X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trafficcop87
    started a topic Cops writing Cops

Cops writing Cops

Just wondering if any LEO's in here ever received a citation from another copper? Got one in Wisconsin last week for speeding 15 miles over the limit on the freeway. Was courteous and all, but received the worst excuse ever for why I was issued the citation. Won't get too far into this on here, if you have any questions PM me.

• dogcop
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    If he was, the PPO would be riding in the trunk..
    Then he would be the second most useful thing in the trunk... The spare tire is far more valuable and useful. Oops, forgot about the jack and lug wrench. Ok PPO is now in 4th place.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus259
    You guys make it sound like your FTO is the mafia, lol
    If he was, the PPO would be riding in the trunk..

Leave a comment:

• RoadKingTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    Mention enough things to your FTO, you may get dropped off at the station by that FTO...
    Or at the City limits, County line or another State LOL

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Yeah, at a different PD..

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
    I think you should mention that to your FTO a few times during your training...if you ever make it that far.
    Mention enough things to your FTO, you may get dropped off at the station by that FTO...

Leave a comment:

• jeffIL
    replied
    Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
    Sorry oldcop, but that has to be THE dumbest statement I have ever heard...

Example: My opinion is that it sucks to be homeless. I've never been homeless, so is that opinion worthless?

I agree with the jm23. LEO's should be held accountable for actions, just as everyone else is...
    Just stop. You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else. I'm even a big believer in cops being held accountable. It's ridiculous when people come on this site though who aren't even hired yet and spout off about how things should be. The orginal poster, should shut his mouth, read this site to learn, and wait til he/she gets hired, then he can spread his vast law enforcement experience across the web.

Leave a comment:

• OfcrJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post

Example: My opinion is that it sucks to be homeless. I've never been homeless, so is that opinion worthless?

I agree with the jm23. LEO's should be held accountable for actions, just as everyone else is...
    I think you should mention that to your FTO a few times during your training...if you ever make it that far.

Leave a comment:

• Chicago_mwk
    replied
    Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
    an opinion expressed not backed up by experience, is worthless...

Leave a comment:

• Johnnylawman38
    replied
    Im a copper in WI also.....if I could add my two cents. I live in central WI, huge tourist area for flat-landers (IL people), most people from my area dont care for IL people. Maybe they are jealous because they can afford second homes and condos up here, some bitch about their driving, some just think their attitude sucks because when they come up here they think they own the place.

That being said I have worked with several officers, mainly troopers, who have pulled over Illinois coppers (mainly CPD). Most WI coppers I know will give professional courtesy....however if you start giving attitude and throw a badge in their face you probably will get a ticket. The troopers dont like it and wont deal with it. Just my opinion...be courteous, tell them who you are, take the ***** chewing, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Magic Matt
    replied
    On an open PUBLIC forum, all I can say is, I too like pie….

Oh, and I can mumble something about officer discretion and giving most civilians breaks…

But I prefer Brownies, God knows I do love them even more than donuts!

Leave a comment:

• styguy531
    replied
    Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
    Just remember, son, in this field the only people who give a s*** about you are brother cops and your family...
    ....ain't that the truth!

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitlow
    replied
    I got a ticket from an Illinois State Trooper once for no seat belt. I purposely did not tell him I was an officer until after he had already written the ticket because I didn't want to put him on the spot. The Illinois State Police, from my understanding, have a zero tolerance rule on seat belts. Plus I should have known better.

Leave a comment:

• oneoldcop
    replied
    Originally posted by jm23 View Post
    While I am not a LEO yet, Police Officers should be the first to know the dangers of speeding not only to the person speeding, but to others on the road. If you knew your fellow LEO was stealing drugs from the evidence room would you just say, "Oh, he's a cop, so I will let him go". I would hope not. Breaking a law is breaking a law, and yes there is a difference in severity, but how many people die from traffic accidents each year? Should cops get a break sometimes, yeah sure, especially from neighboring cities because they might be your back-up one day, but are cops entitled to break the law just because they have a badge, NO! LEO's should lead by example.
    an opinion expressed not backed up by experience, is worthless...

Leave a comment:

• Jail Guard7160
    replied
    just avoid 1st ave and you will be ok

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7697 users online. 363 members and 7334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X