept went to check all his attachments that one was missing. They did finally straighten it out for him and now he has received the accepted email.
                      glad it worked out for him....I've been informed that there are many applicants that have gone through similar situations. Hope HR gets the issues worked out.

Comment

• whats the HR number again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Dunn View Post
                          whats the HR number again?
                          City of Chicago Office of Human Resources 312-744-4976.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChicagoDream82 View Post
                            City of Chicago Office of Human Resources 312-744-4976.
                            Thanks bro

Comment

• Originally posted by KarlBerry
                              Looks like Rahmbo is the new Mayor!! Nobody even came close.
                              This, combined with the recent census data showing Chicago lost 200k people, in all likelihood means CPD will not return to full authorized strength for the foreseeable future, if ever. Basically, whoever was going to be mayor inherited a boatload of problems, and according to the Trib, the three biggest are schools, police, and pensions. Rahm's plan is to take 1000 desk cops and put them back on the beat (maybe this isn't such a bad idea, would be curious to know what current CPD think). Anyway, this will hold over attrition for a few years and I'm betting he will lump his campaign "promise" of 250 new cops in with Daley's already budgeted ~200 or so for this year, so the general public will be none-the-wiser. I'm thinking it's going to be a longer wait than "normal" fellas ...

Comment

• Originally posted by EdwardV View Post
                                This, combined with the recent census data showing Chicago lost 200k people, in all likelihood means CPD will not return to full authorized strength for the foreseeable future, if ever. Basically, whoever was going to be mayor inherited a boatload of problems, and according to the Trib, the three biggest are schools, police, and pensions. Rahm's plan is to take 1000 desk cops and put them back on the beat (maybe this isn't such a bad idea, would be curious to know what current CPD think). Anyway, this will hold over attrition for a few years and I'm betting he will lump his campaign "promise" of 250 new cops in with Daley's already budgeted ~200 or so for this year, so the general public will be none-the-wiser. I'm thinking it's going to be a longer wait than "normal" fellas ...
                                I agree with you here, but the problem is that the amount hired still will not make up for the amount retiring. Which is the same problem as last year and I am guessing the same as the last 3 years before that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 441 members and 5893 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X