300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops writing Cops

Just wondering if any LEO's in here ever received a citation from another copper? Got one in Wisconsin last week for speeding 15 miles over the limit on the freeway. Was courteous and all, but received the worst excuse ever for why I was issued the citation. Won't get too far into this on here, if you have any questions PM me.

Lot of suburban pds dont give any courtesy...niles, harwood heights and especially mccook. McCooks probably the worst..ticket cpd and county guys a lot on 1st ave right off of i55.

Comment

Originally posted by tufelhunden View Post
      Lot of suburban pds dont give any courtesy...niles, harwood heights and especially mccook. McCooks probably the worst..ticket cpd and county guys a lot on 1st ave right off of i55.
      What is your proof of this? I have NEVER heard of such a thing and don't believe it. I know McCook and I don't believe they would ever do this.
      www.saveavet.org

Comment

My old teacher in college worked for Missouri Highway Patrol he said he wrote a guy from Chicago for speeding because when he tried and stop him he kept going and just held his badge out the window. And the Chicago copper was just going to Lake of the Ozarks for vacation so he didn't have to be anywhere in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by tufelhunden View Post
          I have coworkers that have gotten breaks in Harwood Heights...

Comment

Yay! Another thread about this topic!
            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

While I am not a LEO yet, Police Officers should be the first to know the dangers of speeding not only to the person speeding, but to others on the road. If you knew your fellow LEO was stealing drugs from the evidence room would you just say, "Oh, he's a cop, so I will let him go". I would hope not. Breaking a law is breaking a law, and yes there is a difference in severity, but how many people die from traffic accidents each year? Should cops get a break sometimes, yeah sure, especially from neighboring cities because they might be your back-up one day, but are cops entitled to break the law just because they have a badge, NO! LEO's should lead by example.

Comment

Originally posted by jm23 View Post
                While I am not a LEO yet, Police Officers should be the first to know the dangers of speeding not only to the person speeding, but to others on the road. If you knew your fellow LEO was stealing drugs from the evidence room would you just say, "Oh, he's a cop, so I will let him go". I would hope not. Breaking a law is breaking a law, and yes there is a difference in severity, but how many people die from traffic accidents each year? Should cops get a break sometimes, yeah sure, especially from neighboring cities because they might be your back-up one day, but are cops entitled to break the law just because they have a badge, NO! LEO's should lead by example.
                You sound like a politician. Your rant sounds like the standard answer during an employment interview session with the police commission, devoid of any experience to back it up, and is typical of somebody who is basing an opinion on an ideology. Put a half dozen or so years under your belt as a donut eater and then come back and comment so at least your opinion has a bit of weight. Just remember, son, in this field the only people who give a s*** about you are brother cops and your family...

Comment

Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
                  You sound like a politician. Your rant sounds like the standard answer during an employment interview session with the police commission, devoid of any experience to back it up, and is typical of somebody who is basing an opinion on an ideology. Put a half dozen or so years under your belt as a donut eater and then come back and comment so at least your opinion has a bit of weight. Just remember, son, in this field the only people who give a s*** about you are brother cops and your family...
                  and the fire department. (know it sounds like a joke but there is a mutual respect..... Atleast where I'm at)

Comment

Originally posted by trafficcop87 View Post
                    Just wondering if any LEO's in here ever received a citation from another copper? Got one in Wisconsin last week for speeding 15 miles over the limit on the freeway. Was courteous and all, but received the worst excuse ever for why I was issued the citation. Won't get too far into this on here, if you have any questions PM me.
                    From what I was told, Wisconsin coppers don't care too much for Chicago coppers because of some incident that happened in the 80s. A newspaper reporter did a report about a couple of years ago, stating that anybody from Illinois that drives through Wisconsin pretty much gets pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
                      From what I was told, Wisconsin coppers don't care too much for Chicago coppers because of some incident that happened in the 80s. A newspaper reporter did a report about a couple of years ago, stating that anybody from Illinois that drives through Wisconsin pretty much gets pulled over.
                      This isn't a shot at you. I know it has been discussed a thousand times on this board, including the Wisconsin vs. illinois thing, but I have driven in Wisconsin many, many times. Never been pulled over. It coulde be I'm lucky, or it could be that I watch my speed and try not to draw attention to myself.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
                        I think you might be thinking of the Wisconsin Highway Patrol in particular. I know several coppers in WI from Beloit all the way up to Adams County, and unless you give them a reason, they are just fair as any Chicagoland/Illinois copper would be...
                        Last edited by PDlife4ME; 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                          What is your proof of this? I have NEVER heard of such a thing and don't believe it. I know McCook and I don't believe they would ever do this.
                          Well first mccook has a documented population of about 800 and 2 years ago they led all chicagoland suburbs in tickets per capita. Not saying they dont have good people who do quality police work but they are a revenue generating department. I personally know 5 chicago cops and 2 sheriffs police who were given tickets in the last 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                            I have coworkers that have gotten breaks in Harwood Heights...
                            HH is hit or miss..a lot of nonsense with them and the bordering cpd districts. Somewhat of a ****ing contest starts and it affects all officers who go through the area.

Comment

This thread just needs to die. Usually turns out with tons of stupidity with guys that want to be the Police and believe they are the moral authority, and then there are the other guys on the board much like myself that think this is a dumb thing to discuss on a public board. And really 5 CPD and 2 Brownies ticketed by a small PD that is near Chicago and has CCSPD through it everyday. Sorry, still calling BS. Plus I have never known them to lead anything in terms of stats. I have no doubts the lead per capita, they have 800 people, not a hard thing to do when you have a ton of traffic through town, this basically means nothing. You have a news article to support things? Plus to say lots of suburban PD's don't is just straight garbage. Even as much of you hear Naperville being no nonsense, I know of no incidents of them writing Cops. Then you'll always hear horror stories of ISP being strict, yet from people I talk to, including myself, I know of no such experiences with ISP either. So I would say the only people that should comment on this is if in fact YOU are a Cop and you yourself got the ticket. But chances are this person would be professional enough not to air such a topic on a public board. Sometimes I just shake my head at the stupid crap that is discussed.

WI is well known not to be a huge fan of IL. I know a Cop that got one from their State Police. But there was no bitching and moaning. It has been known for decades to tread lightly in WI. It is what it is.
                              Last edited by dogcop; 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM.
                              www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6701 users online. 265 members and 6436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X