Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with dogcop, this thread needs to die. I have never heard of any officers having a problem with any departments in Illinois. I also would never write a speeding ticket to another officer. As for the comment by jm23 save that for your interview and see how that works for you!

Comment

run a search this has been played out time and again. It always ends up with someone being banned and the thread disappears.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I like pie!
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by tufelhunden View Post
          Lot of suburban pds dont give any courtesy...niles, harwood heights and especially mccook. McCooks probably the worst..ticket cpd and county guys a lot on 1st ave right off of i55.
          I can tell you from experience I have never had any issues in Niles. I know quite a few guys up there and they are all super cool and I cant see any of them writing another cop. Unless there was some extreme circumstance Niles is Police friendly!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jm23 View Post
            While I am not a LEO yet, Police Officers should be the first to know the dangers of speeding not only to the person speeding, but to others on the road. If you knew your fellow LEO was stealing drugs from the evidence room would you just say, "Oh, he's a cop, so I will let him go". I would hope not. Breaking a law is breaking a law, and yes there is a difference in severity, but how many people die from traffic accidents each year? Should cops get a break sometimes, yeah sure, especially from neighboring cities because they might be your back-up one day, but are cops entitled to break the law just because they have a badge, NO! LEO's should lead by example.
            Until you do the job dont comment on it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
              From what I was told, Wisconsin coppers don't care too much for Chicago coppers because of some incident that happened in the 80s. A newspaper reporter did a report about a couple of years ago, stating that anybody from Illinois that drives through Wisconsin pretty much gets pulled over.
              Anyone have any idea what happened 30 years ago that is so bad Wisconsin and Illinois still have some anymosity? I've driven through Wisconsin many times without issue, but I've just heard that Wisconsin Highway Patrol hate Illinois police for some reason and never knew why.. anyone care to enlighten me? Anyone have a link to this article?

Comment

100% what Ofcr J and Dog said. Also, in 30 yrs of LE , 25 on CPD, and stopping more coppers than I can count, I've never had a city or burb copper "hang his star out the window." I also call BS on McCook. WSP does have a thing for writing ANY copper, Ill. or WI. A lot of Non-Police making comments on this..

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                  This isn't a shot at you. I know it has been discussed a thousand times on this board, including the Wisconsin vs. illinois thing, but I have driven in Wisconsin many, many times. Never been pulled over. It coulde be I'm lucky, or it could be that I watch my speed and try not to draw attention to myself.
                  I'm right there with you, I actually work in Wisconsin so I go on 94 across the cheese line all the time, never been pulled over. All you have to do is be careful. But yeah, we should let this thread die...

Nice day out today huh?
                  Last edited by sketchy002; 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

just avoid 1st ave and you will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by jm23 View Post
                      While I am not a LEO yet, Police Officers should be the first to know the dangers of speeding not only to the person speeding, but to others on the road. If you knew your fellow LEO was stealing drugs from the evidence room would you just say, "Oh, he's a cop, so I will let him go". I would hope not. Breaking a law is breaking a law, and yes there is a difference in severity, but how many people die from traffic accidents each year? Should cops get a break sometimes, yeah sure, especially from neighboring cities because they might be your back-up one day, but are cops entitled to break the law just because they have a badge, NO! LEO's should lead by example.
                      an opinion expressed not backed up by experience, is worthless...
                      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

I got a ticket from an Illinois State Trooper once for no seat belt. I purposely did not tell him I was an officer until after he had already written the ticket because I didn't want to put him on the spot. The Illinois State Police, from my understanding, have a zero tolerance rule on seat belts. Plus I should have known better.

Comment

Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
                          Just remember, son, in this field the only people who give a s*** about you are brother cops and your family...
                          ....ain't that the truth!

Comment

On an open PUBLIC forum, all I can say is, I too like pie….

Oh, and I can mumble something about officer discretion and giving most civilians breaks…

But I prefer Brownies, God knows I do love them even more than donuts!
                            Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Im a copper in WI also.....if I could add my two cents. I live in central WI, huge tourist area for flat-landers (IL people), most people from my area dont care for IL people. Maybe they are jealous because they can afford second homes and condos up here, some bitch about their driving, some just think their attitude sucks because when they come up here they think they own the place.

That being said I have worked with several officers, mainly troopers, who have pulled over Illinois coppers (mainly CPD). Most WI coppers I know will give professional courtesy....however if you start giving attitude and throw a badge in their face you probably will get a ticket. The troopers dont like it and wont deal with it. Just my opinion...be courteous, tell them who you are, take the ***** chewing, and you shouldn't have any problems.
                              ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                              NOR: Sept 2009
                              Interview: Nov 2009
                              NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                              TO: Jan 3, 2011
                              Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                              Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                              Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                              Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                              BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
                                an opinion expressed not backed up by experience, is worthless...
                                Sorry oldcop, but that has to be THE dumbest statement I have ever heard...

Example: My opinion is that it sucks to be homeless. I've never been homeless, so is that opinion worthless?

I agree with the jm23. LEO's should be held accountable for actions, just as everyone else is...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9611 users online. 451 members and 9160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X