300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC27 View Post
    Anybody else get a background packet today?
    At work so I havent been able to check the mail. Curious.. where did you place on the list approximately? (I don't expect you to list your exact place) I'm asking because I'm wondering if they send background packets to everyone who passed or only to the top 30 or so.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Yes, I got mine yesterday. The letter states they are doing backgrounds on a limited # of candidates.

niu - I am in the top 10

Comment

disregard....

Comment

Yes, also received a background packet. Ineligible for pref points, so I dropped to somewhere between 10 and 15 on the list.

Comment

Got my packet as well. I didn't do so great on this test... I was in the 30's so I wasn't expecting to receive a packet. But since I did, I'm guessing they gave them out to the top 50 or so.

Comment

Just had my BI interview today. As I recall, when I spoke with the Deputy Chief in Nov/Dec, I was at the tail end of people receiving background packets. I was right at 25 or so. Sounds like they have already hired 1 off this list (in FTO already) and are looking at hiring 1 more. Sounds like I am 1 of 8 remaining in the running for it.

PTI academy start date of October 2 or so.
              Last edited by Mjaga; 08-05-2011, 01:08 AM. Reason: Wrong month stated

Comment

Originally posted by DC27 View Post
                If you are from the future, please tell me. We have a lot to discuss.
                Me three. I want to know when I'm getting the call. And when CPD will summons my god like status to the academy for my first PT

P.S. Or when the CCSD will give me the O call
                Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 11-10-2014, 06:27 PM.
                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

From the grave

Comment

I'll be here too this Saturday. Interesting that the email said if you have a NIPSTA power card you don't have to take the POWER test after the written exam the same day, this Saturday. But your NIPSTA power card must have been issued within 6 months of the written exam date (11/15/2014). If not you will be required to participate in the POWER test if you pass the written exam.

My NIPSTA power card was issued on 04/26/2014, so it's about 3 weeks past the 6 month limit...however I have a Joliet Junior College POWER card issued on 10/22/2014 and called I/O Solutions to ask if they will accept it because the email clearly stated NIPSTA card. So they called back and left me a voicemail saying they will accept the Joliet Junior College POWER card if on the back it has the legal disclaimer stating how I have completed a Law Enforcement POWER card, yada, yada, yada and there has to be a number to verify the information which there is

Not that I'd have any issuses taking a POWER test at all. Athletic competition is one of my specialties.
                    Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 11-10-2014, 06:24 PM.
                    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                      From the grave
                      True, but I'm trying to harness the powers that be for my big weekend here this Saturday

Comment

Ill be there too.. Thats funny I asked about JJC power card and they told me to bring a copy of the front and the back of the card to the test, and the card itself.

Comment

See you Saturday morning newsti! I get to train legs heavy as usual tonight at the gym because I won't have to do the run and worry about cramping up and limping it if that happens haha

I don't understand why some departments would only accept a NIPSTA card but not a JJC or Triton card if they can also verify the information for the other cards.

Comment

Passed the written exam, they grade it on site. Getting lunch before I get fingerprinted and take a personality aptitude survey at 1300

Comment

Ah I'm assuming you all have bachelors degrees... Something i lack. Therefore there are many departments I can't apply too :/

Comment

Received the letter in the mail today with my ranking for the initial list. In the top 20 before the final list is established The final list will be mailed out in a few weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8991 users online. 397 members and 8594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X