300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Ellyn PD

anyone check out the posting? take the test in Macomb IL thats a first ive seen hold a written test like 3 hours away from the actual city

A lot of departments have been doing that this fall. Southwest Police, Champaign, and some others I cant remember. Not heavily advertised except for current students i guess

Comment

yea they have 2 test dates, i might check this one out, i like Glen Ellyn i went to College Of Dupage

Comment

Filled mine out only 199 left. Good PD I grew up in Glen Ellyn. Not crazy busy, but they have there fair share.

Comment

Don't know if any one care or not, but there 2010/2011 budget is approved for 3 officers. But they are leaving them open due to budget issues. But hey 10$ isn't a bad idea for an app just to sit on list for 2yrs that may hire.

Comment

TheBlueLine.com posted this one pretty late today. Got mine in though.

Comment

Am surprised that this Department doesn’t require college anymore, it did years ago but now doesn’t.

Comment

I used to work there and have good friends that still work there that are trying to get out. There is also another officer on the boards that used to work there that was lucky enough to get out. Feel free to pm with any questions.

Comment

Glen Ellyn was the only place I ever applied for that told us at the orientation that they did not perceive hiring anyone off the test we were going to take......and that was about 27 years ago! You should have seen people walking out when that was said...but the apps were free back then.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
                    I used to work there and have good friends that still work there that are trying to get out. There is also another officer on the boards that used to work there that was lucky enough to get out. Feel free to pm with any questions.
                    that would be me! what's up dude! the guys and girls in patrol/detectives are great to work with....management leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Caught this up yesterday right when I was about to start my class... I figured that the 200 would fill up quickly like Oak Brook Terrace did so I did the application on my phone... but alas, I'm surprised this is still posted... Guess I'll see some of you there.
                      "One definition of hell is when the person you are now meets the person you could have become."

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
                        that would be me! what's up dude! the guys and girls in patrol/detectives are great to work with....management leaves a lot to be desired.
                        I HIGHLY recommend PMing nkpd and the other brother who used to work at GEPD and see what they think...
                        "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
                          Ha and you aren't the only one....

Comment

Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
                            anyone check out the posting? take the test in Macomb IL thats a first ive seen hold a written test like 3 hours away from the actual city
                            ochave, Western Illinois Univ has one of the largest Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice programs in the country. There are 50 spots open to test at WIU. They want the best officer's for their department, and obviously recognize the quality of officer that graduates from WIU. That's why they are testing in Macomb.

Comment

ochave, Western Illinois Univ has one of the largest Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice programs in the country. There are 50 spots open to test at WIU. They want the best officer's for their department, and obviously recognize the quality of officer that graduates from WIU. That's why they are testing in Macomb.
                              Western is large and it makes sense that with the volume of students enrolled in their program that a test be held there, but on the whole I don't think the quality of graduates from WIU are significantly better than graduates of most other Criminal Justice programs.There are always exceptions and it would depend on what the individual student puts into it, but every time I run into someone who went to WIU for Criminal Justice the FIRST thing out of their mouth is, "I went to Western so I know I'll have preference." It gets really annoying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9849 users online. 471 members and 9378 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X