Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too enjoyed the Glen Ellyn marathon.

Comment

I heard only about 140 showed and only about half passed the written. I wonder if there were a lot of no shows, or they didn't get to the 200 applicants they capped it at.

Comment

I know of several people who had a slot and didn't show.

Comment

An officer told me that 71 passed the written and 3 didn't show up to POWER. I personally saw only 1 person fail power... he called it quits after 7 situps.

Of course you have to factor in the 50 people this upcoming weekend at WIU, but regardless that's a pretty small eligibility list. Especially considering they plan on hiring 2.

Comment

Originally posted by AxleFoley View Post
            I heard only about 140 showed and only about half passed the written. I wonder if there were a lot of no shows, or they didn't get to the 200 applicants they capped it at.
            I spoke with 2 officers at the WIU career fair a couple of weeks ago. According to them, all 250 spots (GE and WIU) filled before the ads even hit. I know the WIU test filled within 48 hours of being posted on PSR.

I will be taking the WIU test this Saturday. Hoping with only 50 spots this won't be an all day affair. I know the biggest pain is taking a physical at the Campus Rec on the weekends, since all the regulars are working out as well.

Comment

They definitely got the 200 applicants that they capped it at. I was one of the no shows lol... go me.

goodluck everyone!
              "One definition of hell is when the person you are now meets the person you could have become."

Comment

The written was called P-2 or something like that. There was memorization, reading comprehension, and decision making problems. It was like no other test I have seen. There was no long division which was nice.

After the POWER test, they also gave us the long verison of the PSR psych, and a LEAP psych.

Comment

Just got back from the WIU test. 17 people showed, 11 passed the written. 1 failure during the physical. So 10 of us passed all phases.
                  I also heard 119 showed last week for the written.

Good luck to everyone that made it on the list!

Comment

Wow, 129 is a pretty low turnout actually.

Comment

I talked to one of my buddies a few days ago and he said there was talk of layoffs. Apparently there are some guys with a couple years on there that were worried about losing their jobs and they were all ****ed because the pd rehired an officer that left years ago. When they rehired the officer they gave the officer their full seniority back so they are in no jeopardy of losing their job and they have all this seniority and people below them after leaving a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
                        I talked to one of my buddies a few days ago and he said there was talk of layoffs.
                        They said they were hiring 2, so that would be weird to be considering layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjaga View Post
                          Just got back from the WIU test. 17 people showed, 11 passed the written. 1 failure during the physical. So 10 of us passed all phases.
                          I also heard 119 showed last week for the written.

Good luck to everyone that made it on the list!
                          17 is kinda embarrassing especially considering all you needed to do was be 20 years old....I'm sure Durkin will mention how he brings opportunities to campus that no one takes.

Comment

They said they were hiring 2, so that would be weird to be considering layoffs.
                            As you said, at the orientation they said they were looking to hire 2 with an academy date of April or May, I believe. Should be a pretty quick process, if it's already the middle of November.

Originally posted by DC27 View Post
                            17 is kinda embarrassing especially considering all you needed to do was be 20 years old....I'm sure Durkin will mention how he brings opportunities to campus that no one takes.
                            The officer I spoke with said all 50 spots filled, but all the other people didn't get their paperwork in. I know atleast 1 of the 10 of us that passed all phases made the 3 hour drive from the Chicagoland area just to test. And yea, I'm sure Durkin isn't too happy. I know he works to get as many departments to test on campus as possible. I don't understand why more students don't jump on the opportunity when departments come to test right under their noses. I guess not everyone is as motivated to be hired as well all seem to be on these forums.

Comment

Here's 1 of 3 lists I received today. Looks like about 75 made the list

Comment

Anybody else get a background packet today?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5236 users online. 178 members and 5058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X